Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:31 AM
ScottHarp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Well, in Darins defense and Redcats. Maybe, just maybe, he is sorting through all the "stuff" and trying to come up with the best possible solution, that or given your tone of your posts there is nothing Darin, or any Redcat dealer (like myself) could say that would be satifactory to you. This is just my opinion by your posts. I am in no way representing anyone at Redcat Racing. I am only giving my opinions, take them for what they are worth.

You say, and I quote "it's not that i propose that they do anything.... By stating this, even you do not know what the solution is or what you would like it to be. You have not helped your situation by "calling them out" all that has done is make a somewhat bad situation worse.

I do know that Redcat Racing grew at a rate NOBODY expected. Darin is doing things to rectify thses situations but these things take time. You cannot simply put bodies in there and start having them know what they are doing. Training takes time. Trust me, if he filled the phones with people that had no idea what they were doing that would be a cause of griping too.

Now, IF you had dealt with a Redcat Racing dealer, I bet you would have gotten a little better service. I am only saying this because Redcat is better suited to deal with dealers than end users. No excuses, just the way it is.

I have always found it better to deal with a local dealer than over the internet/mail-order. I like to have a person to "go and gripe to". The local dealers are more apt to satisfy your needs one-on-one than the importer.

Just my .02 and not worth that...
Old 03-20-2006, 12:37 AM
levid

well ehroof...................that's cool......i'm glad you're truck has RAN soooo great..... did you read the part that I've had the truck for almost FOUR months...LOL... yea some parts have broke more then once, obviously they are WEAK... and yes I have talked FIRST hand with the company...do you not know who Darin is that I keep referring to ??? he's the man that is representing redcat.... that's why I keep asking him to post... we've been in contact with eachother..and now he won't post.... you guys act like I've had my truck for a week and i'm whining and *****ing about it....i've had this for almost 4 months...and done nothing but just try to play with it, I've been in contact with darin and taken it to my lhs..almost been laughed out of there because they've never seen something like this and they don't carry parts for it....... I have been laughed at by my friends who have better trucks...and you all talk like I haven't done all the things you suggest...i've been on this board alone since january...done all the suggestions by others... taken my truck to experienced friends and the lhs..... basically all i've been told is it sounds good, starts good but is extremely weak...........but yes...... I bought the truck and the starter pack which (with shipping and handling was 260 bucks) and since then I have broken the truck 3 times.. (the three times I've taken it out) if you are NOT new to the boards you probably know that i've posted many times and have posted every time it's broke and have even tried to sell the truck.... and yes after shipping it's cost roughly 50 to 60 dollars each of the 3 times it's broken for me to fix it...so add it up....it IS OVER 400 bucks.... so thanks.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:42 AM
blackdogafd

hey guys i just like i have said in the past i have a HiMoto Syclone and the thing is absolutly awesome. i have however already broken the left front lower arm ( my fault of course) nitro buggies dont like slamming the curbs lol!!! but anyway the throttle servo just went out and now it wont work at all. but the steering servo works just fine. i think its all in the servo and the radio what you all think???

any feedback wouldbe great thanks!!

1/10th HiMoto Syclone (3.0cc)
Old 03-20-2006, 12:45 AM
levid

ScottHarp thanks for your 2 cents...but first off, yes I bought this offline..and the dealer I bought this from didn't want anything to do with the problems...so then I turned to darin and yea at first he was VERY supportive I even posted on here a couple of thank you's to darin and his team for helping and being there but it's been months since he's been here to help those that are driving his trucks and as far as local sellers, here where I live...they have never even heard of redcat..and when I showed them my truck...they were like "what is that?" So of course I'd love to as you say "have a person to go and gripe to" but here in washington state...they don't even know what a REDCAT is......so my person to go and gripe to is THIS BOARD...hello...i'm not bashing on anyone...you say i like to have a place to go and gripe to so WHERE DO YOU PROPOSE I DO THAT?? other then this board where maybe other's are having the same issues or similar that might understand where I'm coming from, last time i checked this was free country i can say what i want about redcat, i'm not degrading or bashing anyone in particular... so what is the big deal??? isn't that what this board is for, or is it only if you have GOOD things to say about the trucks..??
Old 03-20-2006, 12:49 AM
jcam54

unplug servo and inspect for short or dirt.

replug servo and see if works. If not don't worry a new throtle servo is pretty cheap @ 15 bucks with shiping on tower

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXH288&P=ML

that is the one i use and it works just fine.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:53 AM
jcam54

let me ask you one final ?.....what do you want done about your truck?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:54 AM
blackdogafd

ok cool, i did unplug the servo once already and changed out the batteries and it work again but for all of maybe 2-3 minutes afterwards so i think if must be in the servo itself.

i was looking just replacing everything though with a new futaba radio 2ph 2-channel system
Old 03-20-2006, 12:57 AM
levid

that's just it, there's nothing that can be done. I've done what I thought I was supposed to do, gotten help, gone easy.... been careful...there's nothing that can be done....i just want to express how i feel you you all act like i'm not allowed to express how i feel..... Sure I'd love for my truck to be replaced with a buggy, but that's not gonna happen...i'm not an idiot, but it seems like if you don't have the best of things to say about the truck, then you just better shut up on this board..... seems a little bias to me.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:57 AM
jcam54

this is the radio I upgraded to it works great and there is no more am twitch and greater distance/range on rececption.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXGAG4**&P=7
Old 03-20-2006, 01:02 AM
blackdogafd

thanks man i'll keep that in mind when i finally get my upgrade stuff for it, right now its just sitting on the self looking pretty lol

but here's the one i was looking at tell what you think.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXEDP1**&P=0
Old 03-20-2006, 01:02 AM
levid

