Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 36 motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Kota_air
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 36 motor

I smoked the motor that came with my walkera 36. I picked up a standard speed 400 motor at a local hobby shop and it didn't have enough power to even lift off the ground. I tried another 400 that was of better quality and still did not have enough power to get off the ground. I made an assumption that walkera must use a high torque motor or they have done something different than the standard speed 400. I hate having to wait for parts to ship. I can't buy anything locally for the Walkera and most places you can buy from on the web are overseas (China).

Has anyone had this same problem or know if there something different about the Walkera motor?

This is my second electric helicopter. The first one was the GWS Dragonfly. P.O.S.! The lesson I have learned here is that my next heli will be nitro and I will purchase it from the LHS so I can simply drive down the street and pick up the parts I need. Lord knows sooner or later your going to need parts.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:31 PM
neweheliflyer

Default RE: Walkera 36 motor

[link=http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=WK-BRUSHCON]Upgrade the motor to brushless motor[/link] or get the stock no. 36 motor
Old 05-19-2006, 09:40 AM
ViciousHeli

Default RE: Walkera 36 motor

Get the 380L with 11T pinion and an 1800mAh LiPo battery you will never go back. 15min flying time per charge and you just fly not fuel or any thing. You will soon go off nitro its got its own hassles every time.
Also my partner doesnt like me flying nitro helies inside Something about the smoke) but the electric is fine jsut turn it on and fly.
Mind you still got the nitro heli but it only comes out when I want to get some big air!