Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

RC Stores in MAlaysia???? heeeelppp plzzz

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

RC Stores in MAlaysia???? heeeelppp plzzz

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 05:55 AM
C 130

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Stores in MAlaysia???? heeeelppp plzzz

hello guys, hope you are all great.
well i just do not know if this is the right place to ask this question??!!! if not then would any one help me find the right place in this forum : )) thanx alot
well i was woundering does any one knows RC stores in Malaysia and specially Kuala Lumpur, i am in bad need to know, so plzzzzz help me

thanx alot and have an nice day : ))))
Old 10-06-2004, 06:20 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: RC Stores in MAlaysia???? heeeelppp plzzz

You'll probably get an answer from the local who is quite active on RCU. If at all possible, go to Singapore. I can highly recommend Singapore Hobby Supply. The people there are great. I also got some good prices at Rotor.com.

While I was in Singapore, I also went to Champion Hobby. The people there were rude and impatient. They did not want me to look around or compare prices. I had tried to get information about what they had via email before I went, but they told me to go to the store to see what they had. When I got there, they expected that I knew exactly what I wanted to buy the minute I walked in. I almost walked out even though there were things I wanted to buy. I just about yelled at the owner. I finally told him if he did not want my business that I would leave. That shut him up.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:55 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone looking for a Malaysian???? Hehehe ... Piper ... Champion Hobby is well known for its low prices, you cannot beat that, it is achieved by lowering customer service!!! Next time do what my friend did ... just tell them to hold their horses as you look, then start to order a lot and do it fast ... when the lady cannot keep up then tell her off!

Piper ... best bet is to buy from Singapore, accessories and engines are a lot cheaper there and so are planes unless you want to get VMARs and Black Horses. What are you looking for? I am off to Singapore to shop for RC next week so what do you think of Malaysian prices?

Local hobby shops are as follows:

www.hobbytech.com.my
www.hobbyworld.com.my
www.myrcstore.com (KL and Singapore)

Singapore ones are as follows:

www.championhobby.com
www.singahobby.com
www.jethobby.com.sg

Singapore Hobby and Jet Hobby are in the same building, there is another in the same building on the second floor, called Hobby Shack.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:38 AM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: tIANci
Piper ... Champion Hobby is well known for its low prices, you cannot beat that, it is achieved by lowering customer service!!! Next time do what my friend did ... just tell them to hold their horses as you look, then start to order a lot and do it fast ... when the lady cannot keep up then tell her off!
I actually had no problems with the women. It was the grumpy old man that was rude. And I did tell him off. After that he did not say another word to me. The problem I had with him is I was not looking for customer service. I was perfectly happy looking at things without asking them a question. He kept telling me to hurry because they did not have time to help them. I kept telling him I did not need their help, I just wanted to take time looking. It seems this bothered him.

Singapore Hobby and Jet Hobby are in the same building, there is another in the same building on the second floor, called Hobby Shack.
Yup. I went there twice. Aren't there actually 4 shops? What's the name of the one next to Singapore Hobby? I think they had some good deals on Magnum engines. From what I remember, Hobby Shack had good prices on Saito engines, but unfortunately by the time I got to them I had already bought so many kits, engines, servos, etc that I was starting to worry about luggage space, and more important, US Customs on the way home.

I decided I can't afford to travel to Singapore any more, it costs me way too much money :-)
Old 10-06-2004, 09:40 AM
C 130

thank you all guys for your help and hope i find my stuff there, .......
any shopping tips there ?????? should i bargain or what ??
thanx and have a nice day : ))))))
Old 10-06-2004, 03:02 PM
tIANci

Piper - the one beside Singapore Hobby is NTC, they stock GP and Magnums, their GP stuff are at an absurd price compared with the US. Something like the Shoestring racer sells for USD350 and the Ryan STA about USD470. Interesting prices huh?

C130 - don't bargain too much, these guys are for real ... Hobby Shack will give you about 15%-20% off the list price, NTC you can expect very little, Jet Hobby maybe another 15% - 20%, Singapore Hobby about the same also. Go and see the Green Model planes in Jet Hobby ... Green Model manufactures planes for Pacific Aero Model, try to buy the Edge 540, the thread here says its a great plane. The Laser 200 is suppose to be a great plane too. Go to Champion and get the accessories (switches and harnesses) they are so cheap. GWS stuff there are cheap too.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:10 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: tIANci

