Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Welcome Redcat Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome Redcat Racing

I'm pleased to announce that Redcat Racing will be hosting a support forum on RCU. This is your place to dicuss all things Redcat and get the support you deserve directly from the company via RCU. Welcome Darin and Redcat Racing!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:48 AM
Midget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome Redcat Racing

oh wow, I'm guessing you saw this in one of the threads?
quote: wow seems to me that the admin should make a separate forum for these cars/trucks:quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:49 AM
naviuk

Hi,

Well seeing as this is the offical thread straight to Redcat,
Any idea on when the new alloy upgrades will be online for the 1/10 truck?
I tried surfing the site but it give a database error.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Xeller8

He made an announcement in the truck thread a few days ago.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:35 AM
pom08

Here is a good idea for RedCat Racing to get it's product out and known better. I don't know if the owner of RedCat Racing has ever been to or heard of the Toledo R/C Expo that takes place every year at the SeaGate Center in downtown Toledo, OH, but here is the scoop for RedCat Racing and everyone else..... It takes place every year during the first friday, saturday and sunday of april(this year will be april 7-9). All the manufacters and dealer showcase all thier new stuff coming out or just released. I think it would be a great idea to have RedCat products thier.It would open up a better chance to gain more dealers and become more known in the R/C world. Might pull some other hobbiests over as well. Just a thought for RedCat to think about if they haven't thought of it yet.

Also for all you fellow R/C's that haven't been there..... they have a pretty good swap shop on the second floor. If your looking for it 9 times out of 10 you can find it there. You can come across some real good deals as well. This will be my 4th year going and that's how I got into nitro trucks. Picked up a Kyosho Baja Beetle all set to go for $90. Here a link so you all can take a look and see what it is if you didn't know.

www.toledoshow.com

Happy bashing to all and too all a good night
Old 03-29-2006, 06:16 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Darin !! Now , I just want my radio to work !!! Without having to let it cool down !!
Old 03-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

AJ, I am not knocking there radio's, but as mentioned by alot of people, upgrading the radio is a good thing. People will give there opinion on radio's which is a good thing, and my opinion, you want a real good radio so you dont get ever get any glitches. I prefer the Spektrum..
Old 04-07-2006, 10:01 PM
isonf

I changed my radio to a jrxs3 digital radio. It works a lot better than the am radio that comes with the buggy. I can drive it a long way with out losing signal. I had to change the servos to a 590 and a 270. I bought the radio and the servo off ebay for 130 dollars. I would like to up grade my exhaust and manifold. does any one have any idea where I can find an after market exhaust. I also added a roto start so no more pulling you but off to get this thing started.

Frank
Old 10-07-2006, 12:03 AM
homeroFREAKINBRASILIAN

has anybodyeverheard fothe tsunami?is it good cz i wanna get it.....?
Old 10-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

One post would have been enough. Its a newer nitro so there are not that many reviews yet. Start your own post next time. There is not need to ask this question in 5 different posts. Just ties things up.
I'm sure someone that has one will post . I personally have not used one yet.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:34 AM
bmamo

hi there, is it easy to install the roto starter to these things? i just thought i might buy one.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:28 AM
123michael

i got roto on my volcano stx car it is a hsp one i think redcat made it.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:25 PM
rclynx

LOL 123michael you probably don't know it but I had to laugh. If you revers the statement you made you have it right [8D]
Old 03-09-2007, 09:27 PM
myz383

can someone tell me how to adjust my carb on tornado bb. Also what is the screw on the right of the carb on the throttle link
Old 03-09-2007, 10:05 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats the low end needle, check this out, it explains tuning: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5174647/tm.htm
Old 03-30-2007, 09:19 PM
mannyk91

hey, you guy's is the tornado xl a good dune buggie ?i mean is it worth the price?i'v heard alot about it like you have to replace the stock clutch bell and spur gear need help please[8D]
Old 03-30-2007, 09:37 PM
mashn76

