Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

POP UP 12 METER

Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

POP UP 12 METER

Old 05-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Ka3muf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POP UP 12 METER

I have the subject model in partially completed condition. I am curious what it might be worth. Since I am unable now to complete it, I would like to see it get into the hands of someone interested in finishing the project. The kit is complete with mylar sails from Amen Design, sail winch with 11 inch variable arm, Futaba rudder servo and all of the fittings. Both servos are expertly installed with waterproofed, custom wooden mounting blocks. The hull has been completed and painted yellow with a black stripe around the outside of the gunwale. The white Formica deck has two 2 inch tears at the starboard corners of the hatch. These can easily be repaired and spare decking material (1/32 Formica is included). A victim of careless movers!

The mast is almost completed. All parts have been lovingly cared for and are included as well as grommet pliers, all remaining hardware and extra stainless steel wire for rigging.

I am quite proud of the way this model has turned out so far. It would be a great addition to anyone's fleet

My goal is to put this all on ebay but shipping will be a nightmare. The hull is very large and heavy with the installed lead keel and the mast is, well, a long mast almost 6 feet in length and rigged! If someone is interested and we could agree on a price, I will travel up wards to 250 miles (or half way to the buyer) from Bristol, TN (my home) to hand deliver.

My main reason for this message is to develop a value for this fine model. Any hints out there? By the way, this is an original kit purchased in 1991 from Herman Burger himself. I don't know if that makes any difference though...

I would prefer responses direct to my email address: [email protected] or you could phone me on 276-608-8750. Feel free to rspond here as well. My access and/or response might be a bit delayed do to some problems I am having with Internet Explorer.

Henry
Old 05-17-2006, 12:19 AM
LarryLudwig

Default RE: POP UP 12 METER

FWIW,

if you can find a box large enough to pack it in, you can ship it easily enough. I just had a Vortex 60 sent to me via DHL from Chattanooga to my shop in Texas. 2nd Day was $145.00 and ground would have been $55.00 so it is not out of the question for you to ship.

It seems bad, but for $3.00 they even come to your house and pick it up. Not bad eh?

Larry
Old 05-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Ka3muf

Thanks, Larry! That's good info. I have never used DHL for various reasons. Perhaps I should give them a try...

Sorry for the tardy response. I collected a trojan virus and am just now coming out of it's grip!
Old 05-19-2006, 11:04 PM
oz_hole

Henry, you might also want to check out Greyhound for shipping, it can be a LOT cheaper and delivery times are within same day to 3 days depending on the distance.
Just box it and throw it on the bus (gently though)...
Have you got any pics?
thanks, oz
Old 05-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You could place an ad in the RCU Marketplace for free and put in stipulations such as your means of pick-up or delivery.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:28 PM
LarryLudwig

Greyhound is also a good way... I think the only rub with them was you had to go to the station to drop off and pick up. We have shipped J boats using Greyhound, and they did as well as any others.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I just went out to I-10 with a box and some money and caught some trucker heading West.... heheheh
Some smart guy will get together on the internet, and have people sign on that the are driving from A to B and you will be able to give them $20 and send something cheap. You watch... set it up like EBay, he will make a fortune.