Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Which Corsair ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 06:54 AM
ibow24
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Corsair ??

Hi guys, This is my first post in the Warbirds section. I'm sure this has been asked and covered before. I've done some searching and got some answers but anyway, here's my questions.
I've built a lot of kits from trainers up to 35% Carden's so I'm pretty confident I can build a nice warbird and I always wanted to build a big Corsair.
I'm leaning toward the Ziroli and using his glass fuse.
Does anyone have any experience with the glass fuse that they can share?
Is it designed with removable wings or is it up to the builder to come up with that plan?
How about a good kit cutter for Ziroli plans?

Should I consider a different kit? Iron Bay etc.
Anything else you guys can add would be a help. Power plant, Retracts, where to get good scale info.
I want to build a Marine version from one of the South Pacific fighter squadrons.

thanks
Steve
I know..the picture isn't a warbird

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64384.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	459103  
Old 05-10-2006, 08:06 AM
ibow24

Default RE: Which Corsair ??

Also, I heard rumors of Yellow coming out with a Corsair awhile back but nothing listed on their website.
any info on this?
thanks
Steve
Old 05-11-2006, 07:38 AM
e4dragongunner
My Feedback: (2)

I say their proposed Hellcat about 3 years ago.....Flew beautifully.... But as for when it will be available????? two weeks from never... is my bet... I love yellows stuff , but they do things in their own time...... The p-40 is gorgous!!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:00 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve , Ziroli is the way to go because the customer support is excellant , many after market extras are made for Ziroli and many kit cutter handle there plans .

Curious where do you fly at ?
Old 05-12-2006, 12:58 AM
speedaholic
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want a big corsair, I have been looking at this one for me, its a all composite 100 inch wing span, the web site it
www.mastermodelers.com looks like a great plane, I just love the corsair, I will soon be ordering this one and will probably use a zdz80 or similar engine in it. I here the service is good to. used to be conachen aircraft but he sold the molds and stuff to this new guy. Good luck.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:57 AM
ibow24

LDM,
since you're from Denver I'm betting we fly at the same place. Cocalico Propbusters.
I joined about 2 years ago after being away from the fling part of the hobby for some years. In the past I flew at the old field of Tri-County Wingsnappers and 222 Flying club.

I don't get to fly much. I do a lot more building than I do flying. When I get to fly it's usually a weekeday evening.

Steve
Old 05-12-2006, 09:59 AM
LDM

Steve , I sound like you , busy with the kids sports so building and bashing is my game , when I do fly -------top secret , I go to the high school , I am the only one there , check my frequecy and go fly , no time for clubs for now , but love the C prop busters , good club .
Old 05-12-2006, 10:17 AM
ibow24

understood, I build all winter because there isn't much else to do and nice weather comes I never have time to fly what I build.
most of my flying is done in my front yard with one of my foamies.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:13 PM
LDM

Steve , have you found any good shops in the area , I use to go to TOP GUN in lancaster , owner Tom is a good guy but mail order got the best of him , plane -trains and Lanes in allentown is ok , otherwise I hit shops on the road .
Sorry for swaying from the post ,
As far as corsairs , mixed feelings on CMP but the price is good for a 75" corsiar ARF and you can spend your time bashing the fun stuff and makeing it more scale
Old 05-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Q500

Have you looked at Century Jet Models 1/5 scale F4U-1A Corsair?
Old 05-13-2006, 07:19 AM
ibow24

I haven't heard many good things about the CJM kits ( price vs quality ) but I've never seen one first hand either.

Good hobby shops...Hmmm, it would be nice to have one of those wouldn't it?
Iron Horse Hobby in Reading. Mostly trains but they are a good source for kit builders because the guy has a lot "stuff" but often you have to ask for it. It's a small shop and he keeps a lot of things in the "back room". Has a few kits and arfs on display.

Hobby Town in Temple is a nice store but I feel they try to cover too many bases. Lot's of ARF's very few kits if any. All the normal building items but not much of the odd ball stuff you sometime need. Hardware section could be better.