Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

corona ???

Old 03-01-2004, 01:15 PM
finchero
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corona ???

hey guys I'm going to buy a corona for my second heli. I bought a logo but sold it because I want to start with something less expensive to repair in the event of a crash.
my question is, I know it does't have collective pitch but does it have the power to roll and loop with a brushless set up. Or is this simply a heli that flys and banks.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:54 PM
KLRico

Default RE: corona ???

I can't tell you about the corona because I have never flown one, but I have the gas LMH. The Lite Machines aren't the best for acrobatics. However they are very fun to fly nonetheless.

If you are a looking for an inexpendsive to repair heli look no more! The worse crash I had cost me less than 30 dollars to replace the tail rotor gearbox and both main rotor blades. These things are definately tough as nails!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:34 PM
Mini Boy

finchero:

"I bought a logo but sold it because I want to start with something less expensive to repair in the event of a crash."

It sorta sounds like you sold the Logo without flying it ?!?!?!.

You will find the Corona to be a great heli trainer, and you won't have to worry about "looping and rolling" until you get good nose out hovering techniques down to a science, as well as some left side in / right side in / circle and figure eight circuits down pat. THEN, how about the most dreaded "nose IN hovering"?? Assuming you are a heli newcomer (??), you are so far away from "Rolling and Rocking", that you really need not even think about it.

KLRico, myself, and hundreds of others have said the same: GET A CORONA, build it slowly, build it right, realize out how complicated a heli really is, get a good understanding of what really makes a heli fly, then take your time to trim it out, take it slow, and get it in the air (a foot)! You will be mind boggled!!!! The Corona is the smoothest, easiest flying machine going, bar none.

Be aware, as you go forward, there are dozens, maybe hundreds here on these forums that have already done what you are about to do. DON'T hesitate to ask a lot of questions. You can also use the forum "search" function with keywords as "Corona" , "electric heli", "LMH Corona", and others to accsess hundreds (probably thousands)of threads / posts on the subject.

Hope this mini novel has been of some help,

Russ
Old 03-01-2004, 08:53 PM
finchero

yes I did fly the logo if you can call it that as well as my raptor 60 & 30 which I also sold. As you said the hard part was all the trimming and time required to train. I hope the corona will be easier to start with. once I took up my 30 raptor I decided that maybe a 60 would handle the wind better, then thought maybe an electric would be easier so as not having to mess with breaking in and fusing with an engine when all I have ever known is electric. so hence came the logo 10. she flew a couple feet off the ground and then came back the problem with trimming and the fact that I was very limited on spare time back then.
I am awesome at flying high speed electric brushless jets, so I know I have the reflexes,and I can hold my own on a simulator but I have to admit that I have no idea what you meant about all the different acrobatic verbs. I have alot to learn and I believe this is the place.So I sold the logo and now I'm back.. I hear the spirit of heli calling
to add to my problem I sold the logo 10 to a fellow forum gentlemen who claimed to not receive all of the logo and turned in a complaint to his credit card company. Like the stupid I am, I tried to save a few bucks by not using delivery confirmation. Little did I know that if I couldn't prove shipment then I was at fault and had to cough up $506.00. to this day the person thinks I'm a thief. lesson learned and now that I've recovered I want a corona....that's my novel... peace out.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Mini Boy

Hi Finchero!

Well ...... I assumed (NEVER ASSUME) that you were a rookie, but it sounds like you got your thumbs trained pretty well. While the Corona is certainly not an aerobatic heli, it certainly can loop and roll. Now, I don't mean that these will be show stopping beauties by any stretch of the imagination, but they can be done. Otherwise, as stated above, you should be able to have a Corona trimmed and hovering by the third or fourth battery pack. Remember to t a k e y o u r t i m e !

Do a search for "loops" in the LMH helicopter forum, and you will get a few hits.

hope this helps.

