Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Old 04-10-2006, 05:17 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

tip... I noticed that the air hole in the the volcano was at best the size of a pin.. not good.. I took it off the spindle and bounced it. The air hole was not big enough.. You should have some nice reflex from the tire. So what i did what to heat up a straight pin. and enlarge the holes just a tick.. enough to let em breath and compresse. A lot easier.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:30 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone know what happened to xeller8? he hasnt been on in a long time.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:52 PM
jcam54

I was just thinking that yesterday...I hope everything is allright for him.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:32 PM
DiTi

hi guys,
does anyone know where I can find some screws like these?
I lost one and it's a bummer [:'(]

if you have any ideas please pm me or post here

thanx
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48870.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	442913  
Old 04-10-2006, 08:38 PM
cgoodlet

To the best of my understanding, the glow plug is light (hot wire) with the little igniter stick, then once the engine starts there is a combination of compression, ignition and a chemical reaction between the fuel and the type of material the glow plug wire is made of that keeps it hot when the engine is running. This is a pretty basic explanation and is again only to the best of my understanding which can at times be lacking.lol B)
Old 04-10-2006, 08:38 PM
RedcatRacing

Need a little Beta Testing.

We are about to launch this game.

Click Here: http://220.227.46.41/flashgame/

Read the rules so you know the object. Completing a jump is nothing if your score sucks. The game is no live and therefore if you do score 1000 points you will not be entered into any drawing for a free car. We will let you know when its live.

We have had a few RCU guys check it out but this is a later version. Just looking for glitches. We already know about the spelling error for word Congrates at the end and also know about the white type on the game screen that needs to be fixed.

Just looking for more.

Let me know.

PM me please.

Darin
Old 04-10-2006, 08:41 PM
cgoodlet

Look's like little metric sholder bolts.
They may be available from a good fastener house (fastenall, brafasco)
Old 04-10-2006, 08:44 PM
cgoodlet

My son is breaking plastic steady, I found a loctite product that seems to work pretty good. It is a two step process, an activator (primer or cleaner I think) and the glue (pretty much super glue) helps pass the time while waiting for parts.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:52 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

Need a little Beta Testing.

We are about to launch this game.

Click Here: http://220.227.46.41/flashgame/

We have had a few RCU guys check it out but this is a later version. Just looking for glitches. We already know about the spelling error for word Congrates at the end and also know about the white type on the game screen that needs to be fixed.

Just looking for more.

Let me know.

PM me please.

Darin

not for nothing bro but you should be spending time, effort and money on finding out why these cars strip spur gears like they do, i am on my 4th pair in 10 tanks of fuel for the tornado xp and the first on the volcano, or at least post a fix for this problem. I am pretty advanced when it comes to this hobby and own several different cars from many different companies and have never had a problem like this. i am also an adult so i take care of my things and do check the engine tightness, gear mesh and make sure the gears are clean and free of debris. This seems to be a serious problem, if you read the posts i think every tornado xp owner has this problem. granted the gears are cheap but it a large inconvience to wait for these parts. i find myself shying away from my redcat products and using the other name brand products i have more. I have purchased my final pairs of gears, if these pairs strip too, i will just sell my redcat stuff. i understand that breakage happens but a set of gears should last at least a few tanks of fuel. sorry for the criticism but i am very fustrated with your product.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:57 PM
RedcatRacing

I am heading to China tomorrow and will go over the spur gear issue with them when there.

Dealing with some of the manuf. via email just does not do it.

Darin
Old 04-10-2006, 09:33 PM
AJsToyz

Ok , the game does not work on my computor. Well , thats ok because my car fell apart the other day , I've got a matched set.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:54 PM
DiTi

heh,
the game is fun, but i think that the music is just a little annoing....(not my cup of tea :P)
you should put some obstacles there darin... make it more fun
Old 04-10-2006, 10:11 PM
cgoodlet

broken clutch spring I think
ORIGINAL: kosty83

thanks alot for the info im going to try it out. Also do you have any idea why its having a hard time rolling now? why does it feel as if its binding. I dont now it might be normal.

thanks,
eric
Old 04-10-2006, 10:24 PM
cgoodlet

My truck cam with some little spacers of various thickness's seemed to work ok but I am also looking for some newshocks anyways as the stock ones are hard to rebuild (rod seals)
ORIGINAL: blackdogafd

i agree with ya'll we should get some kind of group website chat room or something like that, i think that i will be great for all of us!

hey i also want to get some new adjustable shocks for my Syclone, cause i found out that mine are not ajustable as far as sring rate and cant adjust ride height any? ideas????

AS you can see from the picture there are no adjustments on the shock, cause i want to bring the rear end up some so its not squatting in the rear
Old 04-10-2006, 11:01 PM
shadymarkny

Hello, I just want to know where can I get the Part#02014 for my Volcano STX?? I know they are out of stock all most everywhere I looked.. CAN Someone e-mail me and sell me a spare one or something.. I haven't touched my truch in 8 days and I got it like about 2 weeks ago. I miss it so much.. I will put up the photo of my truck soon when ALL the PARTS I ordered comes in.. It should look great. By the way I LOVE this truck and I have checked out some many places to buy parts from.. Evryone is very very nice. BUT there's one store out there that is a fraud. NorthJerseyHobby.com I ordered simple things as lugs and tired from them on March 24th. And it is April 11th and I still don't have it. I wrote the owner e-mails after e-mails for 2 weeks and got NOTHING back from him. So I finally filed a dipute through PayPal to get my money back. I was very angry.. Watch out people!!
Old 04-10-2006, 11:40 PM
jcam54

cgoodlet adjust your brake linkage--ie--move it back and forward...it sounds like your brakes are not disengageing.
then try to roll the truck on the ground---while the motor is off.

shady...checkout www.clermontmotorsports.com it is run by chubbysdad on this forum and he is simply the best in my opinion...he has simply the best service and turn around that I have experienced in this hobby trying to get parts for my redcat!
Old 04-10-2006, 11:53 PM
shadymarkny

Awesome man.. I thanks for the tips. I will check them out!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:24 AM
eze98032

Hey Guys just wondering If anybody else has had troubles with Redcatracing.com. I have tried to order parts and never get them. Even thought they charge me for them. Also everytime I register with them it says they will send my password via e-mail and I never get it. I really just want to know where I can get some alluminum parts besides that sight.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:01 PM
futabaed

They charged you and you didnt get an invoice or mail tracking #? I know redcat uses fed ex and fed ex wont drop a package off without someone to sign for it.

And If you paid without getting parts just cancle payment via your credit card.
just remember it is mail and could take 2 weeks to get to ya max.
I myself have never had a problem with there shipping.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:46 PM
N3W2R/C

i jsut burned out another glo plug in my volcano stx and i was wonderign what kind should i buy that would last the longest? i am still running it alittle rich if that makes any difference.

oh i also sheared off the end of a drive shaft, like the little pegs sticking out of the ends just sheared off and i had to get a new one. no biggie

Logan
Old 04-11-2006, 08:48 PM
ehroof

lean it a little and run a cooler plug.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:54 PM
N3W2R/C

do you have any specific brand? or will any generic cool plug work?

Logan
Old 04-11-2006, 08:59 PM
ehroof

i would suggest novarossi, i'm about ready for bed or i would go to the garage and get a plug number for you.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:36 PM
N3W2R/C

ok
thats kool thank you

Logan
Old 04-11-2006, 09:47 PM
blackdogafd

hey as far as glo plugs go. i run the O.S engines A3 glo plug its a hotter plug and i havent had any problems with them yet.

here's there website www.osengines.com you can go to your LHS and get these plugs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.