Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Wild hare extra horiz stab problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 07:45 PM
SuperStick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild hare extra horiz stab problem

I have been wanting a wild hare extra for some time now, but a friend just purchased on and the horizontal stab isnt level, he said he called wild hare and they told him how to fix it or to send it back and they would fix it. I dont think i would like to purchase a plane that has a issue with the elevator alignment Has anyone else have this issue or ihas it been corrected.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Wild hare extra horiz stab problem

If you don't want to buy a plane with any issues, then it would be best not to any any plane...

OK, Seriously. The alignment of the stabs is a simple thing to do and is not a problem on all of these planes. Mine was perfect.

Why don't you have a look at the Wild hare support forum.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_83/tt.htm
Old 07-21-2004, 09:36 AM
SuperStick

Issues are one thing and defects are another.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Jemo

These planes do not have any defects. Every ARF should be checked for wing and stab incidence, if you don't you are only kidding yourself.

This Wild hare Edge has been an excellent flying plane.

I have had Great Planes, Hanger 9 etc, each had incidence issues, one even had a cocked wing. If I were to just put it together it would have flown like crap.

Some of the Wild Hare Planes had the stab incidence off a bit. It takes about five minutes to correct. I would hardly call that a defect.

Perhaps your experience tells you different.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Fixed Wing

Superstick, I have built 5 Wildhare planes (3 - 35% Extras, 1 - 35% G202, 1- 28% Edge) and all had near perfect incidence settings with no modifications required. The fact that Tom at WH gave you a choice on how to fix the problem or to return it for another one is a sign of excellent customer service and support. I highly recommend any of the WH products.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:20 PM
SuperStick

I personally have not seen the defect, issue , or whatever you want to call it that my friend had on his wild hare plane, I was looking for advice on what other folks have encountered with this situation so i could let him know and also to help with my decision on purchasing one of the wild hare aircraft. I am not out to bash wild hare or any other maufacturer. I build most of my aircraft and would still purchase one of the wild hare products as it is a great price on the bird and from what i have read they fly great..
Old 07-22-2004, 04:12 PM
Blow n Go

Honestly, give me 10 minutes with any ARF......and I'll show you more issues than you can count on both hands. If you're into perfection, build it yourself. If you want to get in the air fast, buy an ARF. They serve their purpose, but you can't be too picky!
Old 07-22-2004, 05:00 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Superstick,

I don't think it's a c occurence for the Wild Hares to have the stab incidence off. Like any ARF, it does happen on rare occasion. The best thing about the Wild Hare is if it does happen the customer service is outstanding, and Tom will usually bend over backward to help you out. And you're right, it's a hell of a bargain at $400. I have a 300 LX still in the box and it is absolutely gorgeous. If you buy one you won't be disappointed with the quality. See ya!
Old 07-22-2004, 11:20 PM
SuperStick

thanks for the feed back guys from the way everyone is speaking up for wild hare means a bunch for their product and service.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:15 AM
MAKdaddy

I had an Edge from the first patch of planes and unless something has radically changed since then, they are total and complete junk. The stab was badly out of level--tip to tip, it was 1.5" out of level. The V stab was also tilted badly--5 degrees in fact. Emailed Tom with a pic and he offered no help--he did notice that my precision ground combination square was somehow crooked. Yeah right! I took it to work on a 6' x 10' granite surface plate, mounted up drop indicators, and not a single thing was straight. With no support and not wanting to pawn off the heap on somebody else, I went to go fix these problems (famous last words: can't be that bad...) and found out there is hardly any glue in the plane at all--it's like they assembled it like a deck of cards and covered it before it tumbled apart. Went to mount my DA, and the cheap ply fire wall kept delamenating--like bolting a diamond to a terd!

After taking one step forward and two steps back, it now sits in a box, folded in half, waiting for me to get marshmellows so I can have a bonfire. Before I do that however, I'm going to do terrible things to it that would make Hannibal the Cannibal blush. Arf of the year??? To who, a blind person?

Do yourself a favor, don't be another sheep and jump on the bandwagon--politely ask for your money back, safely send it back, and move on to something else.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:51 AM
SuperStick

wow dude sorry bout the nightmare your having wiht the extra, so far with the bird my firend has thats all he has found Sounds to me like you should retrun it anyway.