Notices
Composites Fabrication And Repair Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Fiberglass and all the newest high tech composites

How To - Plug In Wings

Old 03-16-2005, 01:01 AM
N2EC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How To - Plug In Wings

Mike, I am surprised..whats going on...

Jack
Old 03-16-2005, 01:04 AM
Mike James

As I said, I would like to see ANY photo of the building process of this plug. Don't you have one? (prior to the addition of the cheek cowls)
Old 03-16-2005, 01:23 AM
N2EC
Banned

Mike as I said in post #20..I did not document the process..ie did not take photos of the plugs being made...anyways..I dont know who this AK is and what is your conceren about me putting up photos of my molds on the RCU...do the RCU Forum Rules require me to seek your consent prior to posting anything on the Forum or do they require me to post photos as per your INSTRUCTIONS!!. They dont require either.

The Community Moderator to please put in a word. What is the meaning of these snickers "So, you built this, eh, "Jack" from Bangkok?" ARe you trying to question my identity ? Or are you trying to imply that I have copied your design..

I want this to end with this very post.

Jack

Old 03-16-2005, 01:24 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Any moderator who reads this, please contact me directly before you edit anything in this thread. If there is any question, have Marc contact me directly, we are friends and I will work this particular thread out with him.

Thanks,

Sean Reitmeyer
Old 03-16-2005, 01:32 AM
Mike James

Here are some photos of my design, started several years ago, and stolen last year. I will publish the story on my site if this persists.

In the meantime, you be the judge...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77635.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	244590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82369.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	244591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82637.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	244592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz73482.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	244593  
Old 03-16-2005, 01:33 AM
Mike James

And some more...

Name:	Nl28912.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	244594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80528.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	244595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ek15188.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	244596  
Old 03-16-2005, 01:45 AM
Mike James

Here's a photo of the two plugs that were stolen. In Kolkata, India, by the way.

"Jack", I noticed you can be emailed at indiatimes.com That's pretty far from Bangkok.

Name:	Ki19067.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	311.7 KB
ID:	244598  
Old 03-16-2005, 01:46 AM
N2EC
Banned

Mike, you are casting allegations which are baseless...you may wish to publish whatever story you may please...its seems you are tring to misuse your dominant position and popularity on the forum...if you do have a problem with "AK" settle it with him directly...

OH..and from next time I should keep photos of every piece that I join while making the plugs..cause MR MIKE JAMES will question it..
Old 03-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Mike James

Here is another photo of ME building this plug, from article on fiberglassing techniques, at http://homepage.mac.com/mikejames/ne...rglassing.html

You'll notice the similar (and outdated, by today's standards) vertical fin, the also-unusual cowl plug, and finally, the slight upward curve of the nose, just before it meets the canopy section. Notice the wing tube location, as well as the canopy's unusual length, along with the other distinctive details.

Name:	Qo39113.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	244607  
Old 03-16-2005, 02:06 AM
N2EC
Banned

Mike, this issue of yours is unnecessarrily being dragged on here..i am repeating that if you have a problem with AK settle with him directly..why are you dragging me into it...I dont know who this AK is...anyways...why dont we correspond by PM or email outside the forum...
Old 03-16-2005, 02:23 AM
Mike James

Simple...

Name:	Pn36928.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	244609  
Old 03-16-2005, 02:42 AM
N2EC
Banned

Why dont you post the Copyright Laws as applicable for composites..and we can measure the dimensions...to get all issues to rest..it is just coincidental that the models are similar..however do let me satisfy you that I did look up your website and many others way back, prior to you removing the two airplanes, while I was building the plug.

I do not want to comment on this issue anymore ...I would suggest that you check with this "AK" about the plugs which you allege were stollen...maybe he can throw some light.

I would be happy to correspond with you on the email or PM if you so desire.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:26 AM
Mike James

I have not accused you of anything, although I've certainly shown some powerful evidence, whereas you have shown none. I also have not "attacked" anyone else on these forums. On the contrary, I'm quite supportive, and value the experience.

But, the evidence here speaks for itself. (and I don't mean just in the particular thread... but in your other threads, both here and on RC Groups) ...And, Photos don't lie. When you put 500 or more hours in a plug, you won't have any problem identifying it later, regardless of something like the added-on cheek cowls. (which are a feature designed for large 4-strokes, and have nothing to do with a model this size, by the way) There are only two choices here. You are either AK, or you have somehow obtained my stolen property from him. But... You said YOU built the plugs. So, let's compare notes, shall we?

You say you're from Bangkok, but have an email address in India. You started posting both here and on RC Groups just after AK stopped. You have the same interests as AK, including the Cessna project, and you also spell it wrong "Cesna", exactly as AK did. Your recent question about the Eppler 168 airfoil is the airfoil I chose for this plane, as documented on my site. You have a propensity for using semi-"legal" language, and also spell many of those words wrong, in precisely same way as AK. although you say you're a different person from a different country.

You have no data on the plane, and not a single shred of evidence, (drawings, photos, specs., or whatever) that you built it. No one today builds cowlings the way I built that one, and the canopy length is also unusual today. The tiny slope of the nose, just before it intersects the canopy is a personal touch of mine, that you couldn't have copied from photos, as is the wing tube position. You say you have plans to build a 1/6th scale "Cesna". I gave AK my Top Flite C-182 kit as a thank you, and he later told me that he intended to copy (steal) it and make molds. You have also refused to post photos of your plug-making process on that project too. ...Hmmm. AK lied to me and said he was familiar with vacuum bagging. You are investigating vacuum bagging here, as he was. AK was looking for a cheap way to cut foam, and you referenced exactly the same site that he was investigating. (Foamlinx)

No one builds small pattern planes today with plug-in stabs. I notice that you failed to put markings on the vertical tail where they should be... Coincidental with the fact that I blocked these off and sanded them smooth, in preparation for raising them, just before my trip to India. You asked a question about a substitute for the MK elevator bellcrank, which was one of the items stolen from me in India, and intended for both pattern planes.

