Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

airfoilz yak-55 distributor

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

airfoilz yak-55 distributor

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 09:52 PM
leblanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airfoilz yak-55 distributor

Hi I am looking for a distributor for an airfoilz yak. I have spoken to the people a 3dxhobbies and they weren't given me answer to some stuff that I wanted to know, like their address, they didn't even want to tell me were they are?! So now I am looking for another large distributor that I know that they wont just charge my credit card and not send me the airplane. So like a company like towers, or a large distributor thats more known...

I don't know if you guys understand me just ask me if it's unclear

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 03-21-2006, 11:55 PM
blue ice
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: airfoilz yak-55 distributor

I think 3DXHobbies make the plane themselves. I ordered one Monday from them myself. They seem to have a good rep if you check rcgroups.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:47 AM
leblanc

Do you have any idea where they are located?
and asides 3dxhobbies, anybody else?

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 03-22-2006, 03:49 AM
blue ice

They have a kit for sale here in the want adds. http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=178911
Says Edison, New Jersey. I wouldn't worry a lot. You are protected with your credit card. A lot of the foamy kits are made by people that bought a laser cutter.
From everything I have seen they are good people to deal with. I purchased a Yak kit and a Hacker motor from them. They told me motors wouldn't be in for a day or two.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:13 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

What are you worried about?? 3DXHobbies is the maker of the Airfoiz Yak and I got mine there without any hassle and they are really good people. About 95% of all RC companies are just small home based or garage based companies and thus don't want you to know their "home" address. I'm not sure if 3DX is home based or not, but I have met the owner at WRAM and he's a really nice guy. I ordered a plane and it showed up 3 days later.

If you really want to know where they are do a WHOIS for 3DXHobbies.com or reverse lookup for their phone number. Nothing is a secret anymore with the web.

Also check out his seller rating on RCU marketplace, that should sum up what kind of person he is.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...gs&memId=31905
Old 03-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

WHAT! If you called me than I would have answered all your questions, all the info in on the website- http://3dxhobbies.com/store/cart.php?page=contact_info if you call the number you are talking to me Paul and only me. Sorry to be harsh, but I work very hard at great customer service, a post like this gets me going as I don't recall speaking to anyone on the phone and me not giving them answerers to their questions.

ORIGINAL: leblanc

Hi I am looking for a distributor for an airfoilz yak. I have spoken to the people a 3dxhobbies and they weren't given me answer to some stuff that I wanted to know, like their address, they didn't even want to tell me were they are?! So now I am looking for another large distributor that I know that they wont just charge my credit card and not send me the airplane. So like a company like towers, or a large distributor thats more known...

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 03-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Furyflyer2

ORIGINAL: blue ice

They told me motors wouldn't be in for a day or two.

The motor is still not hear I ordered them 3 weeks ago and they shipping the motors last week wed and I paid for 3 day select and I have still not gotten my order, so I'm calling them today (hacker) and see what is going on. I'm very sorry for the delay.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

LeBlanc,

As others have said... you won't have an issue with 3DXHobbies... they are the SOLE distributor for the products and basically owned by the same entity.

I am a web designer and was hired to design the Airfoilz site. Prompt payment. We've done some other design work for flyers, banners, etc. and I promoted trade between us. I recieved everything quick as a whistle.

The company as far as I'm concerned is an upstanding, customer-oriented company. Not sure who you could have talked to, but sounds liek a wrong number...

I would not hesitate to order your plane(s) from them online or by phone.

You're gonna love the plane.

Oh... and it's a Yak 54 not a 55 ...

ORIGINAL: leblanc

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 03-22-2006, 10:22 AM
leblanc

Thanks guys,

Just for the heck of it can someone write the number here so that I can speak to paul? And I am looking for the hacker combp with the 1320TP pack and blue.

Im sure it was the wrong number then, must be....

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 03-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Furyflyer2

Store number is 732-406-5726
Old 03-22-2006, 11:39 AM
blue ice

Fury, hope u dont think I was bashing you cause that is not how I was trying to come accross. I have full confidence in you and your business. I was trying to help you make another sale. I am quite impressed with your lil plane. Thats why I ordered it from you without a second thought. Please just remember, blue blue blue, and get them there Hackers in. I will be waiting like a 3 year old getting up on Christmas morning.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Furyflyer2

ORIGINAL: blue ice

Fury, hope u dont think I was bashing you cause that is not how I was trying to come accross. I have full confidence in you and your business. I was trying to help you make another sale. I am quite impressed with your lil plane. Thats why I ordered it from you without a second thought. Please just remember, blue blue blue, and get them there Hackers in. I will be waiting like a 3 year old getting up on Christmas morning.
no I did not think you were bashing, I called Hacker and the motors will be here tomorrow, so I will send yours out prority mail. I know the feeling of waiting in anticipation.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:56 PM
DogAddict

Now the only question is Hyperion or Hacker. Decisions, decisions.

DA
Old 03-25-2006, 07:43 PM
leblanc

Thanks guys,

So now i m going to phone you Paul sometime this week and order the yak-54 (my mistake for writing 55 ). Hopefully this time it will be the right phone number.... lol

Thanks

LeBlanc
Old 03-26-2006, 12:45 PM
blue ice

LeBlanc,
Just to let you know, ordered my plane on Monday and Paul said the motor was due in next day or two. Post man delivered plane on Fri and brought motor on Sat. Sure looks like a lot of pieces for a foamy!!
Thanks for the Gr8 service Paul.
blue ice
Old 03-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Furyflyer2

Looking forward to hearing from and BTW we have a new promotion free shipping on http://3dxhobbies.com/store/cart.ph...&category_id=31 combo using this code- K3IAESJZ
Old 03-26-2006, 11:56 PM
leblanc

Means that I just give that code to you, and I get free shipping?
Cool, but I live in Canada, would it still be free?

Thanks

LeBlanc