Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
62.26%
No
6.60%
Some times
15.09%
Hate it dont get one
8.49%
love it tell all your friends
7.55%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Do you like red cat

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Darthen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you like red cat

Do you like Red cat
Old 01-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Doahh

Default RE: Do you like red cat

Service in my oppinion is A+
Old 01-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Xeller8

They seem to have a pretty good product for the money so far...and for all the naysayers I have seen in other threads...you need to remember this company has just broken in to this market...so...as with ANY company venturing into a new domain there WILL BE problems at first and Redcat seems consistant with wanting to help with any problems that may arise and customer support is crucial...if we keep giving them feedback (good or bad) they will have something to work with and it will help improve the product line as time goes on..

In essence...I really like my 1/8th Hurricane XP buggy so far!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Whats Red Cat?
Old 01-18-2006, 11:55 PM
R/C fan-addict

yeah what is it?
Old 01-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Xeller8

Redcat is a company based in Arizona who started out importing and selling ATV's and Dirtbikes back in 2003 and have now entered into the world of R/C Nitros...

For more information and a kickass video check their website: www.redcatracing.com

Here is a Redcat thread that has been ongoing for a while now: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3705430/tm.htm This thread has been mostly about the trucks but there has also been ongoing discussion about the buggies as well...there are also links to other threads about Redcat in this thread...but this one has had the most ongoing discussion and the most info about BOTH lines offered. (Trucks AND Buggies)

Yes...there have been some problems (as with ANY new venture it is to be expected) but Redcat has been EXCELLENT about customer service and supporting their products and the owner of Redcat himself has been on our forums to answer questions and help out with any problems....these people really want to work with us to provide a great product at a lower cost....check them out.

I have a 1/8 Hurricane XP Buggy and so far I LOVE it!...I feel once the bugs are ironed out and a few things are improved they will have one hell of a product line at a great price!
Old 01-19-2006, 12:58 PM
jakjr

I'm liking the 1/10 nitro buggies, I might look into getting one once I sell my T-maxx. I take it there are no hop-ups available for them though?
Old 01-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Xeller8

I'm not sure what hop-ups are available for the 1/10 yet...however I do know there are quite a few already available for the 1/8...

I highly recommend the 1/8 over the 1/10 right now...there isn't a whole lot of difference price wise and I feel the 1/8 is built better and they are FAST as hell...

Either way...give em time...they are working fast and furious to make upgrades available for ALL their models.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:14 PM
jakjr

Well the thing is, I've already got a 1/8th buggy and don't really want another.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Xeller8

If you already have a 1/8...what the heck do you want a 1/10 for?..

What size motor are you running?
Old 01-19-2006, 05:45 PM
NitroRunner

For the price of these things you could get a brand name, quality vehicle. I was thinking about one of these a while back but then I priced some good ones and changed my mind.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:35 PM
jakjr

ORIGINAL: Xeller8

If you already have a 1/8...what the heck do you want a 1/10 for?..

What size motor are you running?
Mostly just to be different

My 1/18th has a .25 in it but it's getting pretty old, been wanting to get a .21 for it but I don't mess with it too much anymore so I've just been buying stuff for my other RC's.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:58 PM
RC30GTR

I am not bashing it or anythin but What i dotn understand is that RedCat cars are bascially Smartech based. Why nto just spend less money and buy a smartech? They are the same.. like identical
Old 01-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Xeller8

Well...for starters it looks like a good share of the Smartechs on their site are 1/10's...so I don't know if you are talking about them or the 1/8?

IF you are talking about 1/8...I think the Bazooka is the same car as the Hurricane XP...or close enough to it for comparison purposes and the Bazooka doesn't stand up to the Hurricane XP in neither the price nor what you get for said price..

Smartech 1/8 Bazooka....3.5cc nitro engine/tuned exhaust...top speed 50mph......$405.00 rtr

Redcat 1/8 Hurricane XP....4.43cc nitro engine/tuned exhaust...top speed 80mph.....$369.00 rtr

Check both sites and compare ALL the specs on these 2 and on the 1/10's and see what you think.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:51 AM
tashspop
My Feedback: (1)

i'm thinking about trying to work my way into a buggy, and was wondering if i could get some opinions. why would i choose the redcat over say an ofna ravenger or mbx or ultra lx? i don't really know much about the differences between buggies other than looking at their size and engines.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Xeller8

Well...obviously it's a given that most everyone is going to recommend what THEY have..

