Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Great planes Triton

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 04:21 AM
Shawn Woelfel
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great planes Triton

Can anyone explain to me how to set up my triton to charge a three cell LI-PO pack? Its a 900 mah pack. I set the setting at 0.3A and set the voltage at 11.1v... Is this correct? I dont want to be a statistic with the fire department.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:28 AM
polstery

Default RE: Great planes Triton

Have you read the instructions??? Tell me,why did you pick .3A???
Old 04-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Shawn Woelfel

Yes I have read the instructions but it's all mumbo jumbo to me. I picked .3A because it technically should be a safe rate to charge the pack. From what I gather you shouldn't charge the pack at anything above .9A
A three cell 11.1V 900Mah Li Poly pack should not be charged at nothing higher than .9A and should not be disharged less than 9.0V... Is this correct? thats thd reason i charged at .3A is because I felt it would be a nice cool slow charge.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:53 AM
polstery

You got it. you are correct. Sounds to me like the fire dept. will not be coming to your house at all.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like you are doing everything correctly. However, you can safely go to a 0.9amps (1C) charge rate on your 900 mah battery if you want to with no danger. The Triton will end the charge when the battery reaches the proper voltage. As you have probably noted, the charge current starts out at a much lower value than you set it to. It then increases to whatever value you programmed in until the battery approaches full charge. The current will then slowly decrease until the battery reaches full charge. At that point charging cuts off and the display displays "END".
Old 04-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

A typical float charge starts at the current level you set, and decreases as the battery reaches full charge. Is the Triton different?
Old 04-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Shawn Woelfel

The triton does the same thing. At the end of the charge it peaks at 0.0 A. Its starts at like 0.1 and goes all the way up to your setting and slowly reduces to 0.0A at the end of the charge.