Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

1/8 Bazooka "Inferno clone" Buggy - Honest feedbacks only!

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

1/8 Bazooka "Inferno clone" Buggy - Honest feedbacks only!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:45 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/8 Bazooka "Inferno clone" Buggy - Honest feedbacks only!

i got tired of reading everyones replies...........no offence ment..........anyway i checked out the link above, and based on what i saw from the website i would never spend my hard earned cash on any of the vehicles i looked at................the company is really full of crap. they have totally misled there products..........for instance..........the 1/8 scale monster truck....they say its just like a Mad force............not even close. mad force is a solid axle truck and the tuck they had pictures of is not solid axle. how can you trust a company to produce a decent product, when they can't even lie convincingly about wich vehicle theres resemble[>:].........i work to hard for my money to throw it away on a maybe. of course i am kinda a tight wad, but still come on. if you want to sell your product you need to represent it truthfully. i'll just keep saving and get a better known and supported car......yes i will pay more for it, but i will have the peace of mind of knowing that it has parts, tech, and community support...........i feel much better now that i've gotten that off my chest.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Laughing Potato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own and race a Speed Bazooka (Kimax Rally X in the UK). This is the first buggy I've owned and raced, and here are my thoughts on it after 5 race meetings and a spot of jumping

The stock rear wing is of very low quality and broke first jump, and the wing mounts have since broken too. The front shock tower is very thin, but easily fixed when doubled up.

This buggy (I'm going to have loads of problems with it next time, I bet) has been very reliable for me. My driving style isn't hard, and I try to keep the wheels on the ground as much as possible. It is very quick, and feels very light to control when compared to a few other buggys I've used. The stock servos have been fine, in fact I can't see why anyone would bother replacing them. The response is great even when using 4aa's to power the servos. The engine is very good, and reliable to this point with not even a blown glow plug yet.

The 80mph top speed is iffy to say the least, but to me it is just a mix up with kph. This buggy is fast, and has a higher top speed that a Hyper 7 pbs.

Parts are easy enough to get hold off in the UK at the moment, and the price has just dropped from £300rtr to £200.00rtr. At £200.00 its worth every single penny and I hope more people give it a go.

Its nice to run something different, well I think so
Old 08-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Faulkner01
My Feedback: (88)

Well I own a Bazooka 1/8 scale buggy and have had it several months now. I just wanted to let you all know a little about my experience with it. First let me say I know there are allot of different ways people has described this buggy on their website. Most seem to write what ever they want. How can 1 buggy be described so many different ways. So here it is from someone who owns one.

I have personally owned several different buggy's. 1/10 & 1/8 scale. This Buggy is to me as good as the Inferno or Ofna 9.5. Someone said the aluminum looks thin. Have they actually picked one up and felt the weight of this thing. All that aluminum is half the weight. Before I say any more I want to let everyone know I'm not bashing Kyosho or Ofna at all. They make fine cars.... I am just letting people know about my experience with the Bazooka.

The first thing that I realized is there is just as much aluminum as the others....The weight is definitely there. Needless to say I was shocked when I picked it up. I to thought maybe its not all there in being tough. I pulled it out of the box , put batteries in the receiver and remote. With the car on its wheels you can here the power of the servos. It easily turns the wheels setting still. However they are a bit noisy. After several runs (I mean like weeks later- The throttle servo started to twitch. I replace it with a futaba and have had no other problems with the servos.

I mainly run buggy's because I like to jump them....They are great at doing high flying jumps, so that is exactly what I do with my Bazooka. The first jump was smooth as silk. As I started to go higher I noticed that the shocks could be more stiff for those hard landings. So I pulled out a phillips screw driver and adjusted them. That simple....Lands were much softer. Also to mention nobody really seems to mention the fact that the shocks are as nice as they are. They even come with rubber boots over the shaft. After endless jumps I have had no broken parts. Only loose screws....... You might say come on all those jumps and no broken parts...
Yes that is correct but I won't just launch it off of any thing like I see some people do. And a bit of practice doesn't hurt ether.

The engine is very strong. I almost causes the buggy to vibrate. When you open it up you can tell those 4 ports are really doing there job. I run mine rich. It looks like a steam engine when it flys buy. I am on my 4th gallon of gas and all that is different is it runs a little hotter than it did when it was new. But that could be do to the hotter climate also...The engine starts very well if you run it completely dry of fuel when you let it sit.

To this day I still run and jump my bazooka. I have replaced very few parts that I could get at my Local hobby shop. Parts I have replaced are :

*Clutch bell
*Clutch shoes
*Tires
*Many glo plugs
*Body
*Rear exhaust silicone gaskets
*Servo
*Various screws - Thread locker is your friend with this buggy......

I think reading this may help some people. And if you can really get one for around $300.00 I say go for it, you wont regret it.... As I payed much more because I bought mine locally.....Again the Inferno is a great buggy and has been around awhile. Let the Bazooka come to the states and you will see for yourselves how comparable the 2 really are.....

And the 80mph claim is not true, to everyone that sells this Item. Only a few sites make this claim.... And no it will not do 80mph. But it has no trouble keeping up with speeds of 40+mph.

