Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

redcat, you shouldnt show that video on your webpage

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

redcat, you shouldnt show that video on your webpage

Old 03-06-2006, 06:08 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default redcat, you shouldnt show that video on your webpage

I wonder why everyone is complaining about their redcat cars breaking, did you people see the video on their webpage showing how you can drive your car into a chainlink fence doing about 30mph, then flip it about 6-10 times and just drive away. what did they do? Make the cars and trucks in the video out of kryptonite?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:22 PM
platinumchopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: redcat, you shouldnt show that video on your webpage

i crashed my tornado alot, like end over end cartwheels, with out breaking it (just bending the frame), but i got lucky each time, now my Revo has never broken and it has be bashed to its limit and back, but no breakage....yet..because every rc will break sooner or later if its bashed hard!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:27 PM
ehroof

If you go to other websites, they show their cars doing donuts, jumping, going fast, but not doing the crashes, endo's etc. like redcats. i am almost 100%sure if you do stuff even remotely like that you will break something. How could you not??
Old 03-06-2006, 06:38 PM
platinumchopper

yeah, they shouldnt show crashes
Old 03-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Xeller8

I keep telling you people TEMPERATURE makes a HUGE difference...

The video was made in Arizona....WARM (probably upper 70's to low 80's this time of year)

Platinumchopper didn't break...Texas...WARM (probably about the same as Az.)

ehroof broke stuff...New York.....COLD..(30's-40's...maybe pushing 50 now and then)

I broke stuff....Nebraska....COLD..(30's-40's...pushing into mid 50's once in a while)

This time of year if you live in the midwest...north...northwest...northeast...(basical ly north and even a bit south of I-80 across the board)...you WILL break stuff...and don't think that the few days we get here and there where we may hit the low 50's is warm either...yeah..it may be comfortable to US but plastic is affected by it and once you get down towards 50 and below plastic gets more and more brittle...they call it the "glass point" and some plastics have higher glass points then others and just a matter of about 5 degress or so can make the difference of breaking or not...

Just the other day the temps here in Ne. were in the mid 60's...I had both my buggy and truck out hammering on them and both of them had similar crashes (cartwheels...etc.) that they did the first time around...(mid to upper 40's maybe pushing 50)..I broke stuff on both vehicles...the other day (low to mid 60's) and I didn't break a thing and the buggy even pounded a curb head on doing about 30 or so...the same thing it did when it was 10-15 degrees cooler and wasted the whole left front suspension...

So..try to keep that in mind people....I bet when spring gets here and the temps are consistantly in the 60's and 70's and above you won't be breaking stuff like you are now...

Of course...you then will probably be biotching about the cars running too hot.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:41 PM
platinumchopper

totaly true!
Old 03-06-2006, 07:51 PM
ehroof

ehroof didnt break anything xller8, just saying that if you have an rc vehicle and you slam into a chanlink frence doing 30mph, no matter what temperature it is, and flip and endo it about 10 times your most likely going to break something. What they are showing in the video is that you can flip, crash and beat your rc to death and nothing will break. I DONT THINK SO. I hit my REAL car with my jato and broke the servo saver, not because it was 40 degrees out but because i was going 40-45mph and hit my tire. That all, nothing more or less. Temperature does have something to do with it, but come on, beat your rc to death with no breakage, give me a break.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Xeller8

Breaking is breaking...

They did what they did in that video and kept on driving and more than likely a good share of the reason is because it is WARM there...so I just didn't see any real reason to gripe about the vid...

Just like that guy who jumped the house and drove away...I'm sure no manufacturer advises doing it...but it shows what the buggy could POSSIBLY withstand....

The reason I posted what I did was to beat all the naysayers that live in the colder climates to the punch...the ones that have been whining incesently about what pieces of crap their buggies or trucks are because they have broken stuff...ie: "Yeah no kidding...I ran over my foot or a pebble in the road the first 10 minutes and broke...waaaa waaaa waaaa"...well...if you hit stuff at the right speed or the right angle you are going to break....DUH....if it's cold out the chances of breaking multiply....DOUBLE DUH.

