Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

big F-16 and Mirage 200 from Skymaster !!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

big F-16 and Mirage 200 from Skymaster !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 01:46 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: big F-16 and Mirage 200 from Skymaster !!

Wasn't skymaster complaining just a few DAYS ago about getting "ripped off" by JetLegend?
Old 09-24-2005, 01:53 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

Wasn't skymaster complaining just a few DAYS ago about getting "ripped off" by JetLegend?
So the plot thickens.......[&:]
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 09-24-2005, 01:59 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Well...you hear all sorts of things about Skymaster! I saw some things that raised some eyebrows, myself.
I do know they have a VERY strong PR machine here that will pummel the heck out of anyone who dares to criticise.
Which is what will happen here. They will shout long and hard, until people end up disbeleiving what they actually saw!
Old 09-24-2005, 03:28 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

very disapointing, barry
Old 09-24-2005, 11:06 PM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

John,

I am sorry to see your post in the RCU concern about the new gear of F-16.
I just visit your web site and checking your designed gear for F-16, and I
found the main gear has high proportion are the same designe . but the nose gear is different then your,

I just got this new prototype gear sample for our new F-16 from the outsouce
factory yesterday, I was very happy with this gear and believe it will fit
our new F-16. This outsource factory have made many gears for us in the
past, such as F-5 and Hawk..etc. We trust their ability to ba able to make
right gear for F-16. I had have used the Y/A and BVM scale gear for F-16
many years ago , I know this prototype sample is not the same their
products, So I thought this is an new designe.

As Skymaster don't like another company copy our products, we don't want to
copy another's design too. Therefore, I just decided to tell this factory
to cancel this project of F-16 gear. We request them to redesign an
complete new gear.

We apologize for the inconvenient might caused to you.

Best Regards

Anton Lin
Old 09-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anton

As a loyal Skymaster customer I gotta set something out on the table here.I own 3 SM jets ,the F-5, F-18 Super Hornet & the F-18c too.I just looked at the Matrix gear on their site and while I see a similar comparison I do not see anything that should trigger Matrix to post a reply stating that you copied their gear to a T!!I see noticable differences and as mentioned the final manufactured material will also be different.So what if SM gear somewhat resembles Matrix ,it not an exact set of goods!! We live in a society today where pretty much everything looks alike or very close .I have had a couple other Plantation Shutter companies(since Jan. of this year) attempt or try to copy/simulate how I manufacture my product.they have seen my product at shows and on job sites and liked how I redesigned the assembly process to be stronger and look cleaner.They werent able to do it casue they dont have the proper tooling.Yet it doesnt bother me cause I still sell 4 times more than they do here,if anything I feel honored that someone thought enough of my redesign. Did we ever see people going OMG mazda copied another one of Ford's designs years ago or do we really care that Russia copies our jet fighter designs an aweful lot?It really doesnt matter especially since Russia's designs still look different and unique in their own way .Anton I can tell you a good business man and believe in good morals and being fair.While I dont think your gear is a direct copy like Matrix proclaims it to be you have to do what you feel is right.If you feel it will "stir the pot" if the gear gets released as its current stage then so be it .Just please make sure to keep the gear in true scale like configuration-the F-16 gear is probably by far the hardest of the gears to make truly scale looking.My only gripe at all has been that I wish the F-5 struts were a little more truer to scale but they still look good.Any word on the release/availibilty of the F-5 ordnance & centerline drop tank?I have the nav lights installed along with Asram missles & the SM cockpit-she is looking awesome!! The F-5 is a good looking jet-one of my favorites!!I am taking my Super Hornet out today and if all checks out the maiden will happen-FINALLY!!

ET
Where are you coming from- how dare anyone criticize SM or they will "pummel "them?I have yet to ever see where SM or Airpac have done so.SM has exclusive rights to the molds/designs. Sparks and/or JL(They are the same company I think)is selling their designs and passing them off as their own and you dont see anything wrong with that?If anyone is good at criticizing it is YOU or Tam .I dont like you ,I find you very annoying,arrogant and loud.There are certainly many others that feel the same way,I know you dont care tho .I'm too nice a guy and dont speak my mind sometimes

Steve
Old 09-25-2005, 08:30 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: Fentress Jets

Anton

As a loyal Skymaster customer I gotta set something out on the table here.I own 3 SM jets ,the F-5, F-18 Super Hornet & the F-18c too.I just looked at the Matrix gear on their site and while I see a similar comparison I do not see anything that should trigger Matrix to post a reply stating that you copied their gear to a T!!I see noticable differences and as mentioned the final manufactured material will also be different.So what if SM gear somewhat resembles Matrix ,it not an exact set of goods!! We live in a society today where pretty much everything looks alike or very close .I have had a couple other shutters companies(since Jan. of this year) attempt or try to copy/simulate how I manufacture my product.they have seen my product at shows and on job sites and liked how I redesigned the assembly process to be stronger and look cleaner.They werent able to do it casue they dont have the proper tooling.Yet it doesnt bother me cause I still sell 4 times more than they do here,if anything I feel honored that someone thought enough of my redesign. Did we ever see people going OMG mazda copied another one of Ford's designs years ago or do we really care that Russia copies our jet fighter designs an aweful lot?It really doesnt matter especially since Russia's designs still look different and unique in their own way .Anton I can tell you a good business man and believe in good morals and being fair.While I dont think your gear is a copy like Matrix proclaims it to be you have to do what you feel is right.If you feel it will "stir the pot" if the gear gets released as its current stage then so be it .Just please make sure to keep the gear in true scale like configuration-the F-16 gear is probably by far the hardest of the gears to make truly scale looking.My only gripe at all has been that I wish the F-5 struts were a little more truer to scale but they still look good.The F-5 is a good looking jet-one of my favorites!!I am taking my Super Hornet out today and if all checks out the maiden will happen-FINALLY!!