Happy and safe flying,

Russ
Old 03-02-2004, 11:54 AM
finchero

thanks mini boy, in my mind I'm still a rookie when it comes to heli but as long as I can get in an occasional loop or two I think the corona should keep me happy for a little while and allow for some training in the patience area. I'm still like a kid in a lot of ways when it comes to taking my time and doing it right. I know I need to slow down but excitement always pushes me along. maybe the corona will be more forgiving until I grow up some.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Mini Boy

Hi Finchero:

Well ..... you need to be methodical, and follow the construction steps in the manual, otherwise you will wind up building the thing three times before you're done.

I would also recommend not buying the complete kit, just the heli, build package (glue, grease, oil, allen wrenches and such), and a pinion gear. Get the radio, servos, motor, ESC and gyro separately, and you'll have a whale of a system.

Russ
Old 03-02-2004, 05:41 PM
finchero

yes your right. I have no problem with the patience of building, I think that's my strong piont. putting together a nice plane or heli isn't my problem. I think its the fine tuning. When I get out to a field I want to fly and if somethings not quit right instead of packing it up and getting back to the drawing board I tend to push it. I already have most of the stuff thanks to my rc jets, including a gyro. The corona I can probably fine tune in front of my house. maybe this will help with my patience
Old 03-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Mini Boy

Finchero .... :

You are mostly correct ... as long as you can calm down a tad, .... you'll be fine!!

Make sure you've cycled the flight packs two or three times, MAKE SURE the transmitter pack is charged (ask me why I know?!?!?), make sure the servo travel is where you expect it to be, and in the correct direction, take a deep breath, and go for it!! ... slow, easy inputs on the sticks ... take your time, and have FUN!!!!

Keep us posted!!

Happy and SAFE flying,

Russ
Old 03-04-2004, 10:10 PM
gregw

ORIGINAL: finchero

to add to my problem I sold the logo 10 to a fellow forum gentlemen who claimed to not receive all of the logo and turned in a complaint to his credit card company. Like the stupid I am, I tried to save a few bucks by not using delivery confirmation. Little did I know that if I couldn't prove shipment then I was at fault and had to cough up $506.00. to this day the person thinks I'm a thief. lesson learned and now that I've recovered I want a corona....that's my novel... peace out.
Hmmm... So now, it was only ONE Logo and not TWO Logos that you were selling? I think you really need to get your story straight... Anyone who wants to read all about my ordeal with finchero/Lonny Fincher can see his [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/mem-ratings.cfm?memId=63615]Karma Feedback[/link]. You are lucky I managed to get a charge back through my Visa card, otherwise I WILL be persuing you through the courts on this one.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:21 AM
finchero

you know what gregw you need to move on, you have no idea what helicopters I've owned and what I've pieced together through my experiences. I was parting together helicopters before I ever learned to fly my first rc. your comments where uncalled for and wrong but I guess I would probably do the same in your shoes. But go ahead and keep the comments coming and I'll do my best to deal with them.
I make no judgement as to your character. even though I can't prove that your an honest man or not!, I assume that you are. The chargeback was a learning experience for me(need proof of shipment). I believe that this is a forum for peaceful & friendly conversing and learning. I lost 506.00 you did not.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:07 AM
gregw

Just setting the record straight here... Based on the little sob stories you emailed to me, especially about "selling" two logos instead of one.. You tried to rip me off but your little scheme back fired. Hope you learned something from this experience.

BTW, since you sold the ESC/motor/UBEC and batteries to someone else instead of sending it to me as agreed, you hadn't "lost" $506.00 at all.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:02 AM
finchero

no sir I'm out 506.00. I still have some spare parts to the logo's if you would like.ball links, pinions,mixing arms,fiberglass rotor blades,stock swashplate with missing ball,vertical and horizontal fin set,a thrust bearing set, as well as a decal set. but I think I'll keep all these for the day I can go beyond the corona and maybe back to the larger helis. Yes I have learned a lesson but not do to dishonesty.I also take pride in my integrity
Old 03-06-2004, 06:03 PM
gregw

Unfortunately, your behaviour on this deal has shown that the pride you take in your so called, "integrity", has been completely misplaced. I offered to buy the Logo from you for $900, including INSURED shipping to Hong Kong. You agreed to the deal, then decided, on your own accord and without informing me, to send it without insurance because, and I quote from your email: "PACKAGES WERE NOT INSURED, IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE". If you had any integrity at all, then you should have simply rejected my offer and sent me a refund since shipping was, as you put it, "too expensive".

