Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

MalayAsian Hangar

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Mac Neil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MalayAsian Hangar

ORIGINAL: RottieBoy

I throughly agree we should do all we can to limit accidents eg. no fly over people, cars etc is the MINIMAL. I do agree that my "fly at me pull up trick" (yes I am the guilty pilot) is freeking out many people and so I stopped doing it when people are behind me. it's also a good / v. good idea not to turn at people, fly too close to people etc

But fact is guys there IS an inherent risk in this hobby. You WILL have close calls now and then and you WILL one day get your finger cut by a prop, WILL have a dead stick and WILL and close to a car, crash, have linkage failures etc etc. We all have to accept this risk - if you don't then it's best to stay at home and play computer games....as for my pull up tricks I know that my plane generates less than 3g in pull up and since I have tested my wing safely to 7gs I know I've got 2x safety margin which is why I take the calcuated risk.

In summary, lets minimize all our risks in this hobby to ensure max safety, but lets know go overboard or the ONLY way we'll be flying in clock/anti-clockwise 40m up and 50m away!! and I've been to some clubs where thats basically the only way to fly which is SOOO boring and pointless one might as well give up the hobby. a
Here is the next accident waiting to happen. Just as the newbie who wont listen to others about safety, this guy is doing the exact same thing, just making slipshod excuses which are so unbelieveable. 2x safety margin??? Really???[:'(]

You tested your wing to 7G's? Lets see now, 1G is the equivalent of accelerating at 9.81m/s2, so 7G's will be an acceleration of 68.67m/s2, exactly how did you subject your wing to that acceleration? What apparatus did you use? Or is this just an assumption you are making by putting weights on the wing and assuming that you have the equivalent of 7G's? Perhaps you have forgotten real world factors in these assumptions? The actual G's pulled are due to acceleration and not just dead weight multiplied 7 times or whatever.

What about your receiver? servos? batteries? switches? antenna? radio? linkages? battery checker? Are all those redundant as well? You have double of everything so that your plane really has a 2x margin of safety??

SAFETY FIRST, EXCUSES NEVER!!!!![:@]

Magna has voiced this concern before, and now CaptainGlo, maybe its time you paid attention to his words instead of making excuses to ignore them. Anytime a plane is heading to the pits at high speed or prop hanging close to people it is hazardous. Nuff said.

Most people should see you strange change in tune from calling for safety to now trying to make it seem unimportant. And your comparison to cars is complete hogwash.None of the highways in Malaysia were designed to be high speed motorways like the autobahn, its not a comparison that is logical. Be honest with yourself and everyone else, and do whats safe, its something we all need.

Cheers
Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 AM
CaptainGlo

ORIGINAL: easyflyer

Jump inside the longkang?. That drain is 3' wide and open. Not going to help much. That air-to-surface thing can still hit you.[:@]
If it hits you when you're in the longkang, then its not your day la. Or you'd better go buy 4D after that.

Alternatively, we could slide underneath our cars but I don't think some of us would fit .
Bring along a motorcycle crash helmet if you have one.

Whatever the case, accidents do happen....anytime, anywhere, to anyone. Please don't ever say it won't happen to you. Be alert always (easy to say, hard to do). And watch out for one another.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:30 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys ... you know what I love about this internet, you get arses who hide behind the HANDLE and talk so much crap. I mean its people like Mac Neil who registers a new handle and then goes about as if no one realises what he is up to. Just track his postings and we all can see what a load of hog wash he is up to. You get this pathetic story of being some Singaporean who comes to Malaysia and sees things. I mean, get a better story la.

In the same manner he is here to stir things up with Rottie. I mean if you wanna talk so much then make yourself known. Don't be such a jerk hiding behind some handle. I wonder why Mac Neil, being such a purveyor of safety, has not bothered to notice how dangerous the scene is in KL than in Singapore rather than hinting to all at RCU that I am a lousy pilot. But again who cares, not even the guys in the thread he has posted in cares.

Come in Mac Neil, be a man ... act like one and not like a kid. Don't stir things up here. Everyone knows each other and its about having a good time. If you wanna stir things up then please do it else where.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:04 AM
RottieBoy

Hey D**KHead McNeil !!, if you got something to say, be a man and say it to my face! do you wanna meet me at the field and tell me I'm talking crap? I may only be 5'&7" and 170lbs but I GUARANTEE you I don't talk crap, that I take GREAT offense at your accusations and I have no problem getting physical with you. I can also almost guarantee you that should you come to the field you get a lesson in manners AND aeromodelling. But I guess you are too ChickenS**T to come are'nt you? and prefer to hit out in the safety of your computer. whats you're problem? girlfriend dumped you for another guy? or just general immaturity?

