Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

XCELL GASSER TWITCHY TAIL

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

XCELL GASSER TWITCHY TAIL

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 09:27 PM
hacksaw42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XCELL GASSER TWITCHY TAIL

I have been flying my new Xcell gasser for the last two Saturdays.I have a problem with a twitchy tail and can't figure what the problem could be.I have a GY401 Gyro(with a 9254) and running a JR radio.I have the gyro on the plate that was made for it on the Heli.It is just not a smooth running of the tail rotor as should be.A fellow flyer says it is from the engine not being broke in and it is from the engine fluxuating.Any help would be great.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:46 PM
bdphil
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XCELL GASSER TWITCHY TAIL

There's a good chance it's a motor tuning issue. You want to make sure you're not lean during break-in (or ever for that matter), but you don't want to be excessively rich. You will notice a small amount of tail movement from even a perfectly tuned gasser, but it should never be more than just noticeable. Just make sure the engine is broke in properly and then start tuning it til the tail is as good as you can get it.

If the tail twitching seems more like an interference issue, make sure you go over the ignition system to eliminate that possiblity. I had a problem with a loose spark plug cap giving me glitches before.

Ben

Old 05-22-2005, 08:12 AM
tail heavy-inactive
My Feedback: (36)

lean out your low end needle
Old 05-24-2005, 03:58 AM
paulsen
My Feedback: (2)

If your gyro sensitivity Is to high the tail boom will hunt causing twitching.

Ike