Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:57 PM
white_mexican5
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Himoto / Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

thanks a bunch guys

i think im still leaning towards the xl though cause im only 12 years old and dont have a lot of $[]
Old 04-07-2006, 12:31 AM
martinanderson

Well I got my hunk of junk japan .18 engine tuned today after about 15 tanks of fuel, the funny thing is, is that i was making fine adjustments and just couldnt get it no matter which way i went, i got mad and started turned it 1/2 of a turn and wow this thing moves now! i just got completely lucky but i do know now i will never buy an engine that only has 1 tunning needle because i think they suck big time. i am just happy i stumbled on to the setting. about 2 mins. after she was going good the set screw on the ujoint on the rear of trans can out completly and only the front wheels turn and have no brakes, it dont go very good with just front wheel drive, hopefully i can get it going tommorw.

Hey popper how was the beach?? did she run good in the sand. bahamas was awsome didnt want to come back at all.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:41 AM
blackdogafd

hey guys i just found out that the "TSAIS" exhaust system part number E1018H will fit the 1/10th buggies with side exhaust.

http://rchub.com/Merchant2/merchant....tegory_Code=SB

this is the link to it check it out!! its well worth spending the $$$$

I am also in the process of finding out what parts from different companies will fit these buggies.... i did find out that the O.S. engines .18 engine will fit in these cars, i havent got the exact part# yet but i'm workin on it

http://osengines.com/engines/osmg2104.html this is the o.s. engine i believe will work, but i need some feed back from some of the older rc's here that know just a little more about it.... here's a pic of it installed on a HPI car
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11817.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	440367  
Old 04-07-2006, 12:56 AM
blackdogafd

this is fun figuring out what parts will interchange with these cars
Old 04-07-2006, 11:04 AM
nitrosteve22

Is it just my buggy,or does anyone else's have a noisy drivetrain? Yesterday I finished taking out both front and rear diffs,cleaned and repacked with bearing grease along with every single bearing in the car was taken out,blasted,dried and regreased and its still a bit noisy,not nearly as noisy as before but everything turns super smoothly! Thinkin about switching down to a single speed cause with both gears in that center plastic case it binds ALOT causing an insane amount of drag in the drivetrain. That and the brakes,is there a way to keep that brake disc centered or inplace? It wiggles around causing drag when it bounces off the brake pads back and forth,and I cant loosen the pads up anymore or I'll have no brakes!

I figured the added stress might be one of the reasons I cant get this engine to run at a normal temp but I dont think its gunna help any. I cant get it rich enough to run cool and stay running. I know the idle is set correctly and it smokes plenty and a tank lasts quite a while but even if it does like to run hot,270F-300F+ on a low 60F day without the body is a bit much. Might just disable the temp fail safe and let the damn thing cook itself so I can go buy a new engine . Still love the buggy,just having some minor issues is all.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:11 AM
blackdogafd

hey just a questio, but when do the diffs need taking apart and regreased? i have not done it yet
Old 04-07-2006, 04:14 PM
martinanderson

I took my nitro rustler proline chevy body i got when i bought my ruslter new and started cuting it up, i wish i would have taken more time but i didnt know it would fit this good and i also put some foam on the front of the body to help cushion the front bumper from hits, i made this for my bashing body. take a look tell me what you think

Name:	Ig12024.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	440579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62941.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	440580  
Old 04-07-2006, 04:16 PM
martinanderson

more pics

Name:	Pn35402.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	440581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76107.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	440582  
Old 04-07-2006, 05:02 PM
fun hawg

hello

this is the first time I have posted anything. Ihave been looking at all the entrys and decided to list some of the things I have done to my xp. To start out I have discoverd that most of my trans gears wearing out was because of the soft cast clutch gears wearing out and taking the plastic spure gears out. I replaced the clutch with duratrax two speed bell with replacible gears. Street force gp part#dtxc7136 with gears part#dtxc7186 and dtxc7191 they say its aluminum but the are steel what a differance.
you have to make a spacer or use shims between gears to get the proper spacing. Use bearings 5-8-2.5 mm use one stock shim inside clutch and shim for proper end play on the end of clutch. Screw on second gear then spacer and then first gear. check for full alignment on spear gears. Remove pipe and post for upper mount to be able to see.
WORKS GREAT LASTS A LONG TIME HAVE NOT WORN OUT YET!
Also the hpi mt2 sterring arm set works to . Ihave replaced all bushing in gpm parts with bearings. you have to shim top of posts to proper height. also on gpi C hubs use 4-40 washer in front of hub to take up slopp and shim front axle to reduce play. All these gpm parts shure look nice and work well. Iput a jr ht servo purple arm on to works great. Not to impresed with tiger drive. Hope these things will help . Before I forget I used traxes throttle sping cut to lenth for two speed clutch it is softer and works great total adjustment is posible. Ialso used tower hobbies nylon shoes and spring from ther truck st-15 Ithink fits right on fly wheel and spring does not break nylon does not wear out steel clutch bell also used hpi rs4 header with stock pipe it has been the best combo I have found yet make sure to port out manifold to fit gasket on ends. IT SCREEMS!
with all these metal parts I like the plastic a-arms so something can break when you hit something. It sure is fun tricking it out.

good luck from the FUN HAWG
Old 04-07-2006, 05:14 PM
1500cc

I broke down and bought a Tornado XP, partially from all the comments in this thread .... thanks guys!

