Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Simple Problem Please HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 03:05 AM
Mr. Nance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple Problem Please HELP!

Hello everyone, i am having an issue on my antenna wire, the plane is a cessna 182 3 channel, and i accidentally unplugged it from wherever it came from! where do i rehook it up? and how? thank you all, im desperate.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:36 AM
polstery

Default RE: Simple Problem Please HELP!

antenna wires don't unplug you RIPPED it out it solders into the black box that all the other wires are going into, you'll have to take the box apart and look for the torn wire.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Mr. Nance

So how exactly am i going to be soldering the wire back in, am i out of luck? Or should i take it to the hobby store? thanks for your reply.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:56 PM
MKMotorsport

you'll need to take the reciever case apart and find the broken wire connection. Antennas are not plugged in anywhere, they are soldered to an IC board. Antennas are tuned to an exact length based on the frequency. If this all sounds greek its probably going to mean buying a new reciever.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Mr. Nance

Thanks again, could you recomment a receiver? will i need a new controller as well? Is it easy to install for a fairly uninformed r/c pilot like myself? Thanks