Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Tires

Old 02-05-2005, 07:05 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires

Hey y'all (I got it from the book I'm reading )

Anyone know how to keep the shine on my tires? I just got brand new Pro-Line Speed Hawgs for my Rusty. There ain't much dirt and no track around here so I drive it at the LHS (Local High School) and lots of asphalt so I got road tires. Anyway, after one run, the tires look worn down and dirty so I washed them and I was thinking of using tire foam on them. Is there a way to keep the shine or are they done after one run? Thanks for the advice.

IBrakeForNobody
Old 02-05-2005, 09:46 PM
SkrapIron

Default RE: Tires

Never worried about what the tires looked like.. I was always just happy to bring the truck home in 1 piece!
Old 02-05-2005, 09:52 PM
45mph pede
Banned

Armorall (at your local car parts store or wallmart) I do that for pictures, shines them up real nice!
-Wes
Old 02-05-2005, 11:13 PM
kh15

common thier tires man! thats the last thing i worry about on my car unless i have that a rc show car which is completly useless
Old 02-06-2005, 12:57 AM
IBrakeForNobody

Okay...so maybe I'm a neat freak...the last time I cleaned my bedroom (I'm a teenager) is 5 minutes ago . And unlike most teens, I can see the FLOOR!!! All of it. (exept the parts covered by furniture)
Old 02-06-2005, 02:34 AM
thunderw0lf

ORIGINAL: IBrakeForNobody

Okay...so maybe I'm a neat freak...the last time I cleaned my bedroom (I'm a teenager) is 5 minutes ago . And unlike most teens, I can see the FLOOR!!! All of it. (exept the parts covered by furniture)

Nothing wrong with being a neat freak. But try not to worry about keeping it shiny too much or you may end up cleaning it more than running it.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:37 AM
SublimeJason
Banned

I have Never cleaned my RC tires But I use No Touch tire care on my real cars, If you use it on RC tires I would sray it on foam or a Rag a wipe it on, So you don't get it on the treads. It last pretty good on full size Anyhow.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:01 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

I wouldnt worry about the tires, unless thier as bad as mine...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13216.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	225571  
Old 02-06-2005, 10:53 AM
SkrapIron

Those tires are beautiful, Jak! Dirty means used! Used means you had fun! What better way to show off the tires!!!!
Old 02-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Zedicus

<= uses the cheap method....

Scrub brush, warms water & soap.

Seriously though, if you clean them about once a week or every other week they last a little loger & dont end up cracking or anything.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:58 PM
IBrakeForNobody

I vaccumed my truck! the battery compartment was full of grass. And, I take very good care of my things (hence the thread). I still have a TOMY Push-n-go train from when I was like 3 years old...and it is still in mint condition! . Anyhoo, thanks for the help. Any other still appriciated.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:45 AM
aliens8mycow

If you check your local auto parts store, they should have some stuff for tires call Wesley's Bleach White. It's a tire cleaner, and won't turn your tires white - it does make white letters or white-walls look bright, though. It works great for cleaning rubber, and doesn't make it slick or dry it out.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Infinite Gundam

Brush the dirt off the tires with a huge paintbrush, or wash if you have mud sticking onto them, then run the tires over some used newspapers, and the tires will appear new though not shiny. That's my after-run routine.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:33 PM
dirttrackracer75

Something you might try is to treat your tires before you play, and then clean them after. Spray them with WD-40 and let them sit for about 20 min. then wipe off the tires with a paper towel. This will make then softer, helping them stick to the asphalt better. Then when you are ready to clean them use a little scrub brush and some Simple Green. (found at most stores in the cleaning isles) Just give them a good scrub and rinse with water and dry with a paper towel.
We run on dirt and wash our tires after every race using this method and the tires look like they are brand new. But it wont keep the tire from wearing out lol. Let me know if this helps any.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:11 PM
lilcurtis
My Feedback: (4)

as 45mph said, armorall is the best thing there is to make your tires shine. i use it on my real car and it keeps them looking new for months.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:04 PM
IBrakeForNobody

ORIGINAL: dirttrackracer75

We run on dirt and wash our tires after every race using this method and the tires look like they are brand new. But it wont keep the tire from wearing out lol. Let me know if this helps any.
Does that mean they wear faster?