Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

manuevers

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 03:26 PM
profile540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manuevers

im new at this posting stuff.............ima quadriplegic who flew r/c before i broke my neck 2 years ago have use of arms no finger control a friend of mine built me special gimbal sticks i can fly pretty good............love this stuff it keeps me busy.............my question is what is a blender and a wall and how do u get into them.by the way i fly all profiles and omp kicks ass thought i would throw that in............thanks
Old 08-25-2005, 10:21 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: manuevers

http://www.blaineaustin.com/3d_tips.htm

Check out Blaine's site. It has some good info. Blenders are under the title of The Panic.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:57 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

I have not checked it for some time but Horizon Hobby had some good information about how to do maneuvers. If you want to spend money then go buy Jason Shulmans 3D video or Chris Maier had one I heard was good too.
Jeff W.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:58 PM
profile540

thanks for your help guys much apreciated
Old 08-29-2005, 03:26 PM
WhtBronco

Well done on working it out to fly R/C with your challenges. My cousin is in the same position as you and he won't do much of anything. Several years after his accident he won't try anything. He can use his right arm fairly well and I rigged up a transmitter so he could fly my daughters plane, but all he said was no even though he is driving R/C cars again and has flown planes in the past.

The good news here is the Wall is not hard to do, spoilerons help(both ailerons up full throw when elevator is pulled full up). However, the Blender despite trying many times I still cannot do.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:11 PM
profile540

hey,wht bronco im fortunate i have alot of help to build,tune,start the only thing i can do is fly.im hopeing to be better at 3d this winter i live in yuma az 115 outside right now to hot.........
Old 08-29-2005, 09:13 PM
profile540

oh..........by the way where do u fly?
Old 08-30-2005, 06:29 AM
westy1957
My Feedback: (2)

The Elevator:
How to do it:
The easiest way to enter this maneuver is to go up a mistake or two high, and dive straight down. once the plane is pointed at the ground, after making sure the high rate elevator is on , pull full up, and hold it. Do not release it or hesitate when pulling, that allows the nose to come down and the plane will try to start flying again, then the wings will start rocking, and it won't look very much like an Elevator. If the nose comes up when you pull and then drops again, you can either add a click or two of power immediately after the pull, or move the CG back a little more.

Hello, I am italian and I can't understand very well the meaning of the above phrase written ib RED..
Can you explain me in other words more simple??
Thankyou
Ciao
Old 08-30-2005, 07:47 AM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"A mistake or two high" -- start the maneuver with enough altitude to allow you time to recover from a mistake (or two).

"dive straight down" -- from straight and level flight give down elevator until the plane is traveling straight toward the ground.

"Once the plane is pointed at the ground" -- do not start the maneuver until the plane is traveling toward the ground.

Maybe this will help you understand Blaine's instructions.

Instead of entering the elevator from a dive, I found this method easier to learn the elevator.

From straight level flight reduce throttle to idle. As the plane slows to the point of stalling, add full up elevator. Regulate the rate of decent by increasing throttle. Many planes do the elevator better when you use spoilerons.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:51 PM
westy1957
My Feedback: (2)

Thankyou,
perfectly clear!!!
I will try it sunday..
Ciao