Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:17 PM
Xeller8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

"Levid"....dude....shrink your pics down a bit....LOL!!
Old 01-23-2006, 10:19 PM
ScottHarp

ORIGINAL: Xeller8

ORIGINAL: levid

because I bought it through an auction he's been of very little help to the point of ignoring any emails that I've sent him. I know you are very busy and that these trucks have been causing lots of stress to a lot of other people as well as me and I appreciate all your help.

Hence the reason I caution people about buying stuff off e-bay...AND why I usually don't buy off e-bay MYSELF...the support SUCKS a good share of the time....they just pass the buck!
And hence the reason I AM NOT AN EBAY SELLER!!! The bad rep proceeds itself and I do not need the hassle. Yes a "quick buck" can be made but is it really worth it? I would rather have 25 happy returning customers that 100 P.O'ed ones that never come back and bash my name.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:20 PM
ryang20

ive been hearing bad things about the volcano and im getting worried because i just purchased one and am going to receive it soon. i am afraid that it will break or something and is the volcano a good truck in the first place?
Old 01-23-2006, 10:32 PM
levid

Ya sorry about that, posted it but then realized i didn't bring down to size sorry everyone hopefully i didn't take up to much space
Old 01-23-2006, 10:47 PM
levid

i was going down the road and my receiver wouldn't turn then it did and instead of taken a slight impact ,it should of kept going i didn't hit it head on it was merley a car rubbing up against a curb or glancing it grabbed the tire and ripped it off again i wasn't going fast i'm in a neighborhood with kids and cars so i try to be as carefully as i can so as my knowledge hopefully it was a weak part or i'm going have some serious problems with my truck it would be nice to know if i can hit a speed bump or small jump don't want to push it you know trucks are money hobbies are money but to have fun you need to spend money but in the long run people need to know what you can do with them i thank redcat should redo the video so people don't get the wrong ideas about them and do some crazy stuff with them again sorry about the bad feedback i've just experienced bad things hopefully others are doing better than i am.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Xeller8

LOL Levid....didn't mean to jump ya about the pics...I just scrolled down that page and was like WHOA!!

"ryang20"....don't get too worried just yet...there are others that haven't had as many probs with the trucks and if you read back through the thread there are people working to help solve some of the problems...

If you have probs YOU WILL GET SUPPORT one way or the other.

One thing I would like to suggest to everybody who has these trucks is to take the front suspension apart and boil the plastic parts (control arms and such) for about 45 minutes to an hour...I did it with my buggy after breaking the control arms and it seems to have made a difference cuz I beat the hell out of it this weekend and they held up...I boiled MINE for about a 1/2 hour but I think one could try it a little longer and it will make an even bigger difference.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:55 PM
levid

Ya but thats the buggy and they have tottaly different parts then these trucks the trucks are setup so different that there not even compareable if you read through the threads noone is having problems with the buggies only trucks at least to my knowledge
Old 01-23-2006, 11:00 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Levid I shot you an email on RCUniverse please check it out.

Regarding the video, we had no problems with the two trucks used the day of filming except for one body breaking. What I touched on in an earlier post that I would like to touch on again is the Trucks are our number 1 sellers. We have sold about 5x as many trucks as any other model. Therefore, there of course will be more postings of problems, issues etc...

I do realize that the body is weaker than the other bodies due to the process in which our manufacturer used to paint them and our next shipment will use a different process to help alleviate the breaking. When the new shipment arrives, I will gladly post information about how to retain a new body for your truck if in fact the manufacturer did what they said when we get the container of Trucks and Buggies. They promised to ship me extra bodies using the new process at no charge and if in fact that is true, I will gladly replace bodies for those that have damage from the first shipments.

Regarding other parts that might break more than others, we are doing some tests to determine if in fact there is any weak spots that could cause something on a truck to break more often than say on a buggy. If we determine a problem with this, we surely will handle this in a professional timely manner.

Say what you like about the product and the company, this is why we proudly post this forum on our website and we monitor it, but for those that have a history with Redcat you know the type of company we are and how highly we regard the importance of our integrity.

Darin
Old 01-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Xeller8

ORIGINAL: levid

Ya but thats the buggy and they have tottaly different parts then these trucks the trucks are setup so different that there not even compareable if you read through the threads noone is having problems with the buggies only trucks at least to my knowledge

You are correct Levid...however...we are talking about the SAME TYPE OF PLASTIC PARTS...so...if it helps with the buggies...surely it should help with the trucks also....correct??

