Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HPI Dual brake install question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 09:32 AM
Loydy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Dual brake install question

Hiya,

Am in the process of upgrading my sav with an official HPI dual brake set, have followed the instructions to the T, am at the point where you fit the dual brake set onto the transmission using two screws that are provided. Do you need to tighten these screws all the way down or leave them with a slight amount of play?

The reason i ask is if I turn the flywheel, every few turns i can feel the brake disks rubbing against the brake shoes very slightly ! I removed the it all and placed it back onto the dogbone link as straight as I can, but even when the screws are completely tight it does feel as if it slightly rubs due to the disks wobbling slightly.... does that make sense, is that normal, does it just wear in??

Loydy
PS Have also posted this on hpiforums.com, soz if that annoys you!)
Old 12-30-2004, 08:40 PM
Naim.F.C

Default RE: HPI Dual brake install question

I have mine loose, so you can feel it wobbling about a little.
If it's too tight when you press the brakes even gently the truck will endo and something may break internaly.
I think you'll find if you leave them slightly loose your brakes will be perfect, sudden on demand, but gentle stoping when you need it.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:20 AM
Twobeers

Default RE: HPI Dual brake install question

I had to install mine with the screws a little loose. I have run about 20 tanks of fuel thru the little sucker since, no problems. Just remember to be quick on releasing the brakes when doing foward flips, if you are slow and flip at speed and land with the brakes still applied it doesn't take to long to shear some teeth out of the differental gears.