Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Looking for 6+" vintage wheels

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Looking for 6+" vintage wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 10:24 AM
TiGuy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 6+" vintage wheels

I'm in the process of putting together a BalsaUSA 1/4 scale Sopwith Pup. Just found out that Williams Bros went out of business and I need to find a source for 6 5/8 (or close to it) vintage wheels for it. Does anyone know of anyone who sells spoke or solid wheels?
Old 11-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Hurri

Default RE: Looking for 6+" vintage wheels

On my 1/4 pup . I found some plastic wheels on the old shopping cart , the one that folds up flat , old ladies use it to go shopping with . It is just about 7" diam which is the correct size . .
Old 11-08-2004, 09:11 PM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So now that WB is out of business it looks like we're back to cannibalizing shopping carts and baby buggies! Of course, I think there are still a couple of other sources but you can plan on opening your wallet a little wider than before.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:22 AM
TiGuy
My Feedback: (1)

That's what I was afraid of. Now I'm spying an abandoned set of training wheels from one of my kids bikes to put on a scale plane? YUK!
Old 11-09-2004, 10:10 AM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe if you scour the online hobby shops across the US (and Canada) you might still be able to locate a pair of WB wheels in the size you're after. I suppose the the next option are the spoked wheel KITS from Arizona Models -- you know how to silver solder right? Or if you happen to have an extra $200 or so laying around you could by a pair of spoked wheels from Proctor.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:23 PM
dls
My Feedback: (113)

Flair products makes some nice wheels for their WW1 kits including the 1/4 scale DR1, maybe Third Coast Hobbies can get them