ET
Where are you coming from- how dare anyone criticize SM or they will "pummel "them?I have yet to ever see where SM or Airpac have done so.SM has exclusive rights to the molds/designs. Sparks and/or JL(They are the same company I think)is selling their designs and passing them off as their own and you dont see anything wrong with that?If anyone is good at criticizing it is YOU or Tam .I dont like you ,I find you very annoying,arrogant and loud.There are certainly many others that feel the same way,I know you dont care tho .I'm too nice a guy and dont speak my mind sometimes

Steve
Well...evidently...the PRESIDENT of Skymaster feels completely different than you.

He apologized, end of story.

"While I dont think your gear is a copy like Matrix proclaims it to be you have to do what you feel is right."
Unforunately, you are wrong, Mr. Lin knows it, Matrix knows it. See what I mean about rabid defense?
EVER AFTER Mr. Lin says "I was in the wrong", you have these people shooting our rants saying "he could NEVER be wrong!" And following it up with a personal attack. Same old, same old.
Oh, and hey, the Russians do NOT copy our jets, they come up with their own just fine, and you kind of missed the relationship between Ford and Mazda. You think Ford "copied" Mazda? Or vice versa? Man...do you have ANY idea of what you are talking about?

Anyway...

It's pretty refreshing to hear someone say "my fault, we made a mistake, and I will correct it".

Well done, Skymaster.
Far as I am concerned, they came out AHEAD, if anything.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:31 AM
THEREALMATRIX

Quote from Fentress Jets; "I just looked at the Matrix gear on their site and while I see a similar comparison I do not see anything that should trigger Matrix to post a reply stating that you copied their gear to a T!!I see noticable differences and as mentioned the final manufactured material will also be different.So what if SM gear somewhat resembles Matrix ,it not an exact set of goods!!"

I will answer your quote stating that you dont think we made the gear in the Skymaster photos just because they dont look exactly alike. We make special order sizes to fit many jets. I will post some photos of extra parts that were made for a customer in JULY 2003. I know this because the nose gear was too long to fit inside the wheel well so we had to make the oleo scissors shorter and made it out of aluminum as shown in the Skymaster photos. Our standard oleo scissor are made of brass. I also had to make the main gear shorter on that order too.

I stand behind our statment that we made that gear. I have extra parts of 4 sizes of F16 gear. I will post photos of them shortly so you can make a better comparison.

As for Skymaster not knowing the origination of the prototype, I can accept this as true and thank you for your understanding.

John Mesolella
President
Matrix Machine Tool

Old 09-25-2005, 08:54 AM
Steve S

John,your gear is beautiful,I wont take that away from you.I already saw that Anton appolgized and is going to redesign his gear.That is fine,hes doing what HE feels is right.I was just stating that I DO NOT feel in my opinion that his gear was a direct copy ET!!I see noticeable differences in the two.And yes for the record Mazda did copy many of Fords designs,there is no "vise versa" to it

I tend to forget your a rocket engineer and know everything tho right??? God your annoying,get under my skin as much as finger nails on a chalkboard.Arent opinions and free speech a beautiful thang??
Old 09-25-2005, 08:55 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

See what I mean?
Fentress...you are WRONG. You can apologize some other day. Doubt you will, though.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:00 AM
Steve S

ET

Dude I'm not gonna appologize !! It is MY opinion,I stated what I think of the subject [8D]

Steve
Old 09-25-2005, 09:02 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: Fentress Jets

John,your gear is beautiful,I wont take that away from you.I already saw that Anton appolgized and is going to redesign his gear.That is fine,hes doing what HE feels is right.I was just stating that I DO NOT feel in my opinion that his gear was a direct copy ET!!I see noticeable differences in the two.And yes for the record Mazda did copy many of Fords designs,there is no "vise versa" to it

I tend to forget your a rocket engineer and know everything tho right??? God your annoying,get under my skin as much as finger nails on a chalkboard.Arent opinions and free speech a beautiful thang??
"Slaps forehead"
Are you KIDDING? Are you JOKING? Even Anton Lin can see that they are a copy. But you keep denying it.
And you TOTALLY missed the relationship between Ford and Mazda. Ford has OWNED a controlling interest in Mazda since the Seventies. They never COPIED anyone... they OWNED them. You just have no idea of what you are talking about, do you? Stop talking already, before you dig yourself in too deeply.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Steve S

ET

Ok I WILL appologize about one thing here.I was not aware that Ford owned Mazda.

