Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Hanger Nine Cap 232

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 07:40 AM
RcBuzzard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger Nine Cap 232

Hi All
I was just given a Hanger Nine Cap 232 that has been in a crash don't know much about this airplane. I looked on Horizons page and the one they list has an eighty inch wingspan. The one I was given has a 73" wingspan so I assume they are not the same airplane. Anyone out there have any info on this plane? Background flying habits or whatever I'm trying to decide if I want to repair it or not.
John
Old 04-20-2003, 09:00 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

I've had three of them.They are excellent airplanes.I would repair it if it's not alot of work.Hangar 9 no longer produces them,but you can still find them for sale on ebay and other forums.I've used saito 1.80's on mine.A friend had a os 1.60 on his,both give the airplane unlimited vertical.If you do a search on some of the forums you will find an incredible amount of info on the airplane.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:40 AM
RcBuzzard

Thanks for the info. Do you know where I can get a cowl for it?
Old 04-21-2003, 01:41 PM
rtn9105
My Feedback: (35)

The last time I talked to horizon, they were still stocking the parts for this plane. You should be able to get a cowl ordered from them but it may take a couple of weeks depending on which color you need. When I ordered some stuff for mine, I needed a new landing gear, they said the landing gear for the all white plane (which is what my plane is) was on backorder but they did have one for the Matt Chapman color scheme. Go figure how the exact same landing gear has different part #'s on planes with different trim schemes. But anyway, give horizon a call, they should be able to set you up with a cowl and anything else you need for the Cap.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:36 AM
RcBuzzard

The color scheme isn't too important since the airplane will be recovered. I'll give Horizon a call Thanks. Are you aware of any balance issues. The airplane was originaly set up with the rudder and elevator servos in the tail. I think I'll move the rudder servo and set it up with pull pull. I'm also considering a small gasser up front.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:11 AM
rtn9105
My Feedback: (35)

The plane tends to be tail heavy without the servo's in the tail so I would assume your plane originally had a larger gas engine on it. A friend of mine has this same plane with an OS 1.20 four stroke and the servo's in the stock location and had to ad 30 oz of lead to the fire wall to get it to balance (he'll be going to a Moki 1.80 real soon). Having said that, I would be very cautious of any weight you put behind the CG point. This will of course depend on how heavy your gasser is.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:26 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

I've always mounted the servos up front,unless you've got a heavy gasser in the nose you'll be tail heavy with the servos in the tail.