Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Tracker Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 12:19 PM
fastplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker Question

I have only been rc flying for 15 months. I am not familiar with Tracker radios.
I am in hunt to get first computer transmitter.
Please explain what a Tracker is. Is there a web site that has LOTS of useful info?
How do they compare with other higher end computer tx?
Where to buy?
Are they sold in Houston, tx? If so where?
Thanks.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:55 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Tracker Question

Not really a "top end" radio but is value packed:
8 channel
99 model memory
built in scanner
synthesized frequencies (so you can fly on any channel)
...and the basic mixes of most radios plus p-mixes.
only $200.00!!

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c....category.12/.f
Old 02-19-2005, 10:22 PM
kempie

Does anyone have an actual PDF product manual for the Tracker III? Itching to learn about it, have one on back order b/c the value is obvious. Something to read in the mean time would be terrific. (Mr. Polk, if you read this, any update on the availability of those chips?)
Old 02-20-2005, 10:40 AM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

Simply go to www.Polkshobby.com and down load it. Polks Hobbies keeps all their manuals on line just like all the manufacturers do. Go to the web site and you will find it.

Cheers,

Chip
Old 02-20-2005, 10:08 PM
kempie

I've been all over http://www.polkshobby.com and have found no catalog on the Tracker III. Can you be more specific, perhaps provide me the actual URL? Many thanks!
Old 02-22-2005, 02:27 PM
lewispolk

We will have a manual up at the beginning of March. Please be patient, but you can look for features in our add in Model Aviation every other month.

Yours truly,
Lewis Polk
Old 02-22-2005, 04:40 PM
wcmorrison

Your post did not say Tracker III, so I assumed you meant Tracker II which has the 99 memory set. Polk answered your question for you.

Cheers,

Chip
Old 02-05-2006, 03:24 PM
flying hamster

I just got a new Tracker III and am trying to set it up to run 2 elevator servo's, from channels 2 and 6. It's for a U Can Do and I tried every combination in the manual. I DO NOT want to use a Y aileron fitting, reverse the horns, inline servo reverser plug, etc I want to do it with a PMIX 2 and 6. Please help? Thanks. Andy
Old 02-06-2006, 02:36 AM
skypilit

I have had the same problem with a U-Can-DO and what I did was use ch 2 & 5 with a p-mix -- m=>s 100% m<=s 0%. Set the p-mix to sw-E (which is ch 5). You just have to make sure the ch 5 switch (it is a 3 position switch) is in the middle for proper operation. You can then set up each side of the elevator independently of each other for tighter control. I have not played with it since and I still want to try different things to see if I can get it to work better. I am not sure (I have not tried it yet) but I think you can set all 3 of the trows of ch 5 (3 position switch) to the same number and it will not move the one servo if you bump the ch 5 switch. You will see what I am talking about when you try this. Hope this helps.

Dave
my hanger:[link=http://skypilit.rcuniverse.com]skypilit.rcuniverse.com[/link]
Old 02-06-2006, 09:08 AM
flying hamster

Yes thanks Dave, I found that combination by accident and it works great. I called Polk's and they said this function will be available without assigning a switch, later on. They assume that any mix demands use of a switch but they are working the issue. I know when programming logic controllers, they use what is called a virtual switch which doesnt exist in the real world, it is a memory address which thinks the switch is always on or off. Anyway, it worked. out. Andy
Old 02-06-2006, 04:53 PM
skypilit

Good deal. Yes, I was one of the first to complain about the "must assign to switch" thing because of my U-Can-DO and having a "shoot down" switch. I am glad they decided to put this in their first upgrade and I am looking forward to getiing it.

