Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Weather Stink?, Favoritie Team getting Trashed?, Build a Burrito!!!!

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Weather Stink?, Favoritie Team getting Trashed?, Build a Burrito!!!!

Old 11-13-2003, 09:06 PM
latch66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weather Stink?, Favoritie Team getting Trashed?, Build a Burrito!!!!

Here's a picture of the fus dry fitted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57928.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	74579  
Old 11-14-2003, 09:54 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default RE: Weather Stink?, Favoritie Team getting Trashed?, Build a Burrito!!!!

That looks great latch!! When you gonna gluer her together and get 'er in the air??!!
Old 11-16-2003, 11:59 AM
777M8

Latch,

You should see how faster Gordo is getting his together after he flew mine.
Your gonna luv it...B Bill
Old 11-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

If Gordo ever quits adding stuff to the wing covering he'll get it done. Thanks to gators inspiration I keep adding to the design. Anyway, Great bird Paul. I reall enjoyed flying Bill's Burrito. Very nice and the loops/waterfalls...........well, just WOW.

Paul, I hope you'll keep designing and kitting planes. These are so much better than the rest of the fodder out there. The FF Taco is so strong, It should have broke 5 times right behind the wing. I hit so hard the other day, the stab blew right out of the fuse. Didn't break though. Just a bit of CA to re-attach the Stab and it's flying! And a joy to build, really fast and reliable quality!

(OK, did I suck up enough?)
Old 11-16-2003, 02:23 PM
PaulSwany

Thanks duuude... Glad you like it!!! I'm working on a new design now... hope to have something by the spring....
Old 11-16-2003, 10:12 PM
latch66

I'm still making progress.

I'll have it done soon.

I want this bird to look special. After seeing so many of Gator's birds, I just had to try to do one like he would.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:38 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: latch66

I want this bird to look special. After seeing so many of Gator's birds, I just had to try to do one like he would.

Mission accomplished.........I cant beleive you aint flying that thing yet....man the WX gotta start suck'n up that way....your gonna love the way the burritto flies......G
Old 11-16-2003, 10:45 PM
latch66

Thank Gator.

I've lost two full weeks and three full weekends since I started the Burrito due to being out of town. I'm going to loose three more days this upcoming week.

The bird practically framed itself. One week from start to finish. I knew I would slow down when I hit the covering phase, but man I wasn't expecting this.

She'll fly soon. You can count on it.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:40 AM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

Lookin' Good Latch. We're raceing now, I just finished final assembly. Radio and Engine are all I lack. Anybody got recomendation on the tank. Bill's is real TIGHT!!! I like BIG tanks, guess I'll have to get used to shorter flights (I like 12 oz min)

I bet Paul is sick of hearing it, but Man it builds so great and Bill's flies Awsome!!! I'm spending too much time on the looks. This is gonna be great flying and it'll take a licking and keep on ticking. Saturday is the day!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2003, 11:36 AM
777M8

I really like my BURRITO!!!

B Bill
Old 11-25-2003, 11:19 PM
latch66

For those of you wondering...........Yes, I am STILL working on this thing!

I cannot stress it enough, It's not the build, it's my crazy schedule.

But I did want to update everyone on a couple of things I've noticed so far.

First: It is a lot easier to put as much of the radio gear as possible in the wing BEFORE you put on the fus. Of course, you can't route the all of the servos wires, but you can get the servos and get the switch/charge jack in place.

Also, for everyone who has wanted an easy way to cut the holes for the servo arms through the balsa sheeting, I've found this technique. Remove the screw from the servo arm and remove the servo arm. Don't replace the screw. Cut the end off a round toothpick. Put the end of the toothpick in the hole on the gear. Then center the servo on your rails and push it into place. You will then have a perfectly marked center holes for cutting the sheeting. Here is a picture to help explain it.

Name:	Tr49897.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	77553  
Old 11-26-2003, 03:12 AM
matlok

ORIGINAL: latch66
Also, for everyone who has wanted an easy way to cut the holes for the servo arms through the balsa sheeting, I've found this technique. Remove the screw from the servo arm and remove the servo arm. Don't replace the screw. Cut the end off a round toothpick. Put the end of the toothpick in the hole on the gear. Then center the servo on your rails and push it into place. You will then have a perfectly marked center holes for cutting the sheeting. Here is a picture to help explain it.
Boy, those southern transplant guys are smart!!!

Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:18 AM
Razorback58
My Feedback: (8)

Your Burrito looks great latch! Be sure to show us your radio installation. I'm also building a Burrito, and if it flies as well as it builds then it will be great! I can't wait to try it out! Keep up the good work and thanks for all the tips and pictures. They sure have helped! I wonder what kind of Mexican food Paul will be designing next? Hmmmmmmmmmm....................................
Old 11-26-2003, 10:53 PM
777M8

One of the BEST flying planes I have owned Maybe I just got lucky and set everything up right
But man this thing ROCKS, If I can get my other projects done I will deffinatly be building a backup,
This thing can take a lick forsure, just not sure how many it can take who knows I may Auger it in

B Bill
Old 02-18-2004, 02:03 PM
mstroh3961
My Feedback: (4)

Latch66, Thanks for a great thread! Ive found it very helpfull! Swanny this kit is ausom! Now if I can get Gator to cover it for me.......
Old 04-21-2004, 10:15 PM
jnjacksn

Latch,

You ever gonna finish this bird?
Old 07-19-2004, 01:33 AM
777M8

BUMP...I want to know if it ever got done???? I also bumped it for some of the new Burrito'ers...[8D]
Old 07-19-2004, 08:31 AM
jnjacksn

Latch was back in Mississipi not to long ago and I asked him about it.

I don't remember what his answer was but I am shure I gave him a REALLY hard time about it.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:19 AM
latch66

Yes, it will get done. I had to put some other commitments in front of it.

Speaking of one of those other commitments................

Jnjacksn, did you get that sho-nuff, super clean, top-notch, A#1, straight as an arrow, Sledge ARF I put in your hands when I went through Mississippi in the air yet????

(Of course, I can't give you too hard of a time yet. It took me long enough to finish it. Have you got it ready to send me some pictures yet? I'm looking forward to seeing it.)

My target is to have the Burrito ready before the Nashville ProBro.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:54 AM
777M8

I can understand why it not done,What with flying Heli's and all...
Old 07-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Quicker

Y'a now, profile usually end up with the propeller pointing up, too. Don't need no stinkin helicopters!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:24 AM
A. Holden

latch-
I'm glad to see that someone is on the same schedule with their burrito as me- I have had mine in an arf state for the last couple of months but haven't been inspired to finish it- well last night I broke my goldberg 330 in half learning to hover and I now have all the guts for my burrito- and with the cf tube I don't have to worry about breaking the fuse in half!!!!! well, you haven't seen me attempt to hover so I won't say that it won't break in half cuz anything is possible! I have some tall weeds by my house that I hover over and I got a little off course and cartwheeled across the road..... picked her up and went flying again...... and again until the fuse was hanging by a thread- that 330 sacrificed itself for me to learn to hover!!!!! I think I'll keep it and try to fix it for another beater plane to learn on....... Here comes the burrito..... I'll call it "learning to hover part 2" -lol
Yours is looking great! keep working on it and it'll be in the air before you know it- I'll post a few pics on here as I finish it-

Alex Holden
Pro Bro #555
[email protected]
OHIOMODELPLANES
FUTABA
BYRON FUELS
PROFILES ONLY!
Old 07-20-2004, 03:23 PM
jnjacksn

ORIGINAL: Quicker

Y'a now, profile usually end up with the propeller pointing up, too. Don't need no stinkin helicopters!!!

Latch can't hover yet, that is why he got the heli.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:32 PM
A. Holden

here's mine..... finished it up yesterday am and took it to the field to test- It trimmed out pretty easy but I did notice that I had to put quite a bit on up elevator into it ...... I think that the ailerons could be the cause of this- do you guys have the ailerons following the bottom line of the wing or neutral? I had mine neutral-
All in all I am very pleased as this is the first plane that I have built and covered - It was a great feeling to build it, see it fly, and bring it down in one piece!

Alex

Name:	Nk28196.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	157477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok29163.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	157478  
Old 07-26-2004, 02:29 PM
PaulSwany

Looks great Alex... On the up elevator trim, you might check your Aileron's to make sure they are dead center. Usually if they are reflexed up or down, you have to add elevator to counter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.