Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Sig kadet senior arf

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Sig kadet senior arf

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 10:20 PM
snappinjim
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig kadet senior arf

Thinking of using a OS 52 four stroke on a new sig kadet senior arf. Anybody using it on this aircraft? Anybody think it wont do the JOB???? Thanks
Old 06-09-2005, 08:58 AM
dls
My Feedback: (113)

Default RE: Sig kadet senior arf

It will fly it but bigger would be better, I`ve got a Saito 65 in mine & it`s perfect, my old kit built Senior is much lighter & flies fine with a Saito 45, dls
Old 06-09-2005, 02:46 PM
drrgill

Have not flown mine yet ( Pictures soon) after reading the amount of weight people were putting up front I went with an OS 70 inverted and a Dubro Vibration engine mount. Also used Wagstaff 1/4 scale wheel pants and 4 in Tires. Not completly done but looks to balance right on. Hate to add dead weight. Lots of great info here I have taken these ideas from many on this Thread and others. Had it out to the field this AM to run the engine all went well. Looks like 11x8 prop will do the trick was running a 12x6 and the old timers said I needed to go bigger with the 70. Back to the question asked if you use the 52 you will need to add some kind of weight some way!!

Thanks Again for all the great Ideas to convert this Sig Senior Kadet to a Tail dragger.

One last thing I have never posted Photos on this site is there a link that has instructions??

Thanks Mickey for all your ideas. Here are some photos of my completed Kadet Senior Tail Dragger: Since most people were adding nose weight I added usefull weight up front. OS 70 FS Dubro antivibration Motor Mount also used 4" tires and Patty Wagstaff 1/4 scale Wheel pants.

My first try at uploading photos so here goes!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88872.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	282738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45591.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	282739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40372.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	282740  
Old 06-09-2005, 08:08 PM
clolson
My Feedback: (7)

I have a Magnum 61 FS on my Kadet Senior ARF and I can do really nice, scale-like take offs at 1/3 - 1/2 throttle. At full throttle she jumps off the ground with a very short take off roll. If you like to punch holes all over the sky, you might want something bigger than a 52FS, but if you want to do some nice relaxing flying, I think the 52 would work just great.

Regards,

Curt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36972.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	282845  
Old 06-09-2005, 10:01 PM
AQ500

We were flying one last year with an old ST 40 engine at 4200 feet. It got the job done, so I would imagine a 52 fs would do it. The plane was a bit sluggish, but had enough power to fly. We called it the "Red Zepplin" because of the way it flew. I have also seen the kit fly with the old OS 48 fs.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:41 AM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

i have a magnum 61 on mine, works fine, a little sluggish though, i wish i would have put the magnum 91 on it, THIS PLANE CAN HANDLE IT ! anyoneone wanna do some trading? i have ran about 3/4 gallon thru my new mag 61, runs great, smooth idle to W.O.T. just wanna engine that pulls this plane with authurity !
Old 06-11-2005, 08:27 PM
up

I had a Senior ARF with an OS .52FS. It flew it ok but that was about it. If you are new and still learning it would work out fine.