Piper - the one beside Singapore Hobby is NTC, they stock GP and Magnums, their GP stuff are at an absurd price compared with the US. Something like the Shoestring racer sells for USD350 and the Ryan STA about USD470. Interesting prices huh?
There was another place in Singapore that had high prices on GP products, web site is myrcstore.com. Figured it was kind of silly to look at them since I can buy them at home. There were only two things I regret not buying while I was there. First was some of the Hitec Electron 6 receivers. Rotor had them at a good price. I hadn't read about them yet, so I decided not to buy. Got home and realized I missed a good chance. Fortunately, I got two of them for a really good price on eBay. The other thing I should have bought is a Saito 4 stroke. However, I had bought too many engines in Shanghai. Had to draw the line somewhere.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:01 AM
Semi Retired Aviator

Don't know anything about Malaysia, but I can second the NTC recommendation in Singapore. They're at 150 South Bridge Road #B1-22B, Fook Hai Builidng Tel: 6534 1162

Jariah is nice to deal with, and very helpful. They kill Japanese prices, and a lot of the stuff is made in Japan????

Website if it's not mentioned elsewhere is www.myrcstore.com

They currently have a huge deal on Real Flight simulators, about S $400 and you can claim some VAT back at the airport.

I don't think you'll have any luck bargaining with them. Like a lot of Singapore stores nowadays, they're fixed price, but if you buy a lot, then have a go.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:35 AM
bemyself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey friend,
Is it not cheaper to buy all the rc stuff in U.S. rather than Singapore? I think U.S is a bit more cheaper if I'm not wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong. By the way, if you're in Singapore Hobby, talk to Jeffrey. Nice guy!
Happy shopping!!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:10 AM
piper_chuck

JapanFlyer: NTC said they would have dropped the price on the engines if I paid cash. I was looking at medium sized 4-strokes. Unfortunately, as I have mentioned, I had already gone over my budget for engines, so I didn't buy anything from him this trip. Thanks for linking myrcstore.com and NTC. I had not made the connection. Now I know my trip was complete, I hit all the stores I found online.

Bemyself: Some things are cheaper, some are about the same as in the US. It's important to know prices before going there. I actually had a spreadsheet listing most of the things I might want to buy so I could tell if the price in Singapore was the same or better than the US price. Jeffrey is the young guy, relatively speaking, right? If so, I agree, he's a really nice guy, but so was everone else at Singapore Hobby.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:25 AM
bemyself

Piper chuck,
Tell me something about the 7 Cap. Is it cheaper in the U.S or S'pore? And what is the appropriate price? It can't be wrong seeking advice from you.
Thanks alot
Old 10-08-2004, 05:33 AM
ukrconsul
My Feedback: (1)

People at Singapore Hobby and Rotor very nice and helpful.

Champion hobby – I don’t know why to go there – I was there once and have no plans to be there even one more time – probably, I have a problem with woman there – she was eating soup with noodles and bothering me with her help at the same time and this shop is just an old dirty Chinese-style shophouse.

I disagree with all above regarding prices, good deals and discounts in Singapore. For US products prices are much higher then in US even though they are all mostly made in China. All stores do not have their prices displayed on the products so it is very difficult to say something about discounts. Only Jet hobbies has prices attached.

You can barely save some money on some particular products. Prices for ARF are unbelievable. I can order big ¼ scale ARF from Canada (ground shipping) for 70 - 100 – 200 sing. Dollars less then I can buy here. As per Saito engines, they cheaper in Canada (without shipping).
The only good deals here are on Hitec, JR and Thunder Tiger at Rotor. They have all spare parts for the brands.

I am not sure about bargaining. I was never successful at LHS. It is hard to argue in the situation when you tell that ordering from overseas is cheaper then buying in the store and you have an answer – “go and order overseasâ€.

For South – East Asia, Singaporean prices are not bad compare to Malaysia, Philippines, even to Australia or Europe, but for North America – no way.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:08 AM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: bemyself

Piper chuck,
Tell me something about the 7 Cap. Is it cheaper in the U.S or S'pore? And what is the appropriate price? It can't be wrong seeking advice from you.
Thanks alot
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Unfortunately, I was not looking for new radio systems when I went to Singapore so I did not look at them.

It's easy to find the US prices, they are posted on the web sites such as Tower Hobbies. There may be cheaper places, but Tower usually has pretty good prices. The current price for a 7CAP with 4 S3151 servos and nicads is $320. If you order at least $150, Tower will give you a $20 discount. They are also offering a $20 gift certificate on the 7CAP. That means the final price will be $280.