You couldn't have copied my design that accurately from the photos on my site alone, and there's no reason today to have copied the particular design features of that plane, since they are outdated. (i.e., the vertical fin shape, and moment arms.) I notice you left the top block on the vertical fin, which I added as a rudder fairing, just before going to India.

But you expect us to believe that these are all just mere coincidences, and you are a designer of plugs and molds who has no data or drawings or photos of anything you do. Well, I simply don't believe that this many coincidences are possible.

If anyone wants to follow along, here's the AK profile from RCU, at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...sp?memid=80639 and here's the current "Jack" profile on RCU, at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...p?memid=134493

Previous AK profile on RC Groups is at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?userid=35301 and the current "Jack" profile on RC Groups is at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=45478 It's a little erie...
Old 03-16-2005, 03:43 AM
N2EC
Banned

Mike I am not interested in proving anything to anybody when I dont have to. Also, time and again you a referring to this person AK of whom I have no knowledge of. If you think that there has been copyright infringment please state the laws of copyright, as applicable, and then we can compare notes.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:47 AM
Mike James

If it's your design, why would we have to discuss copyright law?

You can't prove it's yours (or the "Cesna" ) for the simple reason that you didn't build it. Prove me wrong.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:57 AM
N2EC
Banned

Fine...since you are pressing...I shall.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:57 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: N2EC

cause MR MIKE JAMES will question it..

So will I big Fella. Seems to me you pulled something over on Mike here, and while you may have been able to pull something over on him, I guarantee you that with someone like me involved who has deep enough pockets to defend, pursue, and address issues, you might want to lay off flaunting the man's work in front of him like this. It's starting to get me emotionally involved.

Sean Reitmeyer, (ya, that's my real name, my phone number is 512.656.2357. This Texas boy doesn't hide from nothing)

Old 03-16-2005, 11:14 AM
heli001
My Feedback: (5)

Sean and others that are reading this thread,

It is very obvious to me that N2EC is Avdesh Khaitan (AK) from Kolkata, India, if it is not, this person has acquired the plugs from him and they are stolen property. In either scenerio, the plugs are the design and property of Mike James, and were confiscated by "AK", when Mike was in India. It would be virtually impossible to produce the plugs he has by coincidence. The fact that N2EC produced the plugs is an oughtright lie, so if it isn't AK, he is just as guilty for lieing about where they came from.

He also has better than six thousand dollars of my money, paid to him for models that were never produced. I have tried on numerous occasions to contact him and even talked to his father, by the way, another lawyer. His dad told me to contact AK directly, and when I told him that I had tried for months, to no avail, he said that he was in no way responsible for his sons actions.

The following quote from N2EC is almost verbatum, what AK's father told me:
I do not want to comment on this issue anymore ...I would suggest that you check with this "AK" about the plugs which you allege were stollen...maybe he can throw some light.
Must be the standard legal statment from Indian lawyers. These people are slicker that STP, and seem to change their names whenever trouble arises. This must be the typical way of doing business in India, as they seem to see who can out-screw the other regularly.

Mike is right, the way this guy talks, spelling, use of legal terms (AK is a lawyer), and the questions he ask are very parallel to AK's manorisms. I reference this thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_19...tm.htm#2100935 where user CZM was busted for being AK. It will surprise me if N2EC responds the this thread. Mike has painstakingly provided proof of his "ownership" of the plugs in question, I challenge N2EC to provide anything other than defensive statments about the molds. Can not believe he made molds and did not document the process, is there a hint of something smelling "fishey" here?

BTW N2EC aka AK, when can I expect payment from you on the money you owe me?

"The above statments are mine and I am not speaking from a CM's position. I know these to be the facts, as I was and have been involved with this from the beginning."
Old 03-16-2005, 11:29 AM
davidfee

The real kicker is we all helped the guy... this time as well as with his other screen name(s).

Sorry, Mike. You deserve better.

-David
Old 03-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Coligny

No doubt about it.

He tried to take my cnc foam cutter as well.
If only he listened and posted back the stolen goods, but he shot himself in the foot, and he is still foolhardy.

Mike, like your sportsjet, just keep going!

Regards

Coligny
Old 03-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Mike James

Thanks, Coligny!

Glad to see we're all surviving these guys.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:27 AM
Newflee

Anything further on this?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:25 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

N2EC has not posted under that name since that day. Who knows what name he may be lurking under by now. Gotta feel bad for Mike though, he's had a lot of bad breaks for all of his hard work. []
Old 09-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Apivat J

Well, I heard Mike went back to his music. I guess he won't be coming back. For that N2EC or AK character, if he's really in Bangkok, I can go find him and kick his butt for all of you!! This guy puts shame on the Thais.....and by the way, his English is way too good for an average Thai.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:38 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is from Mike's post of 9/4/05
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_19...tm.htm#3327264

I'm completely out of the fabrication business, but am now taking the time to produce some tutorial CD's. More info, including all the previous content on my site, can be found at http://homepage.mac.com/mikejames/ne...dbuilding.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.