Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado XP

Old 02-11-2006, 08:57 PM
gatorswinall1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado XP

Just got buggy. Broke in (3 tanks, 20% easy going up and down a long driveway) and on fourth tank, floored it, spun out and ran into car. Had to replace left front steering parts. Once put back together, we are having a hard time tuning in. The symptoms: Floods easy, hard to start (on starter block with new GPs), idles real high (will take off).

If you got a nitro that you knew nothing about about the settings. Where would you start? Idle adjustment shows carb about 1/16" opening. What would you do next? Adjust the idle mixture screw next? Then the needle valve? What setting would you start with? We have tried: 2.5 turns from closed for both. Still floods, stalls and idle highs. We (my son and I) have made so many small adjustments, we just don't know where to begin now. Frustrating! Since we are new, step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated!! Mike and Mike
Old 02-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Tornado XP

Where in florida? I am in clermont. If your close take a ride over some day and we can tune it for you. If interested, drop me an email @ [email protected]
Old 02-12-2006, 09:40 AM
gatorswinall1

In Windermere. I talked with you on the phone not long ago. Are you guys racing today?
Old 02-12-2006, 02:34 PM
gatorswinall1

Got the idle down. A fine dance between the idle screw, throttle linkage settings and low speed adjustment. However, we kept having stalling and we could not get it not to take off. However, while starting it, we noticed a noise that did not sound good. Took the motor off to see if something was broken and found the spring to the clutch shoes was broken in parts. Could this have been the problem all along? (Stalling, not getting the idle low enough).
Old 02-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

No we were racing quads today on the track.. Drop me an email sometime if you want to come over and race the cars..