Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Lipo batteries won't discharge

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 08:44 PM
thedude0901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo batteries won't discharge

Greetings,

OK, I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is. I have 8 x 3s 11.1v 1650 mAh 10C batteries from Commonsenserc and none of them will discharge more than 100 mAh. My setup is as follows:

Triton charger ---> Hyperion LBA6 ---> Battery

Using this configuration I've fully charged every pack. The Triton showed anywhere from 400 mAh to 800 mAh put into each battery. Each pack shows 12.0v to 12.2v. Then, I set the LBA6, set the discharge at 12v 1.6A, or 1C, and it will only drain about 100 mAh from the pack before stopping. Thinking the LBA6 was the problem, I removed it and used a straight connection to the battery. The same thing happened. Thinking I was trying to pull to much I set the Triton to discharge at 0.5C and I got the same thing.

I can connect this entire rig to my TP packs and they will discharge to the rated capacity using either the LBA6 or the battery discharge wires.

At this point I'm totally out of ideas and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
The Dude
Old 05-09-2006, 06:05 AM
polstery

Default RE: Lipo batteries won't discharge

Ask commonsense I'm sure they will be willing to help, thy are VERY nice people.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:35 PM
thedude0901

Greetings,

If they would reply to emails I would'nt have to come here.

Best Regards,
The Dude
Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 PM
polstery

I guess the phone would work better then, I've never had a problem with them.