From your email its also very obvious that you don't know what you are talking about. ie you're basically ignorant. Read on to your rectify your ignorance and your arrogance..and if you still don't believe me any knowledgeable pilot will correct you.

Firstly, you are totally ignorant on Gs!! YES I do put weights on my wings, this is the same procedure applied by almost ALL RC modellers INCLUDING US national flyers at my former flying field, one of whom was a former US-Navy top gun ace and trainer and MSc in Aeronautical engineering. But I guess you know more right? In your case you are such a idiot because you have confused static and dynamic forces. Fact is it does not matter whether I use a static method as long as the force is equivalent to a dynamic method you D**K,. from test (with G meters installed, everyone - excpet you obviously know a typical 40-60 size sport model will generat 3.5-4 gs max). Now I g = 9.82, but that is the gravitational force, more importantly when in engineering we say 2 Gs, we mean twice the weight of the model (less wing) and 3gs is 3xs. Like I said it does not matter the wing is moving as long as we STimulate the dynamic forces. And of course I included the weight of my receivers battery and fuel !! I think you gotta be really THICK to even think I did not because it IMPLIED...or do you not understand the world implied? because from your mail you're stupid enough not too.

As for the highways in Malaysia : its very obvious your travel experiences are limited or non-existent. - maybe you are some HDB ah Beng who only takes the LRT, Or perhaps it because you claim to be singaporean and live where the speedlimit is 90-110. Any Bozo(and you are definitely one) will tell you the Autostrada in Italia is often not 1/2 as good as our NS, EW highways and the italian drive at v. high speeds across them. There is NOTHING wrong with our highway compared to the developed countries of whihc i have spent some 15 years living in. It has everythign to do with driver mentatily. Even Dr. M said "1st world infrastructure, 3rd world mentality", but I guess people like you come from the 4th world - the chickens**t world that hides behind webthread and new handles

and by the way my safety record in flying and drivign is 100%. by that I mean I have never hit anyone or anything and have avoided many dangerous situations. Yes I do drive at Very high speeds on malaysian roads , providing the traffic and cars are ideal. By highspeed I mean regularly at 180-200kmh and safely having said that I often drive WAY below the speed limit because of traffic,conditions other cars. and I would not do 180-200 in just any car, bec the cars/motorcyles I driving/riding at that speed were designed for the 200-250 range and the conditons where perfect when I driving at that speed.

any more question Mac S**Tbrain Neil? and when can we meet in person/ you reveal who you are

Old 05-22-2006, 10:31 AM
RottieBoy

ORIGINAL: Mac Neil

Here is the next accident waiting to happen. Just as the newbie who wont listen to others about safety, this guy is doing the exact same thing, just making slipshod excuses which are so unbelieveable. 2x safety margin??? Really???[:'(]

You tested your wing to 7G's? Lets see now, 1G is the equivalent of accelerating at 9.81m/s2, so 7G's will be an acceleration of 68.67m/s2, exactly how did you subject your wing to that acceleration? What apparatus did you use? Or is this just an assumption you are making by putting weights on the wing and assuming that you have the equivalent of 7G's? Perhaps you have forgotten real world factors in these assumptions? The actual G's pulled are due to acceleration and not just dead weight multiplied 7 times or whatever.

What about your receiver? servos? batteries? switches? antenna? radio? linkages? battery checker? Are all those redundant as well? You have double of everything so that your plane really has a 2x margin of safety??

SAFETY FIRST, EXCUSES NEVER!!!!![:@]

Magna has voiced this concern before, and now CaptainGlo, maybe its time you paid attention to his words instead of making excuses to ignore them. Anytime a plane is heading to the pits at high speed or prop hanging close to people it is hazardous. Nuff said.

Most people should see you strange change in tune from calling for safety to now trying to make it seem unimportant. And your comparison to cars is complete hogwash.None of the highways in Malaysia were designed to be high speed motorways like the autobahn, its not a comparison that is logical. Be honest with yourself and everyone else, and do whats safe, its something we all need.