I can't believe how fast this car is. When it hits second gear it's going so fast I pretty much have to start braking since it's getting away so quickly (although that problem has been solved by it not shifting into 2nd anymore )

Like many folks, I've busted the front steering arm and door-type mount. Some crazy glue has it back running again for now. Before I buy plastic replacements, anyone know if I can get aluminum parts for these?

Lastly, anyone thought about putting a bumper on the front to protect the tires? Seems that most accidents are head-on, so a bumper might reduce some of the impact. I might need to work on this while waiting for parts.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:08 PM
blackdogafd

Hey guys whats up? thought i would post some pics of here, of my syclone. just installed some rear shock spacers from a traxxas T-maxx, they worked awsome. just left on the stock upper spring retainer cause the t-maxx spacers are a tad bit bigger round. but it did bring the rear end up and made the rear more firmer so it doesnt bottom out.

check out the pics

Name:	Tr51503.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	440768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87446.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	440769  
Old 04-09-2006, 02:28 PM
fun hawg

In the respose to my last entry that steering arm set is gpm purple looks cool .

I also found out on the clutch that u can use insted of steel first gear. it is aluminum and you do not need to machine a spacer for it ia billet machined and is much better than stock. all you have to do is file off 1mm from coller and works great part # is duratrax dtxc7126 all these clutch parts I bought at tower hobbys they have specs and car model # which is great for finding better parts .
Old 04-09-2006, 02:47 PM
fun hawg

HELLO AGAIN OUT DRIVING MY XP AND FOUND THE TIRES WERE FULL OF DIRT. MAKE SURE TO SEAL SMALL HOLE IN WHEEL WITH SILLICONE.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:26 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you actually need the small hole to let the tire breathe while its hitting bumps, most people are putting holes in their rims. LOL
Old 04-09-2006, 06:27 PM
jcam54

hey guys thought I'd pass this on to you!!
Cen Racing has a new 1/10 buggy out and acording to rc driver magazine it runs a vx-18 motor (3.0). But on www.cenracing.com it is called a nx-18, looking at the pics on their web site the only difference I can see is the stamped name on the side of the block.
Any ways here's the real reason I'm posting it here....recomended tuneing for this motor!! See what they recomend.....

http://www.cenracing.com/downloads/E...oc%20NX-18.doc

Maybe this will help out some of you!

P.S.---if I'm wrong about the motors....you can't blame me 1+1=3 LOL!!
Old 04-10-2006, 12:02 AM
speedchris

Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

I recently got the 1/10 buggy w/ a .18 infinity team engine. After break in, I took the buggy for a drive, it went out of control, opened full throttle and stopped in the bushes. After that engine won't idle and stalls all the time I checked fuel line, fuel tank, air filter, tried adjusting the carb too... ( wich I could not find a idle nedle adjustment) Does anybody have any ideas what it could be? Thanks
Old 04-10-2006, 06:04 PM
martinanderson

Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

speedchris,

i have one of these engines also, it took me about a dozen tanks to finaly get the thing halfway tuned. there is only 2 adjustments on it, the idle speed and high speed needle valve, the idle adjustment is the little phillips screw with a spring on it right next to your carb opening and the high speed neele valve is where the fuel line comes into carb, i have my needle valve set 1 3/4 turns out, if this helps you at all and the idle so the opening of the carb is about 1/16 of inch otherwise that is all i can tell you, i am new at this although i have planes but they are much easier to tune in my opinion.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:05 PM
martinanderson

also your radio my be bad, alot of people put different radios in because of this, mine has been great for me though
Old 04-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Firefighter7

OK so I got my Tornado XP today and I was pretty excited to get the engine broke in today but.............. Well I couldnt even get the thing started!!!!!! There was fuel going to the carb put the glow plug on and pulled the cord. What am I doing wrong? Please help!!!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:08 PM
blackdogafd

hey you may have to lean out your high speed needle or richen it a tad, depending on the weather by you (remember turn right to lean and left to richen). double check you low speed and. also make sure you glo igniter is charged a good five hours or more before the first inital startup otherwise you wont get good heat from the igniter. also if you want take out your glo plug and stick in the igniter and see if it glows..

anything else just ask us we all are here to help
Old 04-10-2006, 08:10 PM
ehroof

take the plug out, put it in the ignitor and see if it lights up, maybe the plug is no good, doesnt matter if its new or not. also turn your high end needle counter clockwise 2 1/2 turns, make the low end needle screw even with the metal colar. make sure the carb opening is set 1mm open if not turn idle set screw clockwise to open and counter clockwise to close. also tighten the high end needle before you open it 2 1/2 turns. if the glow plug is good and the ignitor is charged this should get you going.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:38 PM
RedcatRacing

Need a little Beta Testing.

