Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official HPI MT2 Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Hpi_mt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

hey guys sorry i haven't been posting much i've been in another town oh and grantothismo your welcome; yeh i think hpi made a great truck some things could've been better bet overall i like it mines been pretty durable im getting a savage this weekend i cant wait; good luck with the racing grantothismo maybe you should try investing in the graphite radio tray and get graphite shock towers

towers http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGWX6&P=Z

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGWX5&P=Z
Old 09-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Hpi_mt2

i cant find the graphite radio tray but i will soon but you should make your truck lighter get rid of unneccesary things if you want to win
Old 09-07-2004, 10:59 AM
dping28

Anyone know of any threaded aluminum shocks for the rear of the MT2 besides the ones from HPI that are still on order at tower? All the ones I keep finding are too short. I dont mind if they are a hair longer. Also I saw someone had doubled them up in the rear, how could I do this? What parts would I need? Thanks!

-D
Old 09-07-2004, 01:39 PM
PM427

hey thanks....yup it worked this time...anyways where can i get this little "adapters" they used?

ORIGINAL: Blankstare

hmmmm... it works on my computer, try this

http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...i?part_id=2075
Old 09-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Blankstare

im not sure... it might come with it, ask someone who ordered the tank[&:]
Old 09-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Bigup MT2

ORIGINAL: Hpi_mt2

hey guys sorry i haven't been posting much i've been in another town oh and grantothismo your welcome; yeh i think hpi made a great truck some things could've been better bet overall i like it mines been pretty durable im getting a savage this weekend i cant wait; good luck with the racing grantothismo maybe you should try investing in the graphite radio tray and get graphite shock towers

towers http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGWX6&P=Z

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGWX5&P=Z
I have just fitted the graphite frt and rear shock towers. The frt was fine but i noticed that the rear one is missing 2 alloy collets to space the rear shock from the tower. Have informed HPI europe and apparently they will send me some free when thay find them. The spec sheet say's it only has 2 and that is what it comes wtih but the fitting instruction recommends two for each side which is what i found i needed to get clearence for the shocks from the tower.

Hope that made sense................
Old 09-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Bigup MT2

Have just got my Steering knuckles from Tower very fast for delivery to the Uk so will be using them again. Still waiting for the bag of bits from new era which were ordered before the tower part.
Been playing with my mates T-Maxx V-good and quick for a truck. How does it compare to the savage? does anyone know or has anyone played with both?
Old 09-07-2004, 06:17 PM
Tex_MT2

I think it's supposed to, it has in the description that it comes with the required machined adapter plate - that little linkage sure doesn't look like what I'd call an adapter plate, but maybe it's just their poor choice of words? I remember a guy on here ordered that tank some time back though, and I don't think he got one. I'd email New Era and see what they say about it.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:46 PM
PM427

ok thanks will do

ORIGINAL: Tex_MT2

I think it's supposed to, it has in the description that it comes with the required machined adapter plate - that little linkage sure doesn't look like what I'd call an adapter plate, but maybe it's just their poor choice of words? I remember a guy on here ordered that tank some time back though, and I don't think he got one. I'd email New Era and see what they say about it.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Hpi_mt2

ORIGINAL: dping28

Anyone know of any threaded aluminum shocks for the rear of the MT2 besides the ones from HPI that are still on order at tower? All the ones I keep finding are too short. I dont mind if they are a hair longer. Also I saw someone had doubled them up in the rear, how could I do this? What parts would I need? Thanks!

-D
hey here are the aluminum shocks for the mt2 those are the rear http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVZ60&P=7

here are the front http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVZ59&P=7
Old 09-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Blankstare

yea tex, i saw where they had said it came with the adapter plate and i was thinking the exact same thing, it might be a bad choice of words or somethin, and be talking about something else
Old 09-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Tex_MT2

hey here are the aluminum shocks for the mt2 those are the rear http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVZ60&P=7

Dude, you need to do more research and be more careful about what you post. The aluminium shocks you have linked to are for the original MT, not the MT2. The MT2 shock absorbers are longer on the front and the rear compared to the MT. One area where you need to be very careful about parts compatibility between the two is with suspension - the MT2 had a substantially re-designed suspension setup.

The alum. shocks you linked to have the following uncompressed lengths:

Front = 3.75"
Rear = 4"

If my metric-imperial conversions are correct, the HPI Sport shocks for the MT2 as listed on Tower, which I believe are exactly the same as stock units have the following uncompressed lengths:

Front = 4"
Rear = 4.6"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it you in the past who had said that the springs on the front and rear of the MT2 were the same length? I ordered new springs based on that data, and when I took the old ones off, they were clearly longer on the back than the front, which I had a hunch about before I ordered new ones. In the end it worked out fine for what I had in mind, I just used rear hards on the front and rear super hards on the rear, but if we're going to be giving product advice to one another, we should be as careful as possible when we give someone details on an item or recommend it as compatible with their truck.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Blankstare

good thinkin tex
Old 09-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Hpi_mt2

Dude, you need to do more research and be more careful about what you post. The aluminium shocks you have linked to are for the original MT, not the MT2. The MT2 shock absorbers are longer on the front and the rear compared to the MT. One area where you need to be very careful about parts compatibility between the two is with suspension - the MT2 had a substantially re-designed suspension setup.