Is parts really an issue ? I have not had to match suspension arms yet but if I do Parts will come by the Internet. The longer its been around the easer parts will be to get. If that sounds scary maybe buy 2 Bazooka's like I did and parts is not an issue. Also people should know that the Bazooka has been updated and now there is a Bazooka 2.........That is what I have...Just to ad to the parts thing has anyone tried to get parts lately for their Inferno ? Towerhobbies hardly has any parts for it because of the opening of Kyosho America. Kyosho parts in general are becoming harder to get. I know Because I have many models and buy parts all the time. Especially for my MadForce.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:31 AM
rcmad25

dont buy one i guy bought one from ebay and he broke a lower suspension arm and went and got an inferno one and it didnt fit they look like their the same but only about 20 parts will fit trust me they are the biggest load of bs
Old 09-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Jay-r

Hi I'm a newbie with RC's. I just wanted to ask if the RC shown in E-Shop JB (the one driven by Josh Cyrul jumping over the house) is really a Hi Speed Bazooka?
Old 09-01-2005, 04:46 PM
rcmad25

ORIGINAL: Jay-r

Hi I'm a newbie with RC's. I just wanted to ask if the RC shown in E-Shop JB (the one driven by Josh Cyrul jumping over the house) is really a Hi Speed Bazooka?
no its not i high speed bazooka its a kyosho kanai 1 or two you can even see the kyosho on the wing and that video is about 2-3 years old so the bazooka wasnt even out#
Old 09-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Jay-r

Thanks Bro.
ORIGINAL: rcmad25

no its not i high speed bazooka its a kyosho kanai 1 or two you can even see the kyosho on the wing and that video is about 2-3 years old so the bazooka wasnt even out#
Old 09-01-2005, 05:30 PM
rwong21

Mayhem ......papa...... Mayehm

Old 09-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Jay-r

I like how the Mayhem performed in the video here in the review , but I already bought a Kyosho Inferno RTR. Hopefully I didnt make a mistake. I havent played with it yet.
ORIGINAL: rwong21

Old 09-02-2005, 10:11 AM
rwong21

Hi,
I had the same situation like you. In the first point I decide to buy Kyosho Inferno RTR. For one easy reason....the famous name.
I continue to check carefull inside of the car and I find this version si very simple....is 100% better the 777 version. After to compare the Kyosho Inferno RTR with the Mayhem, I see the mayhem have a lot of hop-up included.

For the the first car is OK.

I like how the Mayhem performed in the video here in the review , but I already bought a Kyosho Inferno RTR. Hopefully I didnt make a mistake. I havent played with it yet.
ORIGINAL: rwong21

Old 09-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Jay-r

Thanks, you're right I did buy the Kyosho RTR for it's a brand name. I also have a Smartech Speedy Tiger which I'm going to be running tomorrow, hopefully I get to start the engine[sm=biggrin.gif] I really dont know what Im doing to begin with. I'll practice with the Smartech. I hope I get to assemble a KIT someday, for now I'll stick with RTR's, so I could learn how to run and tune the engine.
take care Bro!
Old 10-12-2005, 02:45 PM
NitroRunner

so how fast would these things go?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: maxximum_overdrive

i got tired of reading everyones replies...........no offence ment..........anyway i checked out the link above, and based on what i saw from the website i would never spend my hard earned cash on any of the vehicles i looked at................the company is really full of crap. they have totally misled there products..........for instance..........the 1/8 scale monster truck....they say its just like a Mad force............not even close. mad force is a solid axle truck and the tuck they had pictures of is not solid axle. how can you trust a company to produce a decent product, when they can't even lie convincingly about wich vehicle theres resemble[>:].........i work to hard for my money to throw it away on a maybe. of course i am kinda a tight wad, but still come on. if you want to sell your product you need to represent it truthfully. i'll just keep saving and get a better known and supported car......yes i will pay more for it, but i will have the peace of mind of knowing that it has parts, tech, and community support...........i feel much better now that i've gotten that off my chest.
Its the Mega Force, not MAD force.

Anywho, what MP 7.5 parts fit this thing? it'd be extremely ez to hop it up if everything mounts up to it.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Haulin bass

You guys all know your not even reading the offical smarttech website but dumb ass importers right?
http://www.smartechracing.com/web_20...83420/main.asp
http://www.smartechracing.com/web_20...83421/main.asp
I dont see any rediculus claims and such on the real smartech website
Old 10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Kemo

Yeah, but smartechs finally got a 1/8 buggy, and i cant tell what the heck it is cloned off of. Its weak as hell, id steer clear from it... plastic shock towers.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:39 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

it looks like a hyper7 mixed with a kyosho rtr

it's got aluminum towers, but they seem to be thin, and that means lots of bending
Old 10-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Kemo

You talking about the vanguard? the vanguard has nylon shock towers.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:33 PM
MBX5T Maniac

this one is plastic

which is on this buggy
http://www.smartechracing.com/web_20...83421/main.asp

but this one isn't

the tower's are shiny blue aluminum

look at the pics
http://www.smartechracing.com/web_20...83420/main.asp
Old 10-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Kemo

here is a problem i can see right now: http://www.smartechracing.com/web_20...images/p6d.gif DOG BONES and them falling out. That and eclips.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:02 PM
MBX5T Maniac

yes yes, very bad design on their part. that's a no-no
Old 10-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Haulin bass

That hinge pin is a phylips head screw from what I can see.I do agree that outdrive cup needs a piece of fuel tubing in it.Sure I would never buy it but the actual smartech website does allot more for the credability than those importer sites.No there not a high end kit they retail for $280 what do you expect an xray XB8?
Old 01-07-2006, 06:33 PM
weeeman

Hi all, well, i have purchased the bazooka 1:8 4wd gas buggy and a few things to note... my experience with this buggy has led me to believe there should be more hype over them due to their robust design and fast pace. This cars potential to reach high speed is high! i haven't measured the speed of it yet but let me tell you i have had it going full *** and it has prooven to give good results. I have a .21 3.5cc vertex engine in this buggy and i believe this is standard; i must say that the only pain in the rear end is that this particular engine floods easy and that there is no fuel priming system other than blowing on the exhaust pipe (to pressurise the system). Overall, however, i think this machine is good for the price one would pay for it but as i live in New Zealand there are limited stockists of parts otherwise a good all round rc buggy!