I REALLY wish I had one of these trucks too...then I could do some testing and trouble shooting right along with some of you like "Kosty"...we could go through some of this stuff together that way!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:11 PM
ryang20

xeller8 do you know any upgrades to shocks and a-arms i can get for the volcano? also i was wondering if this truck does really go as fast as it says it can go. Im also wondering if i can get an aftermarket exhaust for this truck thanks for the help
Old 01-23-2006, 11:19 PM
N3W2R/C

scott harp
i have the engine tuned and working i just dont have teh servos and the radio working. i am having the company send me a new servo and if that dosnt resolve the problem i will gladley send it to you and have you take a look at it. i will e-mail you the results of the new servo if htat fixes it or not. ny new servo should be here middle of next week. thanks alot

Logan
Old 01-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Xeller8

Ryang20....

When you have some time read back through this entire thread....there has been some stuff from other makes that have been found to be interchangable and there are people working to find out more until the actual upgrade parts become available.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:28 PM
ryang20

ok thanks im new at this and im really into this stuff. i just really want this truck to work so i can have fun with it. i guess i shouldnt really worry until i get it and see how it is. if there is things wrong with this you will be able to help me right. Thanks for your time.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:28 PM
ScottHarp

Servos are all interchangable as long as you get the RED to RED, BLACK to BLACK and the other to the signal wire, this could be white or brown. The only servos you cannot interchange with is digital servos. YOU CANNOT RUN DIGITAL SERVOS ON DRY CELLS OR RUN THEM FROM AN ANALOG TRANSMITTER!!!!!

N3W -- I would almost bet you have them plugged into the receiver wrong.

The steering should go at the top, then the throttle. The battery connection will go in the bottom.

I will look at mine tomoroow while I am at the store. Feel free to call me after 5:30pm Central time and I will be happy to help. 205-661-9546
Old 01-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Xeller8

Scott...

I couldn't agree more and I'm glad to hear you can resist the "quick buck" and put customer service FIRST...thats exactly the way I run my Body Shop...my customers LOVE me because I put them before $ and back up our work 150%...

It's too bad Redcat couldn't put greater restrictions on the resale of these things and keep them off e-bay....yeah...the money is great...but letting just anybody buy a bulk number of these (ANY company or product for that matter) and sell them on e-bay can do a lot of damage to the company itself in the long run due to poor customer support by the original seller.

Thanks for being a stand up guy and kudos to you for offering to take on some of the troubleshooting and repairs for these guys who are having so much trouble (like N3W2RC)....it's nice to see there are still people like you out there!

BTW...Scott is a really cool name!...HA!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:17 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

I have posted traxxis part numbers 3 times. I think your missing the posts. Read back.

ORIGINAL: ryang20

ok thanks im new at this and im really into this stuff. i just really want this truck to work so i can have fun with it. i guess i shouldnt really worry until i get it and see how it is. if there is things wrong with this you will be able to help me right. Thanks for your time.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:03 AM
rtweet28155

i need some help i keep adjusting the car and cant get it right i can get it close to sitting still with out it moving but when i do it dies i have changed servos and controllers at the base of the carb where the pin is that holds the carb on to the motor it look to be leaking fuel i have maybe got to run it for 30 min and have ahd it for a month darin could you help me out i have also bought over 200 in parts like shokes lower arms a gear set that just shadderd can some one help me this has been a head ace ever sence it has arived and front axles i have blisters so bad on my hands i am just tinking of putting it all in a box and just putting if the back of my shop and giving up
Old 01-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Dont worry about letting your car sit there to see how long it will idle. Get it moving. Seems that is your concern. Keep the wheels off the ground and use the throttle alittle so it wont stall then, and raise the idle. Keep the idle a hair high in the beginning if your that worried about it stalling. WHen adjusting your low and high dont make drastic changes. ALittle at a time and run it in between tuning it.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:40 AM
wildwilly

I thought id post this incase some ppl needed reassuring. I got a tyrannosaurus about a week ago off ebay and i have had a great experience with it so far. been using it for atleast an hour everyday, No serious problems with it, but i have had a bit of experience with electric cars so ive been able to prevent some problems. My only advice is to not follow the intruction booklet it comes with too closely for tuning as i found it was telling me to run the engine way too lean, so my only tip is to try and run it a bit rich at first. The radio gear all works fine, but it performs a lot better if you change the servos and the ones that came with it are too weak for the huge wheels. Im using a traxxas controller that came with another RTR electric car i got a few years back cause i dont really trust the one it came with, but the one that came with it works fine and my little bro has been using it with a couple of other cars of mine and its been fine. The car seems very sturdy and ive taken it offroad a few times and its performed great. Ive rolled it on tarmac a few times going almost full speed and the only damage has been a few scrathces to the shell. Just make sure that everything is secured on tight before you use it, especially the first few times. The only problem ive had is with the clutch spring breaking, but upgrading or replacing the clutch shoes and clutch bell should fix this problem, and ive been able to find these parts at my local hobby shop. Id say that for the price of these cars, they are an excellent buy as long as you know what you are doing.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:41 AM
trpastor

Hey Darin

That's AWSOME that you are working to resolve the bodies and the arms. That is very respectful that you are working to correct and keep it posted AND run 2 lines of businesses.