One thing you all should remember this board is for everyone, not just the supporters and lovers of redcat....if I'm not happy then yea i should be able to say that...i'm not saying anything about anyone...i don't like the truck..big deal... i have that right. that's what a board is for. if you can't handle that then too damn bad...i DON'T have to feel the same as you, i haven't had the same experience as you, and you haven't gone through with your truck what I have with mine, until you do then don't say anything...... so again....i'm only saying i don't like this truck i have that right. If any of you were in my place trying what i've tried and doing what i've done... you'd be frustrated too....... you all want to defend and make excuses that's not my point....i've been easy on it...i've gotten professional help with it, i've drove it carefully and yet still it's broken..... stop telling me i'm not allowed to state my opinion...for all those lovin' the trucks i don't try and tell you not to love it....get off it.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:04 AM
jcam54

no just tireing of hearing the same negative stuff rehashed...it seems that unfortunately you are haveing the worst probs with the product.
If your truck is fixed run it again and if you, excuse me if it breaks again ebay it and be done with it.
I'm sorry you have lost such hope for a hobby/product that will always need upkeep and replacements regardless if parts are made out of plastic or alloys.
Any input/opinion is welcome...but it's kinda hard to not get bent out of shape about all the negative when so many others aren't experienceing it.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:09 AM
levid

so many people count all the different names that are on here and see who has all these problems and it's not like i just keep butting in and posting...people keep posting asking me something or posting and i reply...simple as that....it's not like everyone on here is ignoring me and i just keep posting...I get people posting to me and i reply.....that's all.... hello...??
Old 03-20-2006, 01:15 AM
jcam54

not what I'm saying at all

1 You have right to opinion

2 We have right to opinion

3 I'm saying...what @ 2 pages of the same it broke, I wasted my money, no one can help me, what do you expect any of us or dealers/importers to do to help you

We understand your fustration. Trust me it's after 12.00am and I'm still posting to YOU!
Old 03-20-2006, 01:15 AM
blackdogafd

alright guys ya'll have a good night i gotta get up early so i'll check the post tomorrow. thank Jcam54. night everyone

lets all have a better day tomorrow lol!!
Old 03-20-2006, 01:17 AM
jcam54

I hear ya!

Good luck with radio/servos!
Old 03-20-2006, 01:40 AM
levid

i don't know just feal like i got ripped off thats all in all of this i should of just thrown it away after spending 50 nbucks on it knew it would keep on speding more and more money but thats not all i know it;s gonna break don't have a problem doing that or paying for it just feal like i said got ripped off should of bought a buggy maybe thats the anwser to all of this but why buy a redcat buggy and still have the same problems i don't know just wish i had a new buggy or something that you all know that is a good product and if i would say the buggy was bad then i could understand that i would be banned and noone would respond for help thanks again should of bought the buggy see ya i re4ad the forum tommorow after work thats if i can get back on withoiut someone ratting on me
Old 03-20-2006, 02:13 AM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My response to some of Levids remarks:

In January he had an issue and complained about them on this board. I sent him a bunch of parts for free to make him happy.

That was in January.

Its now March.

He has more problems with his truck.

Here is a snippet of a much longer more specific nasty PM he sent me today.

"hopefully i never meet you cause i have a whole lot of anger towards your piece of **** ruck that you sale you rippin off mother ****er

Levid is unhappy with his purchase and I am sorry about that. There are certain ways to go about things and his way was not the right way.

Darin

Old 03-20-2006, 02:42 AM
ScottHarp

Hmmmm.

I guess this just proves me right.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:16 AM
futabaed

Well I Guess the boards here were hot tonight,AND we have a new record for # of posts from the same person![8D]
I JUST CANT BELIVE I STILL CANT FIND THE IMACULATE CRASH FOTAGE VIDEO POSTED FROM LEVID.

But on the lighter side of things I took my son & truck out today to spin some broodies,my truck is running so sweet rite now.
I was spinning doughnuts ALL OVER THE PARKING LOT for 3 tanks of gas spitting 30ft rooster tails of pea gravel!
This is the first time I have not broke somthing and funny Its the hardest ive driven it! Im going to have my son film next time out so I can post the sickest REDCAT vid yet,And yes there might be some parts carnage but I will try to show whut ive been doing with my truck and whut I think there capable of.
I will be taking it out next weekend and will post the finished vid by the end of the weekend.

(EVERY PART I HAVE EVER BROKE WAS MY FAULT)<--------LIVE BY IT
Old 03-20-2006, 09:25 AM
levid

[:@]
Old 03-20-2006, 09:27 AM
levid

ya again tried to get ahold of you and jenni you were so helpful the first time and thrn nothing so ya little pist your thr president you also should know the truck sucks and you know it your self thanks again darinoremen
Old 03-20-2006, 09:44 AM
mdb4426

darin
I sent you an email did you receive it?

Mike
Old 03-20-2006, 12:40 PM
jatkinson24

WOW!! Can't believe you're a dad!! Poor kid. The way you choose to express yourself is not the way any civilized adult would act. Anyway, what happened to the good ol' days of helping eachother and not all the negativity. Levid, your point has been made. Please quit beating a dead horse so we can get back to what this forum is really about.........helping people (like myself). Thanks in advance.

BTW: My Volcano runs GREAT!!!

My .02

JR
Old 03-20-2006, 12:51 PM
thecool1

i had a few initial problems. but once i got those taken care of my truck runs great and i beat the crap out of it with no more problems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.