Skypilit
Old 02-08-2006, 04:43 AM
flying hamster

I'm not too worried about voiding the warranty, I will permanently solder one of the switches for this purpose so the radio sees it as "on" all the time, but I am sure they use a PIC programmable chip and could do an easy upgrade but you are looking at $40 after shipping, service, etc. But the transmitter would look terrible if we put a ribber band, glue, etc to hold a switch in the on position.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:03 PM
skypilit

Well, don't do that yet. If you want an easy fix now, take a wheel collar and put it on the switch so it cannot move (it only works on three pos switches in the middle setting). That is a nice easy temporary fix. The nice thing about the T3 radio is you don't have to send it in for an upgrade. There is a slot by the battery where you will get a chip to insert in that slot and VOILA. Your radio is upgraded. No shipping, no waiting. The only cost will be for the price of the chip as a refundable deposit. If you send back the chip, they will send you back the money. Just make sure you back up all of your settings first, because I hear it nukes all your settings and you have to reprogram everything after an upgrade. Here is a link to an Excel spreadsheet I use to back up all my stuff:

[link=http://hurtless.com/mas/trackeriiisettingsversion_1_2.xls]hurtless.com/mas/trackeriiisettingsversion_1_2.xls[/link]

Sometimes a few models survive, but the last time I had mine in for the gimbal repair, all my models were nuked.

skypilit
Old 02-08-2006, 10:47 PM
rockom

Last I heard, maybe one to two more weeks before the update is available. That was several days ago. This probably means software is being tested before official release.

-Rocko
Old 02-10-2006, 07:05 PM
skypilit

Good deal. I have been reading on the Polks Hobby forum about some of the Beta versions of the software and ther have been a few bugs, but hopefully they will be fixed soon.

skypilit
Old 02-12-2006, 08:47 PM
rockom

New software is shipping in new radios. Upgrade cards available soon!!

http://chat.polkshobby.com/cgi-bin/u...c;f=1;t=000168

-Rocko
Old 02-14-2006, 01:49 PM
braceforimpact

in case you guys didn't see my other post, I just ordered a tracker III and it is supposed to be the updated version, they are working on the cards to get out to people who already have radios.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:51 PM
braceforimpact

any info on the manual for this thing? just got an e-mail that my radio was shipped, hopefully there's a manual in there that tells about the updates because I can't find it online anywhere? any idea's?
Old 02-15-2006, 02:01 PM
JSGILL

The latest manual is available on our web site at www.polshobby.com. All new radios are being shipped with the latest software.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:02 PM
braceforimpact

sorry guys, the new manual is up on the site as of today. it's on the home page under the left bar "support" i think. havn't had a chance to look at it in detail.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:11 PM
rockom

www.polkshobby.com
Old 02-17-2006, 11:02 AM
JSGILL

There has been some question about servo chatter with the SEEKER 6 receiver on 6 volts. I have just run a number of test with multiple receivers and servos including Hitec, Futaba, GWS, Polks, MRC, Horizon.
I found that ALL worked rock solid with no chatter, till I tested CORELESS. The coreless had a small amount of hunting when in position. I have not checked DIG. Servos yet. But I will let you know.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:29 PM
balsabuster2003

Just a note: cell c13 in the spreadsheet should read Chnl 1, not Chnl 2.

ORIGINAL: skypilit

Well, don't do that yet. If you want an easy fix now, take a wheel collar and put it on the switch so it cannot move (it only works on three pos switches in the middle setting). That is a nice easy temporary fix. The nice thing about the T3 radio is you don't have to send it in for an upgrade. There is a slot by the battery where you will get a chip to insert in that slot and VOILA. Your radio is upgraded. No shipping, no waiting. The only cost will be for the price of the chip as a refundable deposit. If you send back the chip, they will send you back the money. Just make sure you back up all of your settings first, because I hear it nukes all your settings and you have to reprogram everything after an upgrade. Here is a link to an Excel spreadsheet I use to back up all my stuff:

[link=http://hurtless.com/mas/trackeriiisettingsversion_1_2.xls]hurtless.com/mas/trackeriiisettingsversion_1_2.xls[/link]

Sometimes a few models survive, but the last time I had mine in for the gimbal repair, all my models were nuked.

skypilit
Old 02-20-2006, 03:54 AM
skypilit

Good eye. That is correct. OK it's not perfect, but it gets the job done. I have made a quick correction and it should be OK now.

skypilit
Old 02-21-2006, 03:48 PM
braceforimpact

I just got my trackerIII and i'm home sick, wich lets me play with this thing some. is it possible to have dual expo rates that follow the dual rates? I would like to have D/R on air,rud,Ele with seperate expo one for low rate one for high. is this possible or no? if anyone can help me out i'd greatly appreciate it, thanks... Kevin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.