We are about to launch this game.

Click Here: http://220.227.46.41/flashgame/

Read the rules so you know the object. Completing a jump is nothing if your score sucks. The game is no live and therefore if you do score 1000 points you will not be entered into any drawing for a free car. We will let you know when its live.

We have had a few RCU guys check it out but this is a later version. Just looking for glitches. We already know about the spelling error for word Congrates at the end and also know about the white type on the game screen that needs to be fixed.

Just looking for more.

Let me know.

PM me please.

Darin
Old 04-10-2006, 08:51 PM
ehroof

not for nothing bro but you should be spending time, effort and money on finding out why these cars strip spur gears like they do, i am on my 4th pair in 10 tanks of fuel for the tornado xp and the first on the volcano, or at least post a fix for this problem. I am pretty advanced when it comes to this hobby and own several different cars from many different companies and have never had a problem like this. i am also an adult so i take care of my things and do check the engine tightness, gear mesh and make sure the gears are clean and free of debris. This seems to be a serious problem, if you read the posts i think every tornado xp owner has this problem. granted the gears are cheap but it a large inconvience to wait for these parts. i find myself shying away from my redcat products and using the other name brand products i have more. I have purchased my final pairs of gears, if these pairs strip too, i will just sell my redcat stuff. i understand that breakage happens but a set of gears should last at least a few tanks of fuel. sorry for the criticism but i am very fustrated with your product.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:38 PM
shadymarkny

Hello, I just want to know where can I get the Part#02014 for my Volcano STX?? I know they are out of stock all most everywhere I looked.. CAN Someone e-mail me and sell me a spare one or something.. I haven't touched my truch in 8 days and I got it like about 2 weeks ago. I miss it so much.. I will put up the photo of my truck soon when ALL the PARTS I ordered comes in.. It should look great. By the way I LOVE this truck and I have checked out some many places to buy parts from.. Evryone is very very nice. BUT there's one store out there that is a fraud. NorthJerseyHobby.com I ordered simple things as lugs and tired from them on March 24th. And it is April 11th and I still don't have it. I wrote the owner e-mails after e-mails for 2 weeks and got NOTHING back from him. So I finally filed a dipute through PayPal to get my money back. I was very angry.. Watch out people!!

Thanks,
Mark Wan
Old 04-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Popper252

Hey guys and gals, well the other weekend I took my Tornado XP out to the beach and had a blast with it. Unfortunately things ended a tad bit on the wet side. But I'll get to that later. Me and a few friends went out to St. George island down here on the florida pan handle. [sm=sunsmiley.gif]It was a gorgeous day with plenty of white sand and dunes to jump. Unfortunately my camera man wasn't all that great so there aren't that many great shots but I'll share what I have. The first one my friend decided to hit the gas while I was starting it, hence the glow plug still in the motor. The next couple are of the buggy playing in the sand. Unfortunately the sand was real soft so I couldn't pick up much speed but it was still a blast. My first problem came in that the little alen screw that holds the front axle shaft came loose and I had to take out the dog bone because i wasn't carrying an alen wrench with me to tighten it back up. So anyways that meant I was stuck with only rear wheel drive and that meant a lot of getting bogged down in the sand. So needing somthing a little harder to drive on I took it closer out to the water. Traction was hard to come by but it provided for some great doughnuts. We also decided to build a sand castle and run the buggy into that. Good times. Finally my good luck ran out though. I was running it kinda close to the water and gave it a bit too much gas and the rear end started to slide out on me. I ended up spinning it and just as I did a wave crashed over the car and took out the electronics. [sm=drowning.gif] The engine was still running when I got over to the car so fortunately nothing got in there. When I got home I ended up taking everything apart and cleaning it real well. Luckily the electronics came back after drying them all out and cleaning the salt and sand out. So all in all the day was a success, got in a few tanks of great fun. I probably wouldn't do it again to be honest with you. It's so much of a mess and you're taking a lot of risks running it in the salt and what not. But hey the experience was well worth it.

Name:	Hf98251.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	443183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47038.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	443184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu50734.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	443185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh12510.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	443186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lx21741.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	443187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Iy36406.jpg
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	443188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ya55483.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	443189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ed11476.jpg
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	443190  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yx40023.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	443191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oa22098.jpg
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	443192  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.