Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Dynaflite Spitfire with a 56" wingspan

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Dynaflite Spitfire with a 56" wingspan

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Rob_Capone
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynaflite Spitfire with a 56" wingspan

Hi All,

I'm a newbe and was wondering. Does anyone here have a Dynaflite Spitfire with a 56" wingspan x 46" long??? I just won 1 on ebay and can't seem to find any data for this size. It has an OS 46, retracts and uses 6 channels.

Any suggestions on servo's would be appreciated it only has one for the retracts installed.

Thanks in advance,
Rob C

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 12:32 AM
ashley95

Default RE: Dynaflite Spitfire with a 56" wingspan

if youre a newbe i recommended that you get to a local club and ask alot of questions there. then learn to fly with an instructor before you try and fly your spits. warbirds have a tendency to tip stall, and usually a warbird is a 3rd or 4th plane.
as far as servos go try and search horizion hobbies web site for your plane.
good luck
Old 12-09-2005, 02:12 AM
SoonerAce

You've been a member of RCU since 8/2005. Good to do plenty of internet research before starting a new sport/hobby. What level of Newbie are you? Have you flown sims, high wing trainers? Buddy-boxed? landed and take offs? emergency procedures? tuned up and trim flown? Just trying to get an idea of where you are in your beginning,, but either way, I have chosen to put my first warbird on the shelf until I am proficient,(meaning no crunchy landings) with my low wing and mid wing planes. It will be a beautiful craft(kit) and I want to keep it in one piece as long as possible...

1)High wing glow trainer
2)Club association (meet and mingle)
3) Instructor with Buddy-Box
Old 12-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Rob_Capone

Hi again, Sorry I took so long to respond, persistent health issues can be a bi*** sometimes.

Well, I have been using Realflight G2 since September but have yet to fly for real. I also have not yet checked out any clubs. I am in the process of building a SPAD BUHOR .25 trainer to learn on and I have a great open place to fly near home.

Since my last post the Spit arrived and it has become obvious that a complete restore is needed. the original builder was not very proficient in covering and the retracts were not fitted very well, so it will be quite a while before it leaves the ground. I'm Looking for a set of plans for her to make life easier.

Have a nice Christmas!,
Rob

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 05:39 PM
abozzie

Good day,

I have a few of the Dynaflite warbirds (see my gallery below) and have the plans and instructions for them. I have made copies of most of the ribs, etc in case I ever needed a rebuild.

The Spitfire is basic four-channel and is a little on the heavy side compared to the P-40 and P-51 so it is not as easy to fly around at slow speeds.

Good luck,
AB