Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

My First Mid Air!!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

My First Mid Air!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 08:34 PM
high in da sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Mid Air!!

When me and my friend were doing combat in comes a third plane with a streamer so we figured he wanted in(he really did) so he was flying a swizzle stick but we didnt mind it was all fun, and me and my friend were flying spad dogfighters. well anyway me and the swizzle stick started doing loops around each other when we tangled up I got him alot better than he got me. my damage was 4 prop slashes in the wing wich look awesome and his damage was a broken trailing edge and a ripped off rudder Amazinly we both land fine mine was pretty normal dead stick but his took some effort considering it was a rudder elevator plane, with no rudder. Also we both flew again the same day all i had to do was start the engine but he skrewed the rudder back on and for the trailing edge he taped a wooden prop to it. Talk about a lucky day!
Old 05-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Kripto

Default RE: My First Mid Air!!

SPADS rule...
Old 05-26-2004, 08:14 PM
ptmac3
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: My First Mid Air!!

I remember my first mid air. It was my 2nd or 3rd season. I was flying a Midwest Aerosport 40 (discontinued - their version of a stick) about 200 feet out, approx 100 feet off the deck, bookin' along at 3/4 to full throttle. A couple of members are standing a short distance behind me when I overhear one of them remark that there had been about 4 or 5 mid airs at the field so far that year. I start thinking to myself "Gee, I've never actually seen a mid air" and at that exact moment it happens. Wham! I collide with another members GP Ultrasport 90 or 120 size. Cut the wing and the fuse of my little Aerosport right in half. The other guy lost about a foot off of one wing. Oh well, at least I can laugh about it now. It certainly was no ones fault.