Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electrics in water?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 06:38 PM
tunnelvishon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrics in water?

My e-glider went in the lake today and I got it out after a minute or so but the rx, servos, battery, and bec got drenched. I took the bec and rx apart and dried them with hairdryer. My question is if I test the stuff out and do a range check and everything seems to work fine, would it be wise to use this stuff again or will I have unforseen problems in the future? I hate to think i went into 42* water up to my nipples for nothing. Also, do the servos (JR 241's) need to be taken apart and dried also? Anyone with experience in this please chime in. Thanks
Old 05-18-2004, 06:44 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electrics in water?

As long as you get everything dried out, you'll be fine. You might want to flush everything with rubbing alcohol just to wash away any impurities from the water that might cause corrosion, though.