I didn't mean any offense towards YOU personally at all...but why biotch about the vid??....did they say ANYWHERE on the vid or the site "Go beat the living crap out of this and it won't break"??...I doubt they even crashed them on purpose...it was probably stuff that just happened as they were ripping around and filming.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:55 PM
chopper22980

Well I guess i'm one of the ones who are"WHINING INCESENTLY".I'm the one who broke his volcano on his foot.So I would almost bet my life temp had nothing to do with it.It was in the upper 60's that hit 70's later that day,when my volcano broke apart.So lets blame it on the temp and not the way they are built,yeah right,give me a freaking break.So I guess the temp would make the clutch springs what? freeze?or something to break they way they do.I think everyone who has invested in redcat products or any other for that matter.Has the right to say whats on his/her mind.Without someone calling them whining,or anything like that.I still have things breaking all the time,but hey it was my choice to get into this.Ive just got a little smarter about it.I order more then I need,so that way I have almost no down time.Ive learned to be more patient,after all it is a hobby.I know I will probaly get blasted for this reply,but hey its all good,I can take the heat.This is just my opinion.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Xeller8

Nope...yer not gonna get blasted....YOU have stayed in it and have learned patience and that it's all part of the hobby....I'm talking about the ones who had NOTHING to say except "These things are pieces of crap..don't buy them..etc"...those are the ones who take them out of the box and start bashing on them like they were 800 dollar rigs and expect them to take it...then piss and moan when they break stuff...they are the ones who can't accept that maybe they broke due to user error...

As far as the clutch springs go...I have seen several people having probs with them...but I haven't had any probs with MINE so far so I have no opinion on those and I made no mention of the clutch springs in the first place anyways...I was talking about things breaking IN A WRECK or when overly abused...

Just as you are entitled to voice YOUR opinon...so am "I".
Old 03-07-2006, 12:50 AM
bluecaka69

im in montana crazy weather up here broke mine on my sons rubber ball at 15 degrees on the other hand a week later it was 70 something jumped tornado about 5 feet over fence rolled fliped and did all kinds of weird stuff and drove it away so yes i belive temp has alot to do with your cars when plastic is cold its very brittle which on the other hand causes it to brealk alot easier than when its warm it tends to have more flex just like car windsheild if you turn on defrost with a cracked window in the cold window cracks more but if its warm window doesnt crack
Old 03-07-2006, 04:48 PM
djmarc

well i need to know someting then if temp is an issue with redcat then does traxxas use a cold temp plastic???? cuz my friend and i were both running our trucks his is the tmaxx mine the volcano and i was just driving it in an OPEN feild and presto a rear hub snapped i replaced it and went back out (the tmaxx is still running) drove it about 2 minuets and presto another hub (tmaxx still running!). and it was about 35 degrees outside. the other day it was 45 + outside again driving in an open field and presto not 1 but both front shocks snapped!!!! hmmmm sounds fishy any comments? i think im trading in the pinto (volcano) for a caddy (tmaxx) !!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Xeller8

Even temps in the mid to upper 40's will affect the plastic...

As for comparing the Volcano to the T-maxx...well...thats comparing apples to oranges my friend..

The Volcano is a 1/10 and the T-maxx is a 1/8...just look at the size difference and design of the hubs ALONE...there is quite the difference...and they very well COULD use a better grade of plastic...who knows?....but I think it's more shear SIZE...thickness and design more than anything...

If you want to compare the 2 here are some important factors you should consider..

The T-maxx is priced anywhere from 380 to over 500 bucks to start depending on which model..

The Volcano is priced around 249 and under depending on where you buy it..

