Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Hey Kliff, I have a TM ?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:59 PM
-POWERSTROKE-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Kliff, I have a TM ?!

Hi Kliff. Thank you for all of your help with my TM. I'll get you up to date. T Maxx 2.5 with a new TM. Finished breaking it in yesterday and tuned it today. My buddy with his new 3.3 that is always blowing his mouth on how much better his 3.3 is was in the parking lot with it after work today. I took mine out and started it up. I turned the HSN a little bit and went to warm it up. After about 5 minuets of putting around I cracked the throttle and it flipped over, again and again and again. Before I could turn around he was in his car and left. Didn't say a thing. I LOVE IT! Here is my main question. I have only touched the HSN. Leaned it out about 3/4 of a turn from factory and its flipping over. Well it's still plenty rich and it's only running about 180 to 190 degrees with the body off. Do you guyes measure temp with the body on? If so will it be in the mid 200's with the body on? Because if I lean it out on the HSN anymore it wont wheelie anymore. So I put the HSN back to where it will wheelie because it is obviously running it's best there. Should I start working with the LSN or just leave it? Sorry for the long post but I wanted to tell you that it's good to be the king! At my job anyway! Thank you.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:29 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hey Kliff, I have a TM ?!

Put the body on it, and run it.....ck temps, butI'll bet the are perfect with the body. If it ain't broke,don't fixit. Is the lsn causin problems....No...then leave it alone.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:05 AM
mrmike4given

a good way to tell about thLSN is if it's real snappy when you goose it, another is if you bring it in and let it idle for 10-15 seconds and it dies the LSN needle is too rich.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Bruno

Any of you guys running a roto start on your TM? I want to get rid of the EZ start. I already have a roto on the .18 Cvr-x and it works really well. Just trying to figure out which roto plate I need that will fit.

Cheers,
Bruno
Old 04-07-2006, 03:02 PM
ncbasher

Hey Bruno i feel ya on getting rid of the ez start. Kliff can tell u for sure, i think he has them on both his trucks, but the same one that fits the stock trx 2.5 is the one u need. The one u have for the cvr-x will probly work idk. I had this same question a little while ago. Tower has them, just look up ofna roto start for the 2.5. I actually think ofna labels it for a tmx 2.5 not trx, so dont let it fool you.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:26 PM
MacPatton

Dont listen to Kliff. He doesnt know what the he-- hes talkin about. LMAO
Old 04-07-2006, 03:28 PM
MacPatton

Just so there is no confusion. The and the mean that I was joking and that Kliff absolutely knows what the he-- he is talking about............... Sometimes anyway
Old 04-07-2006, 03:51 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Gee thanx Mac.....seriously, here's what ya need..... http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHPS1&P=7 just remember, either re-use your OEM OWB, or order a new one(recommended).
This plate works on the Picco too.....just don't forget OEM style OWB's NOT the hex style.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:29 PM
donbeatya

hey kliff ? what is OEM and OWB when your talkin about re-usen in your last post, also if i buy this box do i need a better flywheel and if so can u suggest a few thanks
Old 04-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Bruno

Perfect! Thanks for the link

Bruno
Old 04-10-2006, 09:41 PM
cmullins

Hey Donbeatya, OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer like in this case the one that came with the truck. OWB means One Way Bearing. So...what he's saying is use the same type one way bearing as the EZ-Start uses if I'm not mistaken.

Chris