Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

What do you think of these NTC3's?

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

What do you think of these NTC3's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 12:26 AM
snowboardgeek1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of these NTC3's?

What do you guys think of these cars on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...979133918&rd=1

First one has a novarossi .12 motor, the second a .15 OS motor. Both cars look to be in great shape. Opinions greatly appreciated. I would like to purchase a TC3 this week. I will either get these cars, or just a new TC3 plus.

Thanks.

Eric
Old 06-02-2005, 07:38 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What do you think of these NTC3's?

They both look nice, but be aware that there is no guarantee that the engines in either of them actually run. They could easily have internal damage which alters them from a powerhouse into a nice paperweight.

Out of the two i would choose the first NTC3 with the Novarossi engine.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:34 AM
snowboardgeek1

Thanks for the reply. I should have stated, I'm looking for a tc3 that's easy to tune, has more HP than the regular tc3 plus, and can spank it on a drag race.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:53 AM
snowbl!nd

The Novarossi powered MTC3 (if it works) is what you are looking for then. The engine looks to be a rear-exhaust, and most Novarossi rear-exhaust .12 engines currently in production are putting out about 1.5 Hp. Even the side-exhaust engines are putting out +1 Hp (i've got one).
Either way, they are easy to tune and very reliable. If it works it will supply more than enough power.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:18 AM
snowboardgeek1

Hey thanks bro.

So the novarossi will put out more power than the tc3 plus, and will beat it in a drag race? The engine does look like a rear exhaust engine. I dont know what model it is though, but according to the guy, he bought everything new about 3 months ago. I wonder what model of engine that is.

Anyhow, looks like I'll be getting this TC3 then. According to the guy, he said its complete, I just have to install the servo's but I have a feeling there's going to be some stuff missing. But for the price I'm getting it for, it should be ok. The bumpstarter looks weird too.

Eric

ORIGINAL: snowbl!nd

The Novarossi powered MTC3 (if it works) is what you are looking for then. The engine looks to be a rear-exhaust, and most Novarossi rear-exhaust .12 engines currently in production are putting out about 1.5 Hp. Even the side-exhaust engines are putting out +1 Hp (i've got one).
Either way, they are easy to tune and very reliable. If it works it will supply more than enough power.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:32 AM
snowboardgeek1

Well, I went ahead and bought the novarossi. Bought it for 300 shipped Hopefully its as good as it looks on paper.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:56 AM
snowbl!nd

The NTC3 + uses a .15 side exhaust engine. While this is of a larger capacity than a .12 it only supplies just over .6 Hp. The engine is manufactured by Thunder Tiger, so it is a good engine, but it just doesnt have the power and peak revs of the Novarossi. As long as the engine runs, it should have no trouble in smoking an NTC3 + with the stock engine, and could also have a go at most other engines. Novarossi is one of, if not the best manufacturer of all race engines availible today.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:21 AM
spazzyfry123

ORIGINAL: snowboardgeek1

Well, I went ahead and bought the novarossi. Bought it for 300 shipped Hopefully its as good as it looks on paper.
I'm confused. Did you buy the first car you provided a link for for $300?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:14 AM
yoclick

He probs made a deal with the ebayer so then used the BUY IT NOW so he had ebay's help incase the transaction went wrong.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:59 AM
snowboardgeek1

Correct. We agreed over the phone for 300, and also thru emails and IM's. I have copies of the emails and IMs as well, so I think I'm pretty safe there. The guy agreed on 300 shipped for EVERYTHING that's listed on the auction, plus a guarantee, that it will start when I get it, or my money back.

The engine, I just found out, is really a novarossi, but is also sold as a Mugen MT12. I've heard good things about these motors, and that they're strong in the low and top end. I just hope to beat some of my friends that have TC3 plus' with the stock .15 engine.

Anyhow, let me know what you guys think. I'll be getting it next week.

-Eric

ORIGINAL: yoclick

He probs made a deal with the ebayer so then used the BUY IT NOW so he had ebay's help incase the transaction went wrong.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:04 PM
bleek600

Yeah MT's are great motors.... It will easily beat the RTR car..... Plus being a .12 it is race legal...So if you plan to race, you already have a motor thats legal..... (.15's are not legal, although some clubs may allow it if you are a novice racer...)
Old 06-02-2005, 08:24 PM
snowboardgeek1

Oh I'm definitely a novice racer, but I just wanted to be able to beat my friends TC3 plus and I have another friend with a tc3 that has an OS 12CV motor, which I thought was really weak.

Thanks for the reply.

ORIGINAL: bleek600

Yeah MT's are great motors.... It will easily beat the RTR car..... Plus being a .12 it is race legal...So if you plan to race, you already have a motor thats legal..... (.15's are not legal, although some clubs may allow it if you are a novice racer...)
Old 06-05-2005, 05:16 PM
R/c Guy

get the secongd one just my opinion first in nice but second better. But all the extras for the first I don't know which one I like better. Make sure the engines are runnin and no other problems before you buy it. And ask why the ebayer is selling it good info to weather it is brocken or not.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:18 PM
snowboardgeek1

I already bought the first one. Should be here this week.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:38 PM
monitroplease

How does the sirio .12 compare to the navorrossi in power?
Old 06-07-2005, 06:07 PM
bleek600

Yeah the OS cv.12 is a little weak... actually the CV.15 is too really... Thats what I had when I bought my first NTC3.. Spare motor for my nitro MT. Then I bought a used CV-R.12 from one of the locals racers and it blew the sleeve out of the .15CV.. Don't underestimate the CV-R.12... I still have it as a second back up motor.. Behind my TR...
Old 06-07-2005, 08:20 PM
bleek600

It depends on what Siro you are looking at.. I have a TRP.12. Which is the original .12 they came out with.. It is spec'd at 1.4 HP and the MT12 is spec'd at like 1.15 HP. The new Evo 2 Siro is around 1.6 HP I believe... I do believe that the MT12 has a little more torque than the siro.. So it might get out of corners a touch faster.. (With identical gearing) But I know that the Siro can unleash serious top end... At the expense is engine life though.. Even Siro's website says that piston/sleeve life can be from 30 minutes to 1/2 season... My OS TR is running for its second season and my CV-R back up motor is starting # 3 this year and it runs great... Seems to keep up with the MT's on the straightaways... I run a rotary carb on the CVR to get better punch.. Slide carbs on my other two motors though...
Old 06-10-2005, 01:11 AM
jandb917

i have a ofna force .12 pro BB with a booste bottle onit and it runs alsome i think it only has about 1.1 hp or somethinglike that it runs great i never have to tune it and it starts right up every time. but its a side exhaust so i suffer a bit on toip end but im getting the novirossi soon its gonna be .12 but dont know which one yet and ill keep my ofna for a back up