Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 10:25 PM
levid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Trucks

Hi everyone i have a Redcat truck, it's not as durable as a buggie i heard so i'm not talking about the buggie so people don't get mixed up with the redcat problems that are different in a truck and buggy i have expericend nothing good about the trucks as soon as i got my truck i broke the steering arm and rear hub got it fixed and played with it at the local school ground and broke the stearing servo arm and the back shock mount remind you that i'm not jumping or doing anything crazy if you go to redcatracing.com and watch the video you see the difference between the buggy and truck but you also see that the truck do flips in the air, land and go right back to driving... now in my experience that didn't happen to me so the video probably had good crashes and bad crashes that didn't break parts on it but all i know is i spent $320 with everthing and spent additional 30 bucks to fix it and now having to spend another 30 bucks to fix everthing that broke after only having the car roughly about a month. I guess I should of waited and bought a Traxxas at least i could of ran over bumps and different ground surfaces and go over rocks without breaking an axle or two so hopefully i'm the only one with these problems i hope anyway if theres any different parts that are stronger or hold up please tell me so i don;t spend anymore money on parts i understand that these trucks are a hobby...but.....not evernyone can afford to spend $100 a month in extra parts just to play and drive these trucks...i consider this to be fun hobby, but to be honest i don't see why i'd need to spend so much money when i've only drove the truck for less then an hour the ENTIRE time i've had it....maintainence and up keep is totally understandable...but i don't want to end up spending 1,000 on a truck that is worth only 200 or less..it starts to feel more like a money pit to start to try to have a hobbie. sorry for all the negative feedback thats all i've had with my 1/10 volcono stx TRUCK
Old 01-15-2006, 12:03 AM
N3W2R/C

Default RE: Redcat Trucks

my truck wont talk to my remote or even trun the wheels when i turn on both of the remote and the servo, can i do anything to resolve this probelm
Old 01-15-2006, 12:33 AM
N3W2R/C

like i said earlier i just bought a volcano stx and i cant hardley get it started, evenworse i cnat get the remote and the truck to communicate, so basicly i have a piece that dosent hardley run and with no remote. i sure hope someone else can help me because i am about tojsut throw it away. i am sooo frusterated at it. i have got it to run once. i feel so bad saying this because i saved up to buy this and wheni got it the thing wont even run, and on top of that i have no working remote with it. i need some advice on how to get the motor started and how to get the remote working. any piece of advice willl help. please i am begging yall to respond i am about to give up hope.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:32 AM
synergism721

I have a Himoto 1/8 truck with a 27. Minor expected probles so far.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:10 AM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am the owner of Redcat Racing. Please email [email protected] if you are having problems with your controller. We will replace it under warranty if within 30 days.

Regarding starting issues or help needed with starting, running, setup etc.. please go here: www.redcatracing.com/faq.html

We will be monitoring the Redcat threads on this board.

Thanks

Darin
Owner Redcat Racing

Old 01-15-2006, 11:26 AM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

this is a good sign to see the company owner here to watch feedback of their products. inturn, this could lead to quicker upgrades of the common issues with their products. welcome to rcu redcatracing.
ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

I am the owner of Redcat Racing. Please email [email protected] if you are having problems with your controller. We will replace it under warranty if within 30 days.

Regarding starting issues or help needed with starting, running, setup etc.. please go here: www.redcatracing.com/faq.html

We will be monitoring the Redcat threads on this board.

Thanks

Darin
Owner Redcat Racing

Old 01-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Xeller8

ORIGINAL: N3W2R/C

my truck wont talk to my remote or even trun the wheels when i turn on both of the remote and the servo, can i do anything to resolve this probelm
I realize this thread is about the 1/10 trucks which seem to be having a lot more negative feedback than the buggies...especially the 1/8...but I am here addressing the controller issues...

Send it back in to Redcat and let them replace it...although...more than likely it will be the same controller (just like the one that came with the truck) so people may STILL have probs if these are replaced with the same type/brand..

As with MOST "ready to run" kits...the electronics in them are pretty much just obligatory to back up the "ready to run" claim...although it's a nice gesture...in essence...they suck...

I suggest doing what I did...before I even STARTED mine (1/8 buggy) I went to Hobbytown and bought a good FM digital controller (JR racing) and it included the receiver and servos...all for just over 200 bucks...yes..it sucks to spend even more...BUT...even when doing that you will have about HALF AS MUCH MONEY into a good ride than you would with the more popular brands (Kyosho...Traxxas..etc...)..

Upgrade your electronics and see what happens from there.