All you can do is check em all out...compare specs...prices...parts availability...customer service/support...etc...and then make your decision from there...

BUT...so far...I love MY Redcat.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:37 AM
xilix

ORIGINAL: Xeller8

Redcat 1/8 Hurricane XP....4.43cc nitro engine/tuned exhaust...top speed 80mph.....$369.00 rtr
Dude, c'mon. 80mph? That's a little hard to swallow. I'd have to see video and a radar gun to believe that.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Xeller8

LOL!!!....I actually think thats a little off myself....I think maybe they mean KPH not MPH...

Either way....these things ARE very fast!....the 1/8 Hurricane XP is almost overpowered in my opinion...(great candidate to "Truggy")..but dang FUN!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Eldorada

I have a Volcnano STX and love it. I have run over a gallon of gas through it so far and it runs perfectly. I'm new, and this thing ran great right out of the box (idle was a little high). I've rolled it over a few times (a couple of times going fast), banged it into a wall pretty good and run it in a very dusty field usually. (blown off with compressed air after). Haven't had to work on it yet. I take it kinda easy for the most part but I feel for the cash, these are a great buy. Customer support is top notch. Parts were delivered via Fed Ex in 2 days (spares I ordered). Can't wait for the upgrades!! Keep it up Redcat!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21289.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	405333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78113.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	405334  
Old 02-18-2006, 07:33 PM
stampede100

redcat u guys arer awsome, i cant wait till u come out with rpm, i think u blow all other copetitors out of the hole, i mean c'mon i paid 185.00 for my vulcano newin box and it goes 60 mph, traxxas cant get me a stadium truck that fast for even close to that price, again i hope u com out with rpm parts soon keep u the great work guys awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 02-22-2006, 03:12 PM
djmarc

i just got the eldorada from a friend who had it 1 day and broke it then found out he couldn't get any parts at the lhs. he then bought a t-maxx and gave me the eldorada for fixing his computer lol. only downfall so far is the parts are snapping on it like crazy (could be the cold weather, i dont know) and i have to wait for parts. heard alum. parts r coming. CANT WAIT!!!!

Old 04-16-2006, 04:55 PM
K9MPFTW

So the kyosho mp 7.5 sport rtr has a top speed of 45 MPH, The hurricane xp is said to go 80 MPH?? I dont understand how this thing is that fast. If thats true i just bought the wrong car
Old 04-16-2006, 05:20 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a single speed 4x4 volcano with a .18 engine, redcat claims it can do 60+mph, well unluckily for them i also have a radar gun, the volcano stx does 31mph, the tornado xp does 41mph. I dont think that redcats claimed speeds are on the money!
Old 04-16-2006, 06:31 PM
nitrosteve22

I have a Tornado XP and for the most part its been pretty good. It's done more cartwheels and flips than I can count,one head on with a curb and one head on with a cyclone fence post and smacked it hard enough to bend the tip of the chassis and pull the exhaust pipe forward right off the manifold without breaking anything. I'm working on my second quart cause I only run when the weather lets me,that and the engine has been a pain in the butt to tune but thats partially my fault,and the engines fault to! I swear this things engine hates me... I'd rather go pop some 7.62x39's through it and go buy an O.S rather than mess with it anymore cause this thing has really hit every nerve in my body (but I'll try a few more times,armed with new knowledge... but after that... If I get no cooperation this purple headed sucker is going down!!) It is hella fast thought,finally loosened up second gear enough that it shifts and shifts well. Got almost a quart through before the stock clutch springs broke (have a spare though). Stock clutch bell and stock spur gears still lookin good.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:54 PM
pom08

I've had my Volcano for 2 months now and the only problem I have had is stripping my diff gears(p/n's 08014 and 08015). Other than that, now thats it's tuned right for the most part, it runs great. Also put in the clips for the shocks to keep the rear end from pushing down too much and seems to have worked out cery well. The only problem I have with Redcat is the jump in prices for the hop-ups. They lost money from me on that end. All in all, I would recommend this truck to people.

As others have done too, I added a fuel filter and change the radio out to a Futaba system. Drives like a different truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.