Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

need your help please !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 08:39 AM
wizard026

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need your help please !!!

i plan to buy an 1/8 scale buggy to got at my local race track (dirt). But its hard to make the right choice between these buggy's:

- Hyper 7 PCR or PBS (RTR) with .21 8 port
- Mayhem with JR pistol radio and .26 engine
- Hyper 7 with Mach .28 engine

Guys could you help me to make the right choice telling me witch one is the most rigid, durable and winner on the race track for a RTR buggy. i know that its not always thrue when "bigger is better" !! tell me about engine power....

Thanks guys
Old 02-27-2006, 08:50 AM
jonnymac

Default RE: need your help please !!!

Well I'm not an expert on all of these engines but for what its worth I would go with the hyper and the 8-port. I like the PCR version.
not all tracks allow engines over .21 so that may count out the others and the 8 port is quite a nice engine.
Hope this helps
Old 02-27-2006, 09:08 AM
dcs

I would suggest in checking to see what your local hobby shop stocks in parts and go with what they have parts wise. You can always get another motor. You don't want to be racing and having a good time and break something and have to put it up because your LHS doesn't carry the product line you need for your car.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:35 AM
wizard026

my local hobby shop stock all parts for all of these buggys. the major question is: witch one is a high quality product and reputation on a race track ? all is based on quality (parts, engine power and durability). What brand of buggys is the top at your local race track ?
Old 02-27-2006, 10:02 AM
mgtman

ORIGINAL: wizard026

my local hobby shop stock all parts for all of these buggys. the major question is: witch one is a high quality product and reputation on a race track ? all is based on quality (parts, engine power and durability). What brand of buggys is the top at your local race track ?
the top brand at most of my local tracks is kyosho followed by the mugen and the xray .and for those mentioned above i own both the mayhem and the pcr and honestly the mayhem was way more durable on the track then the pcr but as some mentioned before there are some tracks that restrict running anything bigger then a 21 then i would suggest the pcr but if not then definetly go with the mayhem and just incase you didnt belive me here is my pcr and my mayhems

Old 02-27-2006, 10:52 AM
wizard026

mgtman,

is there a big difference about engine power (tork and top speed) between PCR .21 and Mayhem .26 ??
Old 02-27-2006, 11:20 AM
mgtman

well if you look at the pcr pic it has a 2 speed in it so it was a little different but in stock form the mayhem was very fast and even top end with the pcr stock, there might have been a little difference in power in the mayhem but not a big difference that you would be looking for between the 2 [8D]