Also, if you had sent the Logo by insured mail, then you wouldn't have been out $506 since you could always have the packages tracked and file an insurance claim with the USPS if the package is lost. I was willing to be fair and tried to work out an amount of refund for the missing items with you, but you rejected me completely, claiming that I was "harassing" you, and that you had absolutely no responsibility to pay me for the missing items.

In the end, I finally had no choice but to purchase brand new replacements of the missing items for the Logo, and simply filed the receipts for the replacement cost to Visa for a charge back.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:41 PM
finchero

you know what,yes I made the mistake of not having confirmation of shipment, this I agree. Also you agreed on no insurance due to it being expensive(approx 100.00 to china). I have no insecurity in the area of my integrity. as for saying you where harassing me, yes this I stated. anyone can see from this thread how I could come to this conclusion. just read your own writing. would you want to work with someone who speaks to or writes to you this way, let alone believe the things you accuse.
Its obvious that you won't let this go even though you have been entirely compensated. your the type that must have the last word in edge wise. as for me I refuse to take this thread any further with you and will go back to my happy life and with threads where people learn and teach each other and enjoy doing so. I will not respond any further good day, and peace.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:46 PM
gregw

That's where we defer... I'm simply stating facts... Not spinning out fairy tales of woe...

There was never any agreement by me to send the heli out without insurance. That's just another instance of you making up stories to suit yourself and shows your complete lack of integrity.

I enjoy helping my fellow modellers as well.. Just not you, since I find myself getting fairly irritated being reminded of the problems I had buying the Logo from you.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:55 AM
ralphyfly

hey don't sweat it finchero It looks like this gregw guy has a problem. I wouldn't want to work with him either let alone trust that he's being honest with you.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:58 PM
ralphyfly

actually gregw doesn't seem too bad maybe you guys just had a bad case of luck[]
Old 03-08-2004, 09:59 PM
gregw

ORIGINAL: rcaddition

hey don't sweat it finchero It looks like this gregw guy has a problem. I wouldn't want to work with him either let alone trust that he's being honest with you.
Hi rcaddition,

Just looked at your [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/showProfile.asp?memid=97488]profile[/link] and noticed that you list your name as Lonny Fincher, AKA finchero.. Nice move posting here in support of yourself while pretending to be someone else..

I guess that says more for your lack of integrity than anything else I might post here..

Greg
Old 03-08-2004, 10:11 PM
ralphyfly

gregw I think your confused with a different post
Old 03-08-2004, 10:14 PM
gregw

Well, after I posted my reply above, Lonny Fincher, aka finchero, rcaddition and now, ralphyfly, changed his profile. He is NOW, ralph george and no longer Lonny Fincher..

However, I knew he was going to do this, so here is a screen capture of his profile before he made the change.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90761.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	109388  
Old 03-08-2004, 10:20 PM
ralphyfly

gregw I think your losing it. You o.k man?
Old 03-09-2004, 10:11 PM
gregw

ORIGINAL: ralphyfly

gregw I think your losing it. You o.k man?
Perfectly fine, Lonny... Just revealing your lack of integrity to everyone here in this community, so that they know what kind of person you are..
Old 03-09-2004, 10:13 PM
ralphyfly

hummm stil want to call me Lonnie that's o.k., I think???[]
Old 03-09-2004, 10:19 PM
gregw

ORIGINAL: ralphyfly

hummm stil want to call me Lonnie that's o.k., I think???[]
I just call them as I see them..

You might want to use another ID to harrass me since I've already "outed" you on this one.. Just make sure you don't put in your real name in the profile the next time though..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.