ORIGINAL: mannyk91

hey, you guy's is the tornado xl a good dune buggie ?i mean is it worth the price?i'v heard alot about it like you have to replace the stock clutch bell and spur gear need help please[8D]
i have a xp and love it, the clutch bell is definately a issue as im finding out myself after about a half gallon of fuel or so. i highly recommend the car. i know the two speed will keep up even alot of 1/8 scale buggies. i was very impressed with mine, i would recommend a couple other upgrades or get a few spare parts, like front lower arms front shock plate shocks etc. they dont seem to take the crashes well. i myself always keep a couple spares of that stuff and after running it a bit you see what tends to break frequently. i go threw lower front arms the most, but i also mash. my day out ends when i have no more parts to fix it. well good luck to ya hope you get one and have fun and mash my friend.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 PM
mannyk91

hey, mashn76 thank for the reply i think i just might buy it and replace the sock clutch and put aluminum lower front arms and aluminum shock plate and also put the o.s .21 v-spec engine in it hey is the stock motor any good could it haul butt or is it slow ?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:10 PM
mashn76

ORIGINAL: mannyk91

hey, mashn76 thank for the reply i think i just might buy it and replace the sock clutch and put aluminum lower front arms and aluminum shock plate and also put the o.s .21 v-spec engine in it hey is the stock motor any good could it haul butt or is it slow ?
you might have trouble getting that motor to fit. i have read you can do it but have to drill new mount holes and move the carb somehow as the .21 is designed to mout on the opposite side of the car as the .18 and then you may have to figure out something on lining up the gears to the clutch bell. more work than its probably worth. the .18 is plenty fast, i wouldnt change it. by the way i read that hpi has a clutch bell that fits. heres a link to the forum that helped me alot.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_42...tm.htm#4207842
Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 PM
spartan8892

hi i know this is a stupid question but i have not had a good exprierance with my tornado xl[]. i am just wondering if their is a diffrent transmision tthat i could put in mine has sucked up a rock and has been obliterated[X(] so please if their is tell me. thanks
Old 04-12-2007, 10:18 PM
mashn76

ORIGINAL: spartan8892

hi i know this is a stupid question but i have not had a good exprierance with my tornado xl[]. i am just wondering if their is a diffrent transmision tthat i could put in mine has sucked up a rock and has been obliterated[X(] so please if their is tell me. thanks
yea, you can go with the two speed for the tornado xp on redcats site, i would also recommend the hpi 13/18 clutch bell or the three piece one with 17/22 gears, you can get this on tower hobbies. you will need bearings and or i used bushings on mine also available at tower hobbies. if you go with the 13/18 you will have to do a lil fabricating. the 13/18 will give you more lower end. i put the 13/18 and tornado xp 2 spd gear set in my volcano and i am happy with it. i still have everything stock in my tornado xp. even though i have had no trouble with the factory clutch bell in my tornado xp i wouldnt recommend it because alot of others have had trouble with them and i ruined one that i first put into my volcano in about 3 tanks of fuel. thats why i went with the hpi clutch bell. i also put an associated rpm pipe and hpi heasder on my volcano which helped a little for power and sound. look in the redcat repair and tune thread on here for some ideas and links.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:57 AM
spartan8892

hey thanks ill try that out and tell you how it goes
Old 04-14-2007, 03:51 PM
preston093

hey i have problems with they lower a arms but if i cant buy the metal ones i just make them my self and trust me it is well worth it i bought the alumlimim for five bucks for two foot long scrape pieces from this local machine shop so that is some thing think about .jerome.......
Old 04-14-2007, 03:57 PM
mashn76

how do you make them? do you have any pics to give us an idea?
Old 04-14-2007, 04:13 PM
preston093

i just take the arm i want to make and lay it on the metal i want to use and trace it out i just trace the outside edge i dont cut any of the holes or any thing because you dont need to but aliluinim is soft so i cut it out with a jig saw and then take a dremel to get in the small corners i have bought some real hard plastic and done this also i make my own shock towers and bead locks out of colored fiberglass i got at my old job it just save money and i like doing that kind of stuff i dont have pics but i will try to figure it out on here and try to put some on here in the few days thanks ...jerome........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.