Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Fields near Davenport, IA

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 12:21 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fields near Davenport, IA

My daughter just landed a job as a quality control engineer for John Deere , in Davenport IA. Since I see myself making quite a few trips out there in the near future I figured I should find out where the flying fields are so I have a place to go when her and her mom decide to go shopping. Any info would be helpful, thanks.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:49 PM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Fields near Davenport, IA

There are two clubs in davenport Iowa. there is the Davenport radio control society. here is a link to their web site [link]http://www.davenportrc.org/[/link]

And there is the QUAD CITIES RC WHIRYLBIRDS . They do not have a website but I will PM you a phone number so you can contact them.
hope this helps.
paul
Old 04-30-2006, 10:15 PM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

rc-sport -- I don't know if you have ever tried it before, but Bill Lee has created a great [link=http://www.ama-dist-8.org/Clubs/Locator.php]AMA Club Locator[/link] tool. I put in a zip of 52804 and a radius of 25 miles and came up with 5 clubs total. It pretty much shows what Paul said, but if you use it, you also will be able to use some of my data that Bill is piggy backing on his data which will show you satellite images and maps to the actual field rather only giving you club contact names or trying to decipher directions from the club website. If you look at the results, look for those that have an extra link in the top right that says "Link to GPS and Aerial Photos".

We use to live in Ohio for about 6 years, and during all 6 years we would travel back home twice a year to Wyoming to see family and get back up in the mountains (which is where we have moved to again). We stopped at the field that is closest to I-80 towards the west end of Davenport several times on our way through. If I remember right it is part of a sod farm, so the grass is really nice. The last time through one of the guys had brought out a beautiful SCALE Corsair, missle racks, the whole thing. Flew beautiful and got some really nice pictures of it.

Have a great time visiting with your daughter and also getting to know the folks in Davenport, they always made me feel very welcome, even if it was only for about an hour or two, once a year
Old 05-01-2006, 07:22 AM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.