The boiling would more than likely help any of these plastics as they probably have a very stiff plastic making them up. The point of boiling is to add flexibility so I'm sure it would assist at least some.

I think it is VERY important to realize that many people buying these are newhobbists... and that in genearl when you are new you will make more mistakes in tuning in driving in expectations of what impact these can take. Now I DO believe they sould be able to take a hit better on the arms from what I've seen from other trucks and other videos. I have seen people video theirs jumping over and over off ramps that take them 10ft+ (their own personal videos.. that I'm sure you've seen some like as well). It is sounding like most people can't take them over small jumps at this point without breaking.

But that is working to be resolved it sounds and there are things you can do like boiling etc that may help in the meantime.

So has anyone taken them successfully and repeatedly off decent jumps?

You know - I don't think it will be long before you see the Himoto's off ebay. I don't know but I would guess that's part of Redcat's objective is to either stop their resale or create new models (using the same manufacturer) that are desireable and different enough from Himoto that it will keep them seperate. You guys know OFNA GS etc are all doing the same thing. They find a product they like put their name on it work with the manufacturer, and keep rights to the production/distribution.

Anyway... that's why I bought mine (the 1/8th buggy). I had a feeling these were solid cars and they would be the next manufacturer producing "name brand - NONbashed" cars. I got mine dirt cheap when you compare it to Kyosho ofna etc.

SPEAKING OF THE 1/8th... some other people run out and buy that one!!! IT is an awsome buggy and we need some more consistent posters in the 1/8 buggy forum. It's VERY Obvious to me these trucks are popular based on that. but these buggies are insane and can take a mean jump and impact. (I got a .27 for less than $290 when I got mine - but I don't have someone as helpful as Darin if something goes wrong on mine - and the prices on the Himoto's on ebay have been going up too I think.)
Old 01-24-2006, 10:59 AM
E.T._2

i got the RED CAT rc VOLCANO stx, which is the same as the tyrannosaurus!! i had a great experience free riding the flat lands of a public park. a few donut and the right side of my wonderfully cheeply made RED CAT rc car shat itself, at the mer thought that a traxxas rc would whip its a**. (check out traxxas videos for some great performance and footage).

my main concern... is that, if RED CAT is working on improving their rc cars; what happens to the consumer who has already bought a car, that is falling apart during every run. i have yet to finish a full tank of gas. i personally believe that we should be supplied parts free of charge and shipping until better parts are made and we can modify our rc cars with stronger and more reliable part,
FOR THE CONSUMERS RED CAT RC PLEASURE!
[sm=idea.gif] E.T._2 [sm=idea.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23355.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	394421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79090.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	394422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48464.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	394423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36002.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	394424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dp83905.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	394425   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lc47159.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	394426  
Old 01-24-2006, 11:53 AM
rtweet28155

well i tryed to keep it running thats why i crashed it i realy think that the company needs to start refunds
Old 01-24-2006, 12:02 PM
rtweet28155

maybe is red cats products where as good as yall let on that i wouldnt have all these problems i have had a r/c pro work on it and he is haveing problems with it this man races all over the world and has over 25 years exp. in rc feild the idle is the reason that it has been broken arms twice and a shreaded gear set
Old 01-24-2006, 12:52 PM
synergism721

Dude!? R U mistaken, or WHAT!? Ya think Himoto is shippin' redcats to China for resale in the US??! Redcat gets 'em from Himoto, or the same place as Himoto does in China. Himoto will be sellin em around the world long after redcat gives up on you guys. I haven't had a single problem with any of the Himotos I've bought on e*ay. But I also thought the 1/10 truck looked weak in the e*ay pictures and haven't tested one, YET! Right now, sounds like the Redcat guys are competing for your after xmas crash dollars. They seem to be runnin' their business as if it were Amway!
Old 01-24-2006, 03:39 PM
trpastor

Synergism- I guess you are speaking to me.

What I'm saying is this. A manufacturer is making these cars. Currently putting Himoto on them and selling them where they can. If someone in the US wants to secure the US market so they can sell them at prices that they can actually make a profit on - they will stop the resale of them to non dealers to sell to the US at discount prices. IF the US dealer can agree to buy and distribute enough of them. Thus securing the market for the US dealer and also guaranteeing they will have a consistent buyer or their product.

OFNA came out of nothing. They are in CA I believe and they sure as hell aren't making buggies in CA. They found a manufacturer that they contracted to buy their buggies and put their name on.

I could be wrong but this is what it seems to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.