Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Which software for analog video

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Skycam41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which software for analog video

I am looking for software that will work with analog video, any suggestions? A friend has the Pinnacle version 8 but it seems that it is just for DV, is that correct?

Is there a previous version of Pinnacle studio that is for analog video?

Thanks

Mike
Old 04-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Which software for analog video

As far as I know, Studio 8 will work with analog video. You need an analog capture device to get it into the computer. I had Dazzle II recommended to me as a good device. So far I have only worked with digital but will probably have to get an analog device myself.
There are devices that use PCI cards and some that use USB. I would look into USB if it were me.
As I said tho, I have no actual experience with analog capture so take my advice for what it is worth.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:23 PM
billmi

What do you mean by "work with analog video?"

I assume you have video from an analog source - camera or tape.

You can mix it with other analog video sources - like multiple cameras - that can all be done analog - with an analog mixer the way sporting events are produced live with multiple cameras.

If you want to edit the video, and you want to edit staying analog, you need to set up multiple analog sources, like VCRs, and editing is basically playing one while recording to the other - that's the old-school way video was edited from the 70s through the mid 90s.

If you want to edit the video in your compter, your computer can only store the video in digital form. You need an analog video capture card for the computer (it will likely have capture software included) that will let you record an analog signal into a digital file in your computer. Then, most any video editing package on the computer can be used to edit.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:40 PM
RCFlyer

Try this web site for Pinnacle Systems at www.pinnaclesys.com they have Dazzel 80 and150.
There's is nothing on Dazzel II on their site. Dazzel comes with Studio 8. Studio 8 will work with
Dazzel and Studio 8 will work with analog video, but you have to up-grade Studio 9.
I bought their Linx system with Studio 8 to be used for analog video this system has been discontinued.
I do plan to up-grade to Studio 9 lot more features, and the up-grade has a discount too.

Rcflyer