Cheers
This guys really sounds like a total D**K, I wonder why he does'nt reveal who he really is. From his posting on how he calculates Gs to how he tries to stir things up, its very obvious he know next to nothing about RC. Wonder what his agenda really is? and what his problem. I suspect he is some pimply faced kid with problems attacting girls and a m**turbation problem!! come on Mac Neil since you so knowledgable reveal yourself..
Old 05-22-2006, 10:37 AM
RottieBoy

ORIGINAL: CaptainGlo

ORIGINAL: easyflyer

Jump inside the longkang?. That drain is 3' wide and open. Not going to help much. That air-to-surface thing can still hit you.[:@]
If it hits you when you're in the longkang, then its not your day la. Or you'd better go buy 4D after that.

Alternatively, we could slide underneath our cars but I don't think some of us would fit .
Bring along a motorcycle crash helmet if you have one.

Whatever the case, accidents do happen....anytime, anywhere, to anyone. Please don't ever say it won't happen to you. Be alert always (easy to say, hard to do). And watch out for one another.
like we've all been talking about, let all just be conscious of accidents and be open / humble enough to accept corrections. I for one don't want to wear a motorcycle helmet when flying and frankly as long as we take reasonable care I should'nt need to as RC flying is to me a very acceptable risk...but Idon't like flying weekend afternoons as I do see some very dangerous flying !!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:50 AM
RottieBoy

ORIGINAL: GAGAK

Guys,

Where can I get Hitec HS65 servos locally? CaptGlo what servos will you be using for your EF Extra?
There's a guy who distributes Hi-Tec locally / in private. Ask Tianci, last time he gave me the no.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:56 AM
RottieBoy

ORIGINAL: CaptainGlo

The newbie HAD an instructor with him but was flying all over the place....not according to pattern. He then
had a deadstick and tried to bring it in by himself. Must have lost orientation (due to in-experience?) and banked the wrong
way and it came down hitting the back of the vehicle. He DID NOT hand over the radio to the instructor.
If they had a buddy cable, I guess that wouldn't have been an issue. And yes, the newbie is paying for the repair works.

The broken wing incident also happened that same afternoon. The trainer banked in for landing....levelled off and the wing
just broke off. Plane crashed on runway. (And BTW, the trainer belonged to the instructor and flown by someone else).
It's good the newbie takes resp and pays for the damages.

I think this is a good reminder to all Instructors training students to be Xtra carefull as beginners are more likely to have an accident. In light of all the wings breaking in teh middle, we should also stress test our wings (a good firm press will do), esp on those darn Excel Trainers
Old 05-22-2006, 11:00 AM
tIANci

Rottie - its not worth it l, just ease off on the posting before it gets censored. Some people are sad.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:06 AM
RottieBoy

[quote]ORIGINAL: Mac Neil

Hey there,

I was also interested in a Fliton once. It looks certainly good on paper, but during a business trip to Malaysia last year I had the chance to witness the plane in action. First of all the built quality seemed not that good. It appeared a bit flimsy and the guy flying it had problems with a hatch coming off all the time. Also the flying chracteristics didn't impress me that much (i think it had a Saito .82 in it), but that one is a bit harder to judge since the guy who was flying the plane couldn't really handle the plane that well. I wasn't really sure if that was due to the lack of flying skills or the plane itself but at he end I decided to go for an Aeroworks Edge, which is a proven model.

Regards,

Brian

so looks like McNeil name is "Brian". btw MacNeil I think you are the only one not impressed by the Fliton Flight characteristics, it the general concensus the Fliton is one of the best, if not best aerobats out there. As for build quality Its definitely up there with the best, out of the 100s of posting I've you are the the ONLY person questioning this planes ability.. I makes me wonder if you have some sorta agenda or are you just a BS artist as most of us on this web think you are?
Old 05-22-2006, 11:11 AM
RottieBoy

ORIGINAL: tIANci

Rottie - its not worth it l, just ease off on the posting before it gets censored. Some people are sad.
ok no problem,, but I bet this moron will soon stop posting because people like him often just like to make trouble but as soon as they are confronted chicken out real fast....

Yup I checked his other postings and can see he is definitely up to no good and prob has some hidden agenda of sorts.

over and out.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:28 PM
tIANci

I find it truly sad that in here there is a need to play games. What the hell for? Is it not enough that everyone is screwing each other out there that we need to bring such nonsense into here and the hobby. Some people will not ever learn. Perhaps there is a higher being and may that day be the day they learn when they come to face at the end of their pathetic life.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Flare

Guys,

Take a breather man. It aint worth it. This guy may just be out to start a flame war.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:08 PM
CaptainGlo

Looks like I started all this by referring to Rottie's favourite 'fly to me and pull up' trick. Frankly, it does worry a few people, yours truly included, and I'm glad he has decided not to do it anymore when there are other people around. Thank you Rottie (from all of us).