An open field you say?...well thats great...these should be run in an open area...however if you were snapping stuff I'm sure it wasn't a very SMOOTH field to begin with and add to that the temp thats probably why you broke the hubs...the T-maxx has WAY bigger tires and a longer wheelbase and wider stance than the Volcano therefore will travel over rough terrain in a much smoother fashion as the bigger tires and footprint will absorb more shock...as for both front shocks snapping from just running across a field?....don't know what to tell you there....sounds pretty odd to me...

But there you go...these are 2 ENTIRELY different machines...you can't pull a Volcano out of the box and expect it to keep up and do the things you can do with a T-maxx....again....apples to oranges...and if a T-maxx would make you happier go for it!...they are great trucks but it's unfair to judge the Volcano based on the T-maxx.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:26 PM
snomax1

ford chevy dodge come on guys its the owners.wha wha wha,you beat um you break um.I take care of my tmaxx2.5 and have never had a prob.so there u go.have fun.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:58 PM
Kemo

Why NOT show the video? Its showing how strong the vehicle is after the crash it made. Just to see it drive off is the point! It sells cars and trucks... good to have it on the video.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:09 AM
ehroof

My point was that i dont think any rc can take that kind of beating, and since people on this forum are complaining about breakage and the video shows the rc's getting beating then would you not say it's not a good idea to show people that. I dont think any radio controlled vehicle was built to slam into a chain link fence.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:31 AM
shamelessbill

I have to disagree, All wrecks are different and the damage can be anything from none tom extensive.
With that being said, all wrecks are driver error or faulty equipment. If it's faulty equipment 99% of the time it's still the drivers fault for not doing a thorough inspection of the vehical before and after each run. ( were all guilty of that).

If you read through the damage threads a majority of them have statements like " I was driving the car then wanted to see what the reverse switches on the controller does" or "after i hit a curb at full speed" or "it wouldn't turn any more".

I think as long as we remember these are inexpensive (comparatively speaking) TOYS we will be OK.

Personally I like to break my toys.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:59 PM
jeeperscreapers

yea i dont think a chainlink fence is that bad.... it has more flex than the ground does i think.... and theres been several times i barely wrecked at like 10 mph and tore up several things.... but also i've flipped it like 5 times in one wreck and not break nething..... but i'l also add that the things only broke when it was cold outside..... i've had several big wrecks(worse than the redcat video) in 60+ weather and nothing broke!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:09 PM
ehroof

the video also shows it slamming it into a curb, then the car jumps in the air after. So from what everyone is saying, I should be able to slam my rc into a chain link fence as fast as i can, slam into a curb as fast as i can so it jumps into the air, then if it breaks call redcat and say "i did what your video did so i want my money back or a new car." I just think its not a great idea to show that video since its not the proper way to treat your rc. Its one thing to jump on some moguls on a track or make a small ramp etc, but i think what they show is a little overboard. If you guys think its not to bad then make a video of your car slamming into a fence at top speed and a curb at top speed. According to you its fine and nothing should happen.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:11 PM
jeeperscreapers

well, I don't prefer my car to do this.... I don't think the car was going very fast when it hit the fence.....but like i said earlier.... I've had some very minor wrecks that broke a lot of stuff, BUT I've had some horrific wrecks where it landed on its wheels after flippin 5 times or so then keep on goin!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:13 PM
jeeperscreapers

I think it's a good marketing technique personally...... just my opinion though
Old 03-10-2006, 08:16 PM
ehroof

Do you agree you shouldnt slam your rc into a fence at full throttle? Slam into a curb so hard that it jumps in the air? Thats all i am trying to say. The company should show their product being used normally. Jumps, open throttle, doughnuts, hill climbing etc.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:26 PM
jeeperscreapers

I don't agree you should do that.... I do agree its a good marketing pitch!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:29 PM
ehroof

Thats all i was saying! Excellent for selling, not what you should do.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Xeller8

LOL!!

Can I get another AMEN!!??

I will agree it could give some of the kids the wrong idea that these are indestructable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.