But I still hold firm on my opinion of the SM gear issue.I have my own two eyes ET and they work great still even at 36 years of age! With my own two eyes I see on Matrix's website that the two gears ARE slightly different !!!I think YOU are missing my real point here ,It doesnt matter to ME that Anton appologized,thats fine,he did what he felt was right morally & business wise.I'm glad he did if HE felt the need to do so.We live in a free country here and I stressed my opinion on the subject! Long story short!!Nothing more -nothing less

And ET why would I feel as if I'm digging my self in deep?Heck I'm having fun buddy as always . I sure do love RCU-keep up the great work Marc But I will say this I am done going back & forth with you ET,You'd argue 24/7 if you have a chance.I see that from your many post on the FAA issue
Old 09-25-2005, 11:25 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Hi John:
Whats your web page? Need some info please.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Topgun2mo
My Feedback: (45)

See post #22
Old 11-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Lt. Dan
My Feedback: (21)

Does anyone else find it EXTREMELY hypocritical that while was absolutely no convincing ET that JL is pumping out unauthorized SM jets, as stated by SM themselves, yet when another manufacturer makes the same claim against SM, ET is all over SM like a moth to a flame?

Yeah, ET is definitely an unbiased observer.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:16 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

wanna be a bit more specific for those out of the "Loop" Dan?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:20 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

As Skymaster don't like another company copy our products, we don't want to
copy another's design too.

We apologize for the inconvenient might caused to you.

Best Regards

Anton Lin
[/quote]

Anton,
What is this.

Aircylinder exact copy of Yellow Aircraft. Which I been selling for last 4 years.
Pipe is exact copy of our. Which I been making for last 6 years.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30913.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	355873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58077.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	355874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot49094.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	355875  
Old 11-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Lt. Dan

ORIGINAL: tamjets

Anton,
What is this.

Aircylinder exact copy of Yellow Aircraft. Which I been selling for last 4 years.
The hypocrisy runs deep in this thread.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Lt. Dan

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

wanna be a bit more specific for those out of the "Loop" Dan?
A simple search and read on just about any Jet Legend thread will reveal the truth.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:30 PM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Anton,
What is this.

[/quote]

Hello, Tam

Here are pictures for the tailpipe that when I got my first AMT Mercury on 1998, the AMT Instructions Manuals has showing the details ,
So the original designer wasn't you .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57606.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	356016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84770.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	356017  
Old 11-17-2005, 09:50 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Hello, Tam

Here are pictures for the tailpipe that when I got my first AMT Mercury on 1998, the AMT Instructions Manuals has showing the details ,
So the original designer wasn't you .
[/quote]

Anton,
Let me tell you my history making pipe.
In the early years. Everyone just start flying with single wall pipe.
They using thermal blanket rap around the pipe and put another thin aluminum to rap around the thermal blanket.
That is very heavy pipe and very hot.
So I scraching my head and come up with an idea to make double wall bifurcated pipe. My first turbine jets is Avond F-15. This was in 1997 or 1998. So damp long can't remember.
I went to Fresno Jet show and demo the pipe to the public how cool it can run and very light weight.
After that. I do the same thing to my BVM maverick with the double wall pipe. So the idea of double wall pipe is keeping the pipe light weight and cool running.
Than my idea and design other accept to use for their turbine jets.
At the time I was run liquor store business. People some how get a hold of me and ask me to do custom pipe for them.
I start making one a week on my night time after work.
Than the words get out. Everyone start contacting me for pipe work. That how Tamjets business started.
But I don't take the credit to making bifurcated pipe. BVM and other have done few years before I start.
But I'm the first one to make double wall bifurcated pipe. But not only that. I take very serious amount of time testing from one design to another to get the correct size for each engine and with minium amount of thrust lost.

My point to this post is not about whom is copy whom.
The hobby business start about 100 years ago.
Many good design idea was pass on from one decade to another.
That how products get better and better every year.
I have see too many products your company make are copy from other idea.

Even I can't not said all my products make from my own design either.

Many products are make in the market.
A lot of idea got cross over from one person to another.

Your statement said: As Skymaster don't like another company copy our products, we don't want to
copy another's design too.

I'm don't agree with you there.
Let me ask you this.
When I making my Super Hornet F-18.
You start to make your after you saw Spark are working on my F-18F.
Did I or anyone here said you copy.
The answer is no.
But your buddy past the words around said I copy your F-18.
So we get to the ugly fight on RCU.
Now everyone know my F-18 is way different from your.
But damage is done to us.

Now let me ask you another question.
This is a good one.
All the models you lists on your website for over 2 1/2 years have not even make or test flight.
If I come out with the new models which are listed on your website.
So is that make me a copycat.

Hope you read thru my post carefully before respond.

I wish you good luck at your latest factory and kept your buddy calm down.
Even you and I are neck to neck competitor.
Hope the one with better products will win the market.
We don't need to play dirty game.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:11 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Closing this thread till further notice