Yes, there is a risk in everything we do these days. We are taking a risk by driving to work on the highway every morning (more people die on the road than in an airliner crash). But yet we do it because life must go on.

I said before and will say again, accidents DO happen anywhere, anytime, to anyone. To the best cars, ships, trains, planes, people, etc. Unfortunately accidents cannot be totally eliminated. But PLEASE, lets do our best to minimise it. That includes checking our equipment and ourselves.

And to those who don't care 2 hoots about safety, about their lives or lives of others, don't regret it when you have blood on your hands. That nightmare will haunt you the rest of your life.

Enough said. Let's fly.......safely.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:15 PM
GAGAK

Muahahaha...!!!

Lots of *you know what* these past few pages. I have refrained from commenting except for post #4333, until now....

Fat lots of chance to minimise risk if you,
'fly to me and pull up'
Get real please all talks are bull if you don't practice it.

As said
be grateful it happened in E.Europe guys and not somewhere closer to home.
Now what would happen if the engine is embedded right between the eyes? If Murphy Law want to shows who is boss? Will it affect all of Malaysian RC'er?

if it happened in eg. Singapore or Thailand I can imagine the over-reaction the Malaysian government would take and possibly the press.
Before we all get banned be considerate, do like what is preached.

Lastly this is not a personal attack on Rotiboy, it is a reminder to all those thick heads that thinks accident don't happen to them.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:21 PM
GAGAK

sometimes its very funny other times its hilarious!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:39 PM
RottieBoy

ORIGINAL: Flare

Guys,

Take a breather man. It aint worth it. This guy may just be out to start a flame war.
yeah I think you are right this MacNeil idiot is prob some immature joker who gets his kicks from stirring it up. Now that we've asked him to reveal himself I'm pretty sure he will go elsewhere. Unfortunately there are plenty of idiots like this on the internet & in the real world who love to cause trouble. Good thing is when they are confronted they typically chicken out and go elsewhere for their pathetic kicks.

as for safety I think all the regular / sensible flyers agree we should fly with safety in mind and be conciencious of how other flyers feel (which I why I stopped my pull up thingy - makes people too uncomfortable). We also have a resp toward educating new flyers and each other and as long as we do so the occasional incident should be God willing; minimized.

enough said: Happy & safe flying to all real RCers, Tianci, Flare, Gagak, Gapt Glo, Merv, Moneywise & others..
Old 05-22-2006, 11:51 PM
CaptainGlo

Hey guys with float planes,

How many of you wanna go to the KKB lake on 3rd June? Ain't gonna be fun if I go alone.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Flare

CaptGlo,

Count me and Merv in. Just spoke to Merv, he is quite certain he wont have his SeaMasterBate ready by then, but will come along for the ride and company.

Will try and get my Cub ready by then. Problem is, even if I can finish her by then, problem of transport again.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:12 AM
CaptainGlo

Tianci,
You sure we boleh masuk. No need to call Council?

Flare,
Let me try borrow my wife's Matrix and see if your cub can fit.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:28 AM
Flare

CaptGlo,

Thanks buddy. I am going to try and finish up the cub this week..tonite doing niner mike registration marks. Once all done, I will see if I can make a special PVC stand so I can prop the plane up on my back seat. Must leave place for my wife in the front seat..she probably wants to enjoy the serene scenary at KKB too.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:44 AM
RottieBoy

I'll be driving past KKB on the 3rd back from Frasers Hill,... so if you guys are at the lake hopefully I can drop by.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:14 AM
tIANci

CG - I will go ask for you guys la ... I doubt we can rent the lake! I need to take pic of the Donald for you.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:09 AM
fuzzlee

CG, Flare, Merv,
Enjoy KKB....

Just remember there are some rc boat activity on the other lake... Probably a good idea to drop by there and leave your frequency number and phone number with them before you start your activity... That way, no glitch and if there are guys who arrive later, they can call you guys to confirm any new frequencies... Happy landings!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Flare

Hi Fuzlee,

Thanks bro. Wish you could join us on this outing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.