Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Old 02-23-2006, 02:24 AM
Xeller8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Himoto / Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

*post edited due to the spammer being removed*
Old 02-23-2006, 10:03 AM
nick69910

hey everyone i waas wondering if it is possible to put volcano stx wheels on a tornado xl and if you can put a 2 a speed engine gear and moderate gear seton the tornado xl.

nick

tornado xl
Old 02-23-2006, 10:31 AM
mikedumas
My Feedback: (20)

hey all if anyone needs parts for these things let me i got em, these cars are great begginer cars, and there cheap!! i own several with mixed upgrades,well take care!!! redcat rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:33 PM
micho

Hello all,

Newbie to the RC world. Recently bought an Atomic Warhead 1/10 buggy from ebay for $145 I'm glad to see other people that own these. I thought I was alone. Great cars IMO. Having alot of fun and learning alot. Ohh and YES i broke the control arms already.

Seems to be the same as the redcat Tornado XP, parts and numbers all match.

The guy on ebay has a website and I found parts here:

http://www.topspeedtoys.com/RGC10106.html
Old 02-24-2006, 07:56 AM
shamelessbill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to install a .21 engine in my 1/10th buggy. There are several for sale in the classifieds on RCU but I need to know wich will bolt up with the least amount of mods.

Like this one http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=171879

Any input is appreciated (direct links to ads would b GREAT)

SB
Old 02-26-2006, 09:45 PM
nitro psyco

i was wondering when will the aluminum part will be here for the tornado xp or xl plastic is killing my wallet if any dealers have the let me know thanks
Old 03-04-2006, 12:46 AM
jeeperscreapers

Welp I broke my steering arm and door type mount on my buggy today and then i fixed it with some epoxy and it lasted for another hour or so til it broke again!! but this time i lost my axle that turns the wheel lol.... so i just took it out of the other side as well and also took the axle out that goes from the gears to the front... so i guess its now officially a 2wd until i get some parts in. I was curious if neone has tried drivin it with 2wd instead of 4wd.... generally what would be the pros and cons of 2wd compared to 4wd????
Old 03-04-2006, 09:09 AM
shamelessbill

1st difference is you WILL smoke the tires quiick on pavement (I'm shopping for new ones now)
2nd it appears the top end is higher
3rd not much good off the street with 2wd, it tends to just spin out and around.
I am having so much fun on the street I'm going to convert it to street only.

PS; I've had this for 3 weeks and can no longer resist the urge to build a ramp. I'm land in wood chips but will be driving from the street to the ramp.

My first jump will be over my 6' privacy fence....Video to follow. Then up up and away! I dont think the 1/10 has the juice to clear a house but I'm going higher and higher till a parachute is required or i have to buy a new one. @ <200 each its worth it!!!

Bill
Old 03-04-2006, 11:18 AM
jeeperscreapers

6 foot privacy fence is a hella jump..... It's almost lunch time here and I re epoxied my parts overnight ... they seem hard as a rock so I'll get to try her out today with 2wd.... I'll prolly convert her back to 4wd though as soon as my parts come. I cant wait to c the video !!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 01:32 PM
jeeperscreapers

Well my buggy held up today after i let the epoxy set overnight!!! I rolled it 2 or 3 times. flipped it 2 or 3 times and made it do a damn cartwheel lol!!! BUT I dont really like the 2wd.... In my opinion the 4wd blows it away..... on the road its to hard to control, it just wants to spin tires or do donuts... and on the grass you can get her goin straight but the tires just spin the whole time so basically u have the throttle maxed out the whole time bcus the tires wont catch.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:27 PM
jeeperscreapers

Well I went ahead and put the axle back on made it 3wd lol.... it works way better than 2wd..... this buggy is FAST!!!!! By the time I hit 2nd gear it's goin to fast for me to control lol, so I still havent seen how fast it'l go .... but im VERY IMPRESSED with this redcat buggy! Oh yea I summersaulted it several times , it kinda looked like the redcat video lol flippin over and over again . I never though it was gonna stop lol , and I still havent re-broke my parts i fixed ( knock on wood ) !!!
Old 03-04-2006, 06:38 PM
shamelessbill

I fckng RULE!!!

I decided to hell with fence, went to the local HS (Lassiter for anyone in GA) and JUMPED the COCOCOLA STAND!!!.

It was about 12' high and the buggy went about 18' in the air.

There was damage.....

Blew out 2 shocks, broke the rear A arm, when starting the buggy the throttle return spring broke off so I had 1 shot at it and could'nt slow down, rolled at 1/2 speed in the PL till I was ligned up and flew like a bird!

The video isn't so good and is on a super 8 camera so i need to convert it to post. When it landed (on the roof) then bounced to the pavement on the other side the rear differential smoked .

This is the most fun I've had in YEARS.

SB
Old 03-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Xeller8

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!...you ROCK Bill!

I can't wait to see the vid!
Old 03-04-2006, 08:22 PM
jeeperscreapers

U NEED to post that video ASAP!!!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 08:46 PM
ehroof

anyone know how to adjust the transmission in the tornado xp? is it the same as other cars with the hex screw in the trans? one or two screws? i only saw one. trans still wont shift though, turned counterclockwise. just got the buggy yesterday, broke it in and couldn't get 2nd gear out of it.
thanks
eddie
Old 03-04-2006, 08:53 PM
jeeperscreapers

I'd like to know to..... mine switches gears but i need like a quarter mile to get it into 2nd gear.... by the time it ever switches i have to be goin near full speed cus its flying!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 11:38 PM
jeeperscreapers

I was wondering if it was important to run your buggy with a top on it..... bcus most of the time i just run mine without a top on it for tuning purposes..... just wonder if this is gonna hurt it????
Old 03-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Xeller8

Oh heck no that won't hurt it...it'll actually keep the engine cooler....however....you run the risk of damaging other things (servos...linkage...etc..) in the event of a roll over on an uneven surface such as rocks and dirt and stuff...but other than that...as long as you didn't roll over on something that the wing wouldn't help keep you clear of you are fine....

For you guys asking about adjusting the trans?...well...experiment with it and let us know how it works.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:52 AM
jeeperscreapers

Anyone know a website that has a good selection of rims for the 1/10 buggies at a reasonable price..... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 10:19 AM
shawnTXP

I need some help on tuning my tornado xp engine. I can't seem to stop the thing from taking off on me when i get it started. The rpm's are pretty high and when i set it on the ground i have to be totally prepared to drive it.

And on another note, to the people at redcat racing, you all are awesome, especially Violette. I had bought the STX at first but due to a manufacturer problem I had to send it back (after about $100 in parts they had sent me to fix it at no charge!) Then she had sent me my Tornado XP instead and overnighted it to me and I've been runnin' ever since. So thanks again redcat!!!

Shawn Keene
Ft Knox, Ky
Old 03-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Xeller8

See the tuning help thread.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:07 PM
jeeperscreapers

I really could use some help gettin my tranny to shift earlier.... I looked under the hood and saw a few screws that looked like they might help but i didnt wanna go torqin on screws lol....
Old 03-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Xeller8

LOL!!...

well if they screw in AND out they are probably adjustment screws of some type...I don't have one of the Tornados so I can't offer any advice other than to experiment and see what works and what doesn't.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:58 AM
wildspeed

Check http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3937071/tm.htm you will get the answer for the shifting.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:13 PM
snowolf

check the spring on the clutch it might have came off this will make it engage the clutch while still at idle

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.