Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

My new Moyo 60 - little questions

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

My new Moyo 60 - little questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 11:50 AM
westy1957
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Moyo 60 - little questions

[link=http://www.olivotti.it/mojo/]My moyo 60 page[/link]

Please visit my mojo page with photos!
This is my new Mojo , but before fly it, I like to ask you some questions and checks... You can click on the images to enlarge them. Thank you very much and excuse my bad english, I am Italian!

1) My new Mojo!!!, do you like that?
2) 2 HS 635 HB in the tail, 2 HS 475 HB for ailerons, and 1 HS 81 for throttle. Battery 6V 1000 mAh
3) Engine is a new Saito 91 and prop an APC 15x4W
4) Total weight is 5,69 Lb without fuel
6, 7, 9) To proper balance I have mounted the engine more in the front as I couldt. And the battery where you can see it. There is good foam under it!There is something wrong in that?
8) For right thrust I have put 2 little washers under the front srew. Can you see it? Do you think is okey?
10)Are useful these elastics that I put on the 2 legs of the landing gear? Or is better I remove it for better performance of the landing gear?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49426.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	309206  
Old 08-12-2005, 01:38 PM
65 Chevy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: My new Moyo 60 - little questions

Great Covering... I like your design. In looking at picture 7, it looks to me like there is a substantial amount of down thrust with the engine pointed on a downward line. Is the crank shaft parallel with the center line of the motor mount? Pictures 6, 7, & 8. That battery position should be fine if that is what it requires to balance at the suggested CG. Picture 8, to me, that looks like ALOT of right thrust. Before I would use that amount of right thrust, I would fly it first with none and slowly add right thrust if is were needed. I'm sure Swany (the planes designer) will pop in here and answer your questions MUCH better than I, but as a fellow Bro, I thought I would jump in.
ProBro 963
Bolt Locker
Old 08-12-2005, 01:41 PM
tmproff
My Feedback: (5)

Westy,

Great looking Mojo 60!
I dont see anything wrong with the battery being up that close. Also, I love your idea of the rubber bands (elastics) to help with the landings. I agree with Bolt, it seems you have too much right and down thrust.

Other than that, you have a beautiful plane!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:14 PM
westy1957

Thankyou Bolt locker, Thankyou Tmproff,
I will check the engine lines, perhaps when I made the screw holes I was a little tired....[&o]
But also the photos makes some distorsion of view...
Ciao
Old 08-12-2005, 03:00 PM
SNARLACLES
My Feedback: (20)

WOW westy...............that is a GREAT look'n MOJO, will you cover me one
Old 08-13-2005, 05:23 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Very Nice!!!! Right thrust is maybe a bit much but won't cause any major troubles. That's something that has to be flight trimmed anyway. I wonder why you are so tail heavy? My Mojo has same engine, similar servos, lousy covering job and a 5 cell 720mah battery mounted back behind the servos in the wing. My engine was also mounted as far back on the mount as I could get it. Mine balances about 2" behind the spar and is very comfortable there. It may still be a touch nose heavy as I still have to hold a bit of down for inverted flight.
Recheck that CG. Your aileron servos will work but they are a bit weak. A couple more of the 635s would be more suited. The 635s are fine on the tail as is.
I guarantee your english is better than my italian capisci?

Matt
Old 08-14-2005, 02:43 AM
westy1957

ORIGINAL: basmntdweller

Very Nice!!!! Right thrust is maybe a bit much but won't cause any major troubles. That's something that has to be flight trimmed anyway. I wonder why you are so tail heavy? My Mojo has same engine, similar servos, lousy covering job and a 5 cell 720mah battery mounted back behind the servos in the wing. My engine was also mounted as far back on the mount as I could get it. Mine balances about 2" behind the spar and is very comfortable there. It may still be a touch nose heavy as I still have to hold a bit of down for inverted flight.
Recheck that CG. Your aileron servos will work but they are a bit weak. A couple more of the 635s would be more suited. The 635s are fine on the tail as is.
I guarantee your english is better than my italian capisci?

Matt
I wonder why I am so tail heavy too.... Perhaps I build with too much glue, don't know.....[&o]
I added two more photos of details in the [link=http://www.olivotti.it/mojo/]PAGE OF MY MOJO[/link] they are number 11 and 12.
In n. 11 you see that mine CG is 1"+3/8" behind m.s. that is more than what suggested on the plans: this measure a conservative CG at 3/4" behind m.s.. I think to be in a middle way between conservative and your twisty 2".... Do you agree?

In n. 12 the levels says that the pitch down of the engine is only a very little.....
Old 08-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Wings-RCU

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Westy,

Nice MOJO. You are going to like it!!
Looking at your set-up, here are my suggestions:
Go ahead and fly it at that CG. It will be fine, but I have also found that 2" behind the spar is about perfect for hands off inverted & 3-D.
Get rid of the rubber bands (elastics) on the landing gear. I think that this will cause some rubbing on the fuselage and not add any strength The landing gear is plenty strong buy itself.
It looks like you have small 2-56 ball links on the aileron servos. This may be too small. Use heavy duty linkages for the MOJO-60. I have heard people bending 4-40 rods, in flight, on the rudder of the MOJO-60.
Mine was also a little tail heavy & I had to move the Saito 100 forward a little. I think it was because I used heavy 5645MG servos in the tail. Mine came out 5# 14 oz with 4 5645's, a 1750 6 cell NiCad, & a 225 for throttle. I would also get rid of any down thrust. The right thrust looks OK to me.
Here is a picture of mine.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33731.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	309882  
Old 08-14-2005, 02:47 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: westy1957

[link=http://www.olivotti.it/mojo/]My moyo 60 page[/link]

Please visit my mojo page with photos!
This is my new Mojo , but before fly it, I like to ask you some questions and checks... You can click on the images to enlarge them. Thank you very much and excuse my bad english, I am Italian!

1) My new Mojo!!!, do you like that?
2) 2 HS 635 HB in the tail, 2 HS 475 HB for ailerons, and 1 HS 81 for throttle. Battery 6V 1000 mAh
3) Engine is a new Saito 91 and prop an APC 15x4W
4) Total weight is 5,69 Lb without fuel
6, 7, 9) To proper balance I have mounted the engine more in the front as I couldt. And the battery where you can see it. There is good foam under it!There is something wrong in that?
8) For right thrust I have put 2 little washers under the front srew. Can you see it? Do you think is okey?
10)Are useful these elastics that I put on the 2 legs of the landing gear? Or is better I remove it for better performance of the landing gear?
Very nice looking Mojo!!

I don't see any problems with the way you have it setup.... You will probably find that you can move the battery to the wing compartment when you fly it.. To dial in the CG, trim it for level flight then roll inverted. If it climbes, you're tail heavy, if it sinks it's nose heavy. I like em ballanced neutral upright and inverted. Right thrust looks okay too. You don't want any down or up thrust in the motor.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:25 AM
westy1957

Thankyou very much to all you!!
Your advices were really precious for me!!!
In particular thankyou to WINGS, and let me tell you: "your" covering is superlative, not sure as mine simple one...
This forum is excellent, and I always find friends that answer me!!!!
Ciao
I will let you know after the first flights....
Old 09-04-2005, 11:12 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

wings rcu how did you go about doing that color scheme what colors go on 1st and such?