Front = 3.75"
Rear = 4"

If my metric-imperial conversions are correct, the HPI Sport shocks for the MT2 as listed on Tower, which I believe are exactly the same as stock units have the following uncompressed lengths:

Front = 4"
Rear = 4.6"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it you in the past who had said that the springs on the front and rear of the MT2 were the same length? I ordered new springs based on that data, and when I took the old ones off, they were clearly longer on the back than the front, which I had a hunch about before I ordered new ones. In the end it worked out fine for what I had in mind, I just used rear hards on the front and rear super hards on the rear, but if we're going to be giving product advice to one another, we should be as careful as possible when we give someone details on an item or recommend it as compatible with their truck.

well i measured my shocks and i got the same measurment
Old 09-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Hpi_mt2

Front = 3.75"
Rear = 4"

Front = 4"
Rear = 4.6"

i got the same measurements on my mt2
Old 09-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Hpi_mt2

oops i accidently pressed it twice sorry guys
Old 09-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Hpi_mt2

and oh yeh the sports shocks are optional the stock ones are smaller
Old 09-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Hpi_mt2

maybe im wrong well sorry guys i feel stupid right now.[sm=tired.gif][sm=frown.gif][sm=confused.gif]
Old 09-07-2004, 11:43 PM
shawalka

Hey do your rear wheels seem to have a good amount of toe-in and camber? I have the Masher 2K's all mounted up, and maybe I just didn't notice before, but it seems that the rear wheels definately look like / \ from the back, as well as top down. (Camber and Toe-In). I thought only the fronts were to be set up like this? Anyone that can shed some light on the situation please chime in. I also put the purple springs on front and rear, but don't see how that could affect it, especially because the toe-in isn't adjustable, and I have the turnbuckles at the stock locations. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:06 AM
Tex_MT2

ORIGINAL: shawalka

Hey do your rear wheels seem to have a good amount of toe-in and camber? I have the Masher 2K's all mounted up, and maybe I just didn't notice before, but it seems that the rear wheels definately look like / \ from the back, as well as top down.
Totally normal, mine's the same.

Keep in mind also that the car comes with two sets of rear knuckles - one is 1 degree (I'm not sure of what though, whether it's camber or toe, they don't specify), and the other is 2 degree. Have a look at the spare set that should have come with your car. They will have either L1 and R1, or L2 and R2 stamped on them. If the spares are L1 and R1, chuck them on and see what changes, as that means you have the 2 degree knuckles fitted to the car... :shrug:
Old 09-08-2004, 06:15 AM
dping28

Yea those are too short, I guess I will just have to wait for the HPI ones cause I cant find any that even come close to the stock rear length for the mt2. I read a thread somewhere that someone used ofna shocks and they were a tad longer but i cant find which ones they may have been refering to.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:09 AM
shawalka

Thanks Tex. I'll give those other hubs a shot. I'll run it both ways to see which handles better. Got one class at college today then its off to the park to do some bashing!
(Hopefully the LHS will have my engine in...they seem like a good bunch of people but it takes them forever to order parts...I'm actually going to be looking for a new shop to deal with, I just have to finish off some store credit that I have at this shop)
Old 09-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Hpi_mt2

what hopups are you guys gonne get next im thinking of getting new aluminum a arms and c hubs and rear knuckles
Old 09-08-2004, 06:02 PM
shawalka

Hey all good bashing day today. Did my first backflip I ran into some problems with the motor though, maybe someone here can help.
I got it started OK as usual, ran for a while and it just randomly would die. The fuel was not empty, it would die at random levels from 1/2 tank down.
I just put in a new fuel tank, and all the tubing looks fine. The exhaust header seems to be leaking though, after that run in with a stop sign a few days ago (it came loose with that impact, I just tightened it back down). Perhpas its running too rich/lean? I had it set to factory settings (3 turns out), and it was really sluggish at low rpms, so I leaned it out a bit. I'm not really too sure where the 'sweet spot' for the HSN is, so I'm really just guessing. It runs pretty strong with good low end response and top end. There is smoke coming at full throttle. After the motor either dies or runs out of gas, it won't start until it has cooled down for a few minutes. When it runs out of gas, should I be able to just fill it up and start it again? Motor has about 1/2 gallon through it (20% HPI fuel) Mods are listed below.
It has been mostly run on the street lately...the jump that I was hitting was just a wide board leaning against the fence in the front yard. It worked pretty well cause I could get good speed on the pavement, hit the jump, and land on the grass.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Bigup MT2

what hopups are you guys gonne get next im thinking of getting new aluminum a arms and c hubs and rear knuckles
Well here is the list of parts i am waiting for

HMT339 Aluminum Turnbuckles (6)
HMT403 Purple Front C Shaped Hubs MT-2
HMT404V2 Purple aluminum Rear Hub
TRM404P Purple Fuel Tube 3 Feet
HMT322 Aluminum Front Skid Plate - Bumper MT-2
Aluminum Hex Hubs

I've also just fitted

Frt UNIVERSAL DOGBONE 7x116mm X2 Chromed
Rear UNIVERSAL DOGBONE 7x118mm X2 Chromed
Frt & rear Carbon shock towers

Have got but am not fitting yet

HPI .18ss engine and Front Steering Knuckle (waiting for other bits to come from New Era.

Am only getting uprated parts which most people seem to think are the weak areas of the MT2 I myself have found the steering knuckles a weak area so will be replacing them with the alloy ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.