Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

ARF Ford Flivver

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

ARF Ford Flivver

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 10:38 PM
fast eddie b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARF Ford Flivver

Interested in any comments on the ARF Ford Flivver sold by Dymond Modelsports, Oshkosh, WI. Considering purchase of the 72" model. Thanks...
Old 08-16-2002, 03:28 PM
aibear
My Feedback: (5)

Default Dymond Modelsports

Eddie
I can't comment on the Fliver, but I can tell you that the Rearwin Speedster they market is absolutely top shelf!!!!! Without a doubt the nicest ARF I have purchased.

As with any ARF, I would check all glue joints for strength before I flew, but this company seems to be very concerned about their customers. I thought I was missing some socket head screws and they sent them out ASAP. I found them later - they had fallen on the floor.

I wish they had a larger selection to pick from as I would definitely buy another.

Hope this helps,
Aibear
Old 08-16-2002, 06:52 PM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ARF Ford Flivver

Do we have a URL avail for Dymond Modelsports, Oshkosh, WI. ?

Robby
Old 08-16-2002, 10:34 PM
fast eddie b

Default Re: Dymond Modelsports

Originally posted by aibear
Eddie
I can't comment on the Fliver, but I can tell you that the Rearwin Speedster they market is absolutely top shelf!!!!! Without a doubt the nicest ARF I have purchased.

As with any ARF, I would check all glue joints for strength before I flew, but this company seems to be very concerned about their customers. I thought I was missing some socket head screws and they sent them out ASAP. I found them later - they had fallen on the floor.

I wish they had a larger selection to pick from as I would definitely buy another.

Hope this helps,
Aibear
Old 08-16-2002, 10:37 PM
fast eddie b

Default Re: Dymond Modelsports

Originally posted by aibear
Eddie

Hope this helps,
Aibear
Old 08-16-2002, 11:25 PM
tinman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default flivver

i have a flivver and it flies great. it is very touchy on the elev. and i highly recommend using full size servos in wings....i stripped both servos that dymond provided me with the kit. i put a saito 56 in it upright and it is a very nice flyer. also place wheels to le off wing for the obvious reason (nose overs) -Tinman-
Old 04-07-2003, 09:19 PM
fheppenheimer
My Feedback: (11)

Default ARF Ford Flivver

Any new thoughts about the Dymond fliver, esp the 72" ? What about the wheel placement and wing servos? What engine?
Old 04-08-2003, 12:56 AM
gtisme

Default ARF Ford Flivver

I've had the 54" Flivver for over a year and a flying buddy has had the 72" almost as long. I fly the 54" model with a Magnum .52 four stroke, and my friend's 72" is powered by either an O.S. or Magnum 4/s. Either plane can be flown with smaller engines, but it's really scale-like to use the recommended size 4/s and fly at 1/4 to 1/3 throttle.

These planes are built really well, but you will probably need to add some triangle stock to the base of the fin to strengthen it because it will flip over on you when landing until you get used to it. (My wife nick named it the Ford Flipper!) The only bad habit this design has is that left rudder will cause a right roll and vice versa! (adverse yaw) This is because it has a low, flat-bottom wing with NO dihedral. The 72" model is not quite so bad as the 54" because the longer wing gives more roll dampening.

All in all these are really fun flying airplanes and always draw attention. I re-covered mine a while back with Monokote and also used Monokote for the "Ford" logo....it's pretty sharp!

Shiny side up!
Old 04-08-2003, 01:34 AM
lookinup

Default link

http://www.rc-dymond.com/
Old 05-15-2003, 06:10 AM
xv-townboy

Default ARF Ford Flivver

i have the 72in.wiyh a saito65.it fly's and look's great.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:00 AM
imsofaman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ARF Ford Flivver

Would a Saito 80 be too much for the 72" Fivver. I have one laying around and would like to purchase the 72" version. It looks real nice.

Dave
Old 05-15-2003, 01:11 PM
xv-townboy

Default saito80

actually a saito80 is what was originally in mine,before i bought
it from my friend.and it was perfect (lots of extra power).
Old 05-15-2003, 03:34 PM
imsofaman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ARF Ford Flivver

Thanks for the info.!!!!! I have to get one now!!!!! I was waiting to put it into a Cub. It is a Great Planes kit. That was going to be my winter project. I am still debating......the Flivver is looking good to me.

Dave