Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Gone to crap

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 12:25 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gone to crap

Man the forums have gone to crap here lately, outside of the electric forum all I see is arguements or people posting BS. And in the electric forums it looks like all of people that know a comm from a hole in the ground are starting to leave, doesnt surprise me though.

Anyways, dont be suprised if I dissapear as well [].

On a side note, does anyone have any experiance with the Tamiya Gravelhound? Its thier highest priced Ep buggy and its still pretty cheap (like $110). Im thinking about getting one for a project car. If I dont get it I might see about getitng a used X-factor2 rollling chassis if I can find a good deal on one.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:30 AM
×SlappY×

Default RE: Gone to crap

yea its true, theres not enough noobs coming in to ask there questions and alot of people are gone on vacation.

PS: dont leave u got awesome guitars!.................going to Steves tomorow.
www.stevesmusic.com
Old 07-07-2005, 08:25 AM
ThaMatrixHazU

ya know ... the Rising Storm is the 'new gravelhound' ... it's pretty darn sassy. I looked into getting one of the Storm's, but for what I wanted to do to it, a rep at Tamiya laughed at me over the phone. I wanted to put 5800 brushless in it, and all that good jazz, but the rep told me they just aren't build for that kind of power ... so I bought an Academy SB racing buggy.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:24 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

DONT LEAVE DUDE! if your gone than i might as well leave, because im sick of newbs comin in here and people with nikkos comin in hear and getting mad because nobody knows how to help this guys wal mart car

Its getting ridiculous, im starting to see what everyones talking about how the threads are getting usless, and there is less people that know what they are doing, anyone know where saewot went to, we need skrap and some of the other people to come back and kick off all these useless posts
Old 07-07-2005, 02:43 PM
StOcKerRaCer

I find myself not coming to rcu hardly any anymore
Old 07-07-2005, 02:45 PM
cooleocool

Ya, wheres saewot? Normally he's on here every second of the day almost but he hasnt posted in like forever. There is alot of BS going around. Its gettin pretty bad.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:54 PM
jimbobmarley

ya. pretty much everyone has left and now when i get on in the mornin there isn't even a full page of new replies just a few......

but it ent just rcu it is every forum that is going dead - i think it is because everyone doesn't have time or are starting projects for the summer so they ent braking / needing new stuff
Old 07-07-2005, 03:02 PM
StOcKerRaCer

I think saewot is on vacation he hasn't been on rcu aim or mmf in a while
Old 07-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Nitroaddict

I see these comments pop up every summer and every new year time and time again. Let me clarify to you why.

1. Summer is when all the little kids are off from school, but mom isn't. This leads to bordom so they begin posting useless comments on all the forums around the web. This is also when all the pro's of the hobby are out enjoying the great weather and actually using their RCs rather than typing about them. Hence, an increase in novice posting and a decrease in pro posting.
2. Just after Christmas, the same thing happens, all the youngsters that got toys for the holiday's start posting on how to do this and that. This is all very new to them, while the veterans are usually broke and don't post as much due to purchasing gifts for family members, or they are on vacation for the holidays and don't post.

The point is - that RCU, nor any of the other forums out there, have 'gone to crap' as it was so beautifully put. It's just the natural cycle of special interest forums on the web and it's the same as it is year in and year out.

Bottom line - don't whine, help out the new, and inexperienced members so that they eventually graduate to professional racers and hobbyists that we can eventually share ideas with. As the summer comes to a close, the post style will change for the better, you just need to stick it out.

Hope this brings clarity to this thread.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:21 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

i always help out where i can but stuff is nonsense, some guy starting whining and dissing rcu because nobody knew how to help him with his nikko, i mean stuff like that is ridiculous
Old 07-07-2005, 03:23 PM
45mph pede
Banned

*gets on soap box*

45 4 MOD
Old 07-07-2005, 03:44 PM
jahvajoe

I think i might be the only one to reply to the side note

I have a Tam Dirt thrasher. Picked it up for 60 bucks. i am using it as a starter for my 8 year old son, as well as myself ( i am still new) we are doing evrything from painting bodies, upgrading shocks(if i can find some) and changing the motor and stock MSC. It is a good buggy for what i do with it (bash around the yard, and if my son is driving-into everything in a 2 block radius) i dont think it will ever be "race" ready but as i upgrade it it seems to be able to handle eveything ok, and my 8 year old loves it. So not sure if this helped but there you go.

Hope yopu dont think this is a "crap " post, just wanted to share
Old 07-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Revs

pede 10 outa 10 for effort!!

Tom
Old 07-07-2005, 11:10 PM
RRR
My Feedback: (30)

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky

i always help out where i can but stuff is nonsense, some guy starting whining and dissing rcu because nobody knew how to help him with his nikko, i mean stuff like that is ridiculous
It people like you!Why there are less post on RCU! "Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post.You can't even do that... Let them talk about what ever thay are working on!! Nobody want to read about YOU bashing some poor kids Nikko,RadioShack or Wallmart RC"toy..
Old 07-07-2005, 11:13 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

Nobody want to read about YOU bashing some poor kids Nikko,RadioShack or Wallmart RC"toy..

ROFL!...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!...LOL! ROFLPMPL![X(][sm=bananahead.gif]

man that was sweet! man these threads always turn funny...its jus a matter of time!
Old 07-08-2005, 03:55 AM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

this was a grown man you idiot!!!! its actually people like you why there are less threads, because YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING about, and that was a perfect example right There! BUSTTTTTTTTTTTT hahahahhaha, and i fall to the floor with laughfter
Old 07-08-2005, 06:34 AM
ReDLiNe_XxX

[X(]...hahahahahahahahaahhh LOL!
Old 07-08-2005, 06:42 AM
Wicked!!
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: RRR

ORIGINAL: jkrustchinsky

It people like you!Why there are less post on RCU! "Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post.You can't even do that... Let them talk about what ever thay are working on!! Nobody want to read about YOU bashing some poor kids Nikko,RadioShack or Wallmart RC"toy..
Why 76 posts and he talks like he owns the place.

You know whats funny is that I don't remember being such a anoying newb when I got into r/cs. OOOO thats right I used the search botton and actually did some research.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:29 AM
RRR
My Feedback: (30)

ORIGINAL: WickedTxT

Why 76 posts and he talks like he owns the place.

Look at the joined date. I was here before any of you all where.So say what you want. But no body wants to read a nasty post from some moron.Inless its bashing a conman ripping some one off.So let them stick good radio gear on those "toy RC's"Besides its fun to watch them fall apart under the stress.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:29 AM
longhorntraxxas

jak i will cry if you leave
Old 07-08-2005, 10:36 AM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

ni**a try 2 play me i blow em off the map ASAP!

5,9 spirt ofa 6,4 gangsta ass ni**a[X(]

T.I!

but yea, every body here needs 2 stop bein dum[X(]
Old 07-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Nitroaddict

Obviously nothing I said seemed to sink in. Instead of continuing to talk to a wall, I am going to lock this thread. Funny thing is - threads and comments like these are far worse to the content of the site than what the original poster was commenting about.

Everyone - let this sink in - the posts in this thread are harming the content of RCU far more than the posts by the new members. Everyone who complained about the new members just created a worse environment than the one they were complaining about.