Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

WM Groovy 50 3D

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

WM Groovy 50 3D

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 05:32 PM
drumbum
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WM Groovy 50 3D

I am still on my quest to find a 3D plane for my O.S. 91 4 stroke..

So has anynone the groovy.. Its supposed to be F3A/3D plane If so any comments??
Old 01-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Backwing
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: WM Groovy 50 3D

I've been watching to see if anyone has posted any info, because I'm interested myself.
I guess it's still fairly new, but from what I've heard and experienced with World Models I think I'll order one anyways.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:14 AM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

I received mine last week. Nice looking model. I was hoping to use a Saito .91, but might opt for the .72 Saito. I don't think I can change the servo locations (they need to be in the tail, for the 91 to balance)... Nice wing area numbers, should be fun 3D flyer.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Fletch124
My Feedback: (7)

I have a WM T-34 and its a very nice airplane. At our club we do T-34 pylon racing and well everyone has the WM version and i don't think anyone has anything bad to say about WM.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:19 PM
no1speshal

Hello All,
I have the Groovy 50 F3A 3D airplane and I can say that it is definitely worth the money. The only thing that has gone wrong is the gear. Although they look nice, they are built on glass waiting to break. It is a light airplane and handles like it is being pulled by a string. I have to rebuild mine because of the gear problems unfortunately though I do not mind because it such a pleasing airplane. It is easy to track in the sky and very easy to fly. It reminds me of a trainer when it comes to landing because it just floats forever. I also added spoilerons and flaperons and they make a huge difference! If any of you all get one, before you put it all together, just look at the way it is put together first. It is beautiful! For 139.00, it is a hard one to beat! Good luck and have fun.

Red
Old 03-20-2005, 06:43 PM
drumbum

thanks for the info
Old 03-31-2005, 06:56 PM
girth67

have just finished the groovy 50 3d.Kit quality is very good, covering finish is good but could be a little better. I put a west 50 t1 in it so i'll keep you updated about performance. some how the c of g is way back and i've had to add lead to the front, pushed the engine forward and placed the battery pack to its forward position, and the c of g is still about a quarter inch behind recommended, this might be because I have epoxied the tail as i never trust cyano.
another piece of advice.Take the provided pilot and burn him, or people will laugh at you! he looks like a cross between mr bean and freddy mercury. I bought one of the slimline pilots, cut him just below the shoulder and he fits perfectly.
altogether for £109 a great kit. now to fly it!
Old 04-02-2005, 05:39 PM
no1speshal

You will like how she flies girth67. Mine flies along like it is being pulled by a string. Before you get too used to things though, you may want to reinforce the gear attach point. It is a little weak. Aside from that, mine tracks straight, stalls perfectly straight, tail snaps like I am killing it and pulls out of everything like it is nothing. I have not done much 3D with it yet, but I will get to that point soon. Have fun with yours. You are right, for the price, you just can't beat it.

Red
Old 05-01-2005, 11:57 PM
red_z06
My Feedback: (11)

Do reinforce the gear area. I tested mine with 5"+ cg position and landed not hard but not feather where most gears would not budge but this one folded simply because of the angle ( if it was straight down, it would have survived).

The covering job is less and par but cowl is superbly painted.

BTW, it is an electric conversion with Axi 4120/18 brushless motor. When my proper battery comes back from FMA, I'll do more testing with proper cg.