Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

trx 2.5

Old 02-14-2006, 08:11 PM
zackesch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trx 2.5

is the engine worth it? what is the run time? does anybody have problems with them?
Old 02-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Wide Open

Default RE: trx 2.5

generally they are a very inconsistant engine. some of them will tune easily and run great, and some wont run worth s**t. my friend bought the nitro rustler with the 2.5 and has had nothing but problems with his. its not an engine id personally recamend unless you are very good at tuning engines.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:43 PM
zackesch

ive been haveing trouble tuneing mine and im learning how to tune them. its a pain in the @$$.so i was looking for a upgrade engine, a .12 size. im looking for one that is easy to tune and keep it, and one that will give me a better run time. i was looking at the os cv-r, but it seams like i get the same run time with it.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:58 PM
NitroRunner

I have a jato and a tmaxx. the 2.5 in the jato runs amazingly the the one in the maxx is kinda off sometimes. ive gotten used to tuning them though.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:52 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

I hear there good engines, you just need a different carb on them, and your good to go.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:30 PM
zackesch

what run times are you getting?
Old 02-15-2006, 05:56 AM
RcRacer37E

I bought two 2.5r ehgines, one went in my rusty and one into my bros rusty, mine, the threads were stripped in the carb (hsn) so had to fix that, my bros is fine, mine runs great as does his. Would have to say the carb is the weak link in that package.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:56 PM
kuhndog599

my trx 2.5 has been great. i've had experience with one in my old rustler and my new. i sold my old one to a friend and the total amount of gas thats gone through it has been over 5 gals.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Blitzz

I have a 2.5r on the way...I hope it works out for me!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:29 PM
zackesch

i was told it can get run times of 20 minuets when it is tuned properly
Old 02-20-2006, 04:14 PM
gschofield

Hello, I recently bought a t-maxx and I'm having some trouble. After initial break-in I started to tune and I have had nothing but trouble. I've taken it back to factory setting several times but nothing. My problem now is that when I pinch the fuel line the machine revs up after about three or so seconds and dies...good, but when I hit the gas it bogs and then goes. Top speed seems to be fine but the thing is over heating. After about a half a tank of gas the engine starts to bog down and go slow, then it stalls. No matter how rich I run it it still does this. Traxxas support said to check the pipe and the line going to it, which I did and everything is fine. Again, factory setting don't seem to help. Once the engine cools it will start again. Please, anyone help.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:26 PM
unclezesta
My Feedback: (1)

it sounds like its overheating to me. i was having a lot of overheating trouble until i made painted up a proline body for it with cooling holes. that has helped it run better, but still as wide open said (i am the friend) the engine is pretty darn inconsistant. i had a lot of trouble starting it as well. a pull start for it helped that a lot. i would personally go with an os because they are rediculously reliable. as long as you dont get one of their, lets say, 50 dollar ones, they have a lot of power as well.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:10 AM
gschofield

Does traxxas have some sort of system where if the engine overheates the engine boggs and stalls??? Also, any idea how I fix the problem of the engine lagging on the bottom end, while keeping my idle low enough that the truck doesn't jerk forward?