Old 01-16-2006, 07:36 PM
N3W2R/C

i just calle dthe recat company and told them my probs and they are sending me a whole new remote system; remote and reciever. i though this was really considerate of them
Old 01-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Xeller8

Yep...they seem very eager to please....that great support!
Old 02-06-2006, 12:32 AM
nitro_racer_1
My Feedback: (2)

i have a himpto syclone buggy turned truggy, and if u noticed the truck and the buggy are basicly the same, and i think thats the problem, i have no complaints with the buggy, its fast and surprisingly durable (and i bashed it hard), but i dont think the buggy chassis can suport the trucks different shock setup, i think that himoto should have used a toatal different chassis for the truck instead of using the buggy's, they would have had alot more sucsess with it. maybe they will figure that out eventualy (himoto is Redcat racing, same thing)
Old 02-13-2006, 11:48 PM
htchevyii

Don't waste your money on Redcat garbage! It's not that much more expensive to buy a quality car to begin with. I ordered control arms (that always break) and they sent me the wrong part and won't return emails. I bought a Traxxas and It's 10x the machine and I can buy parts at any hobby shop, should I need them. Hope this saves someone a headache.
Trey
Old 02-14-2006, 01:42 AM
nitro_racer_1

dude ive been into rcs for 5 years and i have a traxxas and a hpi and my truggy and frankly a have had more problems with the traxxas and hpi then my buggy. and i paid half the price for it
Old 02-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Xeller8

ORIGINAL: htchevyii

Don't waste your money on Redcat garbage! It's not that much more expensive to buy a quality car to begin with. I ordered control arms (that always break) and they sent me the wrong part and won't return emails. I bought a Traxxas and It's 10x the machine and I can buy parts at any hobby shop, should I need them. Hope this saves someone a headache.
Trey
Learning how to drive would be a great start..

O.K...BUH BYE NOW!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:42 AM
nitro_racer_1

i agree
Old 02-23-2006, 02:11 AM
rczero21

HEY EVERYONE MY NAME IS JERRY DOWNHOUR I AM A REDCAT RACING DEALER. I SELL REDCAT RACING RC CARS ON THE INTERNET. I SELL ALL THE MODELS FROM THE 1/10TH TO THE 1/8TH AT THE LOWEST PRICES ON THE INTERNET. I ALSO SELL ALL PARTS FOR ALL MODELS AT A VERY AFFORDABLE PRICES/ SHIPPING ON ALL PARTS ORDERS IS ONLY $5.00 PER ORDER NOT PER PART. I HAVE RECENTLY LOWERED PRICES ON ALL MODELS SO PLEASE GO CHECK THEM OUT. IF YOU NEED ANY PARTS PLEASE E MAIL ME AT [email protected] AND I WILL E-MAIL YOU BACK TO LET YOU KNOW THE PRICE OF THE PART.

SO HERE IS THE URL TO FIND THE LOWEST PRICES ON REDCAT RACING NITRO CARS TRUCKS BUGGIES AND PARTS

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~rczero21/id1.html

IF YOU CAN NOT CLICK ON THE LINK PLEASE COPY AND PASTE

REMEMBER THESE ARE THE LOWEST PRICES ON REDCAT NITRO RC CARS PERIOD...
Old 02-23-2006, 02:22 AM
Xeller8

DUDE!...while we welcome everybody aboard...especially dealers...you have made your point MANY times in several threads...

You are reaching the point of SPAMMING!

Might I suggest just putting your dealer info as your signature line like all the other dealers do?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:07 PM
2115Rg

me too, you got to crawl before you walk .
Old 03-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Kemo

I just wish they had a truggy [:-]
Old 03-13-2006, 11:26 PM
ehroof

buy the buggy + $40 for rims and tires and bam, you got a truggy
Old 03-13-2006, 11:29 PM
RedcatRacing

We are in the process of totally reworking the manuals.

Yes they are funny to read as for some reason the Chinese sure can make a nice competitively priced product but they have no clue of the english language or what is needed in a manual.

Darin
Old 03-14-2006, 12:04 AM
j-boy

could ya'all elaborate on the buggy to truggy thing? wheels and tires and thats it? seriously? Sounds cool and way to easy to be true. Best I've done so far was to add ride height clips to my shocks. Looks neat but I think I need to take em out of the rear shocks. Nosedives somethin fierce. That is ofcourse on the few occasions that I work up the nerve to bash. Dang those a-arms. Wonder if I can get em Wholesale[>:]
Old 03-14-2006, 01:21 AM
redman1

I think redcat makes a good product.The design is smart and simple
and my truck flies bring on traxxs,or hpi i can hang.The most important thing is
taking good care of your stuff and having a mechanical mind to repair it,they are a lot
like real cars and trucks a lot of the concepts are the same.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:40 AM
thecool1

ORIGINAL: N3W2R/C

i was having this same probelm. open your reciever on your truck (where the batteries are) and check to make sure all your wires are plugged in cause mine come loose sometimes and then i lose all my controls.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:50 AM
ehroof

so far "knock on wood" i havent really broken anything. i hit a curb once and the steering arm popped out of the bottom screw, i just popped it back in place, straightned to dogbone and screwed it back in. My gears look fine, i have taken it for many high speed runs down the street. Only problem i see is the body(very brittle, cracked when i cut out the engine and pullstring holes) and parts availability. I would suggest buying several of the front end parts , a arms, steering arms, and dogbones. If the shocks break get new aluminum ones and get a can of air to blow the gears clean(unless you have a compressor). i think people have been having problems with the gears because small rocks are getting stuck and need to be cleaned out.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:13 PM
jeeperscreapers

my wheels are in the mail.... they should be here friday then maybe i can get yal a pic with my jet black 1/10 truggy with the aluminum door type mounts and hubs... and hopefully titanium turnbuckles by then!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.