Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

nitro rustler aluminum parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 10:05 PM
martinanderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro rustler aluminum parts

I was just looking around the web for aluminum parts, i want a-arms and shock towers and axle cariers, but also was wondering if they had any axle upgrades, mine last about 3 tanks and they break, i just put a new 2.5 engine on it other one blew up and man it is hard to keep the front tires on the ground, i really need to do something with the axles any help would be awsome
thanks

martin
Old 04-18-2006, 10:51 PM
makg

Default RE: nitro rustler aluminum parts

RD Racing Products
Old 03-10-2007, 01:03 PM
fun4ej
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, after replies from Traxxas and all other aftermarket parts suppliers that are still in business, no one seems to have a 1-piece stub axle/drive yoke replacement part for #2753. So using part #4628x, I did the next best thing...the steel drive yoke axle hop-up....sorry, i don't have pics of the whole process

--grind down the inner ring on the opposite end of the u-joint of part#4628x until it's height resembles the stock plastic part...(shown in the first pic)

--remove the stub axle from the stock plastic drive yoke

--grind down and drill out the retaining pin that held the stub axle in the plastic drive yoke

--take out the 2 set screws on the new steel yokes, put a dab of locktite on the set screws,(I used red high temp locktite), replace set screws

--insert the stub axle into the steel yoke and tighten the set screws so that they seat themselves into the hole where the retaining pin used to be

And that's it!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:25 AM
piney 73

I got my alum parts from neweramodels.com I have no problems with there stuff.They have a lot of stuff and you can get blue or silver I have silver just because the blue gets scratched up and looks like crap but thats just me.