For Singapore prices, I can't do an exact comparison. My Singapore Hobbies price list has the 7CAP, but it comes with S3003 servos instead of S3151 servos. This would be a big price difference. I also tried to compare my radio, the 6EXA, but mine came with S3004 servos and nicads. Singapore Hobbies has one with S3003 servos and no batteries. Note, my price list for Singapore Hobbies is from June. Email them so you can get their most recent price list.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:46 AM
tIANci

UK ... I think you are getting what we call SKIN TAX ... locals get better prices! Oh well ... from what I see in US/UK magazines, things are a lot cheaper in Singapore than in the US and UK. Champion Hobby will be Champion Hobby ... infamous for its service.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:37 PM
ukrconsul

Yep, tIANci, nice definition "SKIN TAX", but you flatter yourself, seeing the same boxes for two years at the same store does not prove your words - locals can't buy them too.

A am not talking about UK (by the way did you cut off VAT from the published prices?). Give me an example (US or Canada, price, website, plane, Engine, radio).
Old 10-11-2004, 12:47 AM
bemyself

Piper chuck,
By the way, thank you very much on the info on the 7 CAP
In the U.S, does the radio comes in complete package? Yes, I know there's the servos, batteries for both TX and RX and how about the charger?
Old 10-11-2004, 03:14 AM
Semi Retired Aviator

Piper Chuck, I`m in the process of buying a couple of RCV 60-SP`s and manged a better price from a place in the US than from the manufacturer in the UK!! US$25 cheaper each, and four blade 13 X 13props from the US for US$17 each as opposed to US$32 each from the UK.

So whilst I can`t comment on the US price versus Singapore, I can say that the US is significantly cheaper on these items.

Perhaps I should have given NTC a go on the engines and props. Maybe next time.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:29 AM
ukrconsul

In U.S&Canada radio comes with servos, battery, wall charger and switch.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:29 AM
blacksheep

I have now tried to order the Model Tech Dragon Lady from www.myrcstore.com twice. The first time they told me that they had sold out of their quota. This time they said that they just sold the last one. Sounds like the car dealer who had the color 280ZX that I wanted. After driving across town to buy it, they told me they just sold that one but they had others!

Are these people for real or are they just collecting email addresses and credit card numbers? Has anyone received an order from them?

Their price on the Dragon Lady was $120 compared to the $169 here in the US.

Blacksheep
Old 01-28-2005, 09:55 AM
tIANci

blacksheep - sorry to say that I have never seen a Dragon Lady in that place over the last 1 year, they get their stuff from S'pore so if its in S'pore then they have it. The shop is legit for sure. Very legit.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:43 AM
bemyself

I'll be in Singapore next month and I think I'll pay S'pore Hobby a visit. Is there a recommendation on a 0.6 size sportster? What will be the price? Should I also get a 0.6 engine there also. If so, which brand? and at what price do you think it's reasonable?
Thanks
Old 01-29-2005, 12:04 PM
tIANci

Singapore Hobby has a lot of stuff, also in the same building you have Jet Hobby (ground level), Hobby Shack (level 2 I think) and NTC (basement, just beside Singapore Hobby). Sing Hobby deals mainly in OS engines, Hobby Shack in Saitos and NTC will be Magnums and ST engines. If you want electric then go for Jet Hobby. You can get really great prices from Jet Hobby. Don' t bother to ask what plane to buy, when you are there you will want all!!!

Best bang for the buck 60 sized 2C engine is your TT61Pro, I think the ST is brilliant too but get the ST G90. TT61 can scream but the G90 is not a screamer but will throw a bigger prop. OS are great engines but you pay a premium. I have the TT61 and the ST G90 and can say both are very nice engines. The TT61 being more user friendly, the ST G90 needs some patience in tuning, once you get it she is so lovely.

I am not keen on Magnums ... not impressive in my opinion.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:02 PM
piper_chuck

Yes Blacksheep, they are for real. I personally visited them last summer. Bob at Apex Hobbies cannot afford to stock everything, neither can the shops in Singapore. Of all the shops in Singapore, my favorite is Singapore Hobby Supplies. They are great people. We're not too far apart, if you're thinking of ordering from them, give me a shout, I may want to add some stuff to the order and split the shipping. I had them ship a kit last fall, added very little to the shipping charge to have them throw some extra hardware in the box before they sealed it up. The package arrived in a little less than 2 weeks.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:55 PM
tIANci

Piper - you were in Malaysia?
Old 01-30-2005, 12:43 AM
piper_chuck

Singapore for a few days, Malaysia for a few more, and then off to Australia. Had absolutely no free time in Malaysia. It was a while ago, if I get to go back, I'm definitely going to have to let you know ahead of time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.