Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

help! trying to find sailplane!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

help! trying to find sailplane!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 12:14 PM
nightrider_rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! trying to find sailplane!

hi i have been looking around for a good, cheap, and small glider that i could travel with for use on a small slope. i beleive i have found the right one. it's called the "Alba-Toss" for mad aircraft designs. but i can't find it anywhere. the webpage (www.madaircraft.com) is shut down/ wrong. i have been atempting to find this aircraft for weeks and i cannot seem to find it anywere. if anyone has any ideas or knows where i could get one please help. thanks
Old 07-03-2004, 12:17 PM
nightrider_rc

Default RE: help! trying to find sailplane!

this is what it looks like: [img]C:/WINDOWS/desktop/AlbaToss.jpg[/img]
Old 07-03-2004, 12:21 PM
nightrider_rc

sorry i guess that didn't work, go to http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...fm?kit_id=1244
Old 07-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Sunny_B

I think Madd is out of business. I have their Highlander, but haven't built it yet. If anyone knows anything else please post.
Sunny_b
Old 07-03-2004, 03:00 PM
TFLG

MAD has been out of business for over two years. You might want to pick another plane! The Weasel is probably the most popular small sloper these days.

http://www.dream-flight.com/index.html

TFLG
Old 07-04-2004, 04:58 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm also looking for this kind of plane, but I'd rather have a conventional glider with tail surfaces and something that the wings break down. I'd like a 48" span with a wing joiner so I have 2 24" pieces and a small pod and boom fuse, like the GP Fling but a two piece wing. I want it to keep at my mother in-laws in the Bahamas so I have something to fly when I'm there and can keep in her attic. Ideally it would be electric powered too, and with small(HS-81) servos that I could remove and take with me when I visit. Slope is the next best thing as there are many dunes that I can use for lift. I want to keep something there and it has to be easily transported on a small airpalne and I'd rather not have to take fuel with me, I have a ll the chargers and LiPo batteries so a small electric would be great. I would like to also have a small sloper as there are many dunes nearby. I have an old Talon that will work but I'd rather have something for lighter lift and that breaks down smaller.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:48 PM
spiritcruncher

I was looking for a glider once. It took about a half hour to find it buried nose first in the ground.

Try the Great Planes Spirit 2 meter. Excellent starter.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:28 AM
AirHead256

Anyone out there that is flying the Defiant from NSP?
Thanks,
Perry