Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

jato, good truck or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 03:28 PM
t-maxx123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jato, good truck or bad?

ok, im thinking of trading my t-maxx for a jato. im really trying to get a fun little truck that is capable of doing many thing. i use to have a team losi electric stadium truck ad it was fun and all. so my realy question is what do you guys think about the jato and what can it do(does it hold speed through grass or will it struggle in an uncut lawn? you know, those kinda things. anyone
Old 05-07-2006, 03:41 PM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: jato, good truck or bad?

I have a blast with my Jato. I keep my lawn pretty well kut, so I can not say for an overgrown area... but on my lawn I loose no speed or traction.
I am sure there will be some traxxas haters come in here and say it is a bad truck... but those of us who own them LOVE them.
It won't be able to go over eveything your Maxx can, but it will plenty enough.
One more thing. The Jato is stupid fast!!! then when you drop a 3.3 in it WOW!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 03:53 PM
crazyjr

Any ST will have trouble with tall grass, so i would suggest the Tmaxx, but if you decide to get a Jato, you will not be dissappointed
Old 05-07-2006, 03:56 PM
t-maxx123

well, i ride mostly street and my friends motocross track. so would the jato be able to withstand jumps and stuff without breaking. also is there any race leagues for the jato/stadium trucks?
Old 05-07-2006, 04:02 PM
R_man_5k

It can jump great! I would suggest getting the RPM a-arms to cut down on breaking them... But for an ST the Jato is pretty durable. There is no ST that can take the abuse like MTs though...

As far as racing most tracks have an ST class. Many don't make you take out the single speed or put in a .12 It just all depends on what rules they run. The tracks I go to around here let you run what you bring and it is all about learning to drive better and having fun. Running in the ST class will make you a better driver too. It is about the hardest class to run at the track.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:02 PM
crazyjr

It should I took mine to an offroad track with monster jumps and didn't break anything. and there were not too many pretty landings either
Old 05-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

my rusty goes through very tall grass with no sweat with some mashers in the rear. so im guessing bigger tires will make it go good
Old 05-07-2006, 04:13 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: crazyjr

Any ST will have trouble with tall grass, so i would suggest the Tmaxx, but if you decide to get a Jato, you will not be dissappointed
Have you ever driven a 4-wheel drive stadium truck like the HPI MT2? Of coarse it does have to do with how tall the grass is but even a Savage, Revo or what ever has their limitations on how tail the grass it will go throw. My HPI MT will go just about anywhere my Savage will go.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Motohead24

i am guessing you folks did not read the original post too closely?the dude already has a tmaxx.he is thinking of trading it for a jato.so i am sure he knows the difference between a monster and a stadium.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:37 PM
t-maxx123

^yea, i was just wondering if if it can handle close to the conditions of my mt, i dont have anywhere with tall grass, just a couple inches long. i will mostly be riding street and a my friends dirtbike track which will be used as a race coarse. so im not to worried.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:48 PM
speedchris

Jato is a awesome truck man, just needs some proline masher 200's and rpm arms. You will not be disapointed. Authough for uncut grass i'd rather have 4wd, but i love the speed of this 2wd...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36042.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	457648  
Old 05-07-2006, 06:50 PM
speedchris

2000's not 200's
Old 05-07-2006, 07:04 PM
475kyle475

i had a jato, and traded it for a savage........big mistake....im buyin another jato tonight because i miss my old one.....it is a sick truck, you definetly wont be dissapointed
Old 05-07-2006, 07:55 PM
crazyjr

ORIGINAL: Motohead24

i am guessing you folks did not read the original post too closely?the dude already has a tmaxx.he is thinking of trading it for a jato.so i am sure he knows the difference between a monster and a stadium.
I did thats why i said that i worded it wrong when i said get, but i meant keep.

46u, no i haven't and i agree, but when i think ST i think 2wd. The 4wd ST need more recognition
Old 05-07-2006, 07:56 PM
crazyjr

ORIGINAL: Motohead24

I did thats why i said that, i worded it wrong when i said get, but i meant keep.

46u, no i haven't and i agree, but when i think ST i think 2wd. The 4wd ST need more recognition
Old 05-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

i've seen videos of a jato and it seems killer, dont get me wrong 4wd MT's are the **** for mudding and rippin up the street with the 4wd and turning at WOT and like seeing the 4wd in action, yea fun stuff..until u flip, but im pretty sure somone will come up with a 4wd conversion kit for the jato
Old 05-07-2006, 09:15 PM
R_man_5k

umm... no I doubt it. 4wd on a